Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    I still wish to play a first person (single player with capability of a few friends) Sci-fi game mixed with some fantasy elements (like Star Gate) where I can visit hundreds of worlds by ship. That means I can land or take off over the planet/moons/asteroids/space stations all in real time without a load screen. The same when traveling the stars as well. No short cut load screens but all real time.
    It would be aimed at older audiences (20+), but that doesn't automatically mean it has to have sailor talk and explicit sex scenes. Just something with a mature tone without all the over exaggerated humor. Nothing gritty dark and dull, but simply inspirational and intellectually involving with a complex universe.
    While it's not very likely it's "exactly" what you're looking for, Evochron Mercenary probably fits a lot of your criteria. I bought it a while back on Steam, but I haven't played it a whole bunch. As far as I remember, there weren't loading screens. I don't think you can ever get out of your ship, but the world is extremely free and open, and you can fly along the surface of planets and such.

I didn't play a lot partially because it has a pretty steep learning curve, plus if I recall correctly, it actually did take quite a while to get places since I don't recall there being an "instant" travel option. It's an Indie Simulator style, so I suppose it's not meant to be simple.

Check out this page to get some general info about the game and the key features: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronme...y/features.htm

The "Media" link on that site has a lot of screen shots and a video as well.

To be honest, it's pretty impressive, especially for an Indie game.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    My big wish for games is an MMO with a constantly changing and updating world and no levels:

Character progression would be based upon new abilities, armour, and most of all skill. So theoretically a veteran player would be able to start a new alt and skip straight to their favourite zone instead of slogging through low level areas.

The storyline would be divided into Frontiers, each one a campaign against a different enemy. Players completing quests in a frontier would contribute to the war effort, Isle of Quel'danis style. Each frontier would be split into several chapters that would unlocked through player contribution meaning the world would be constantly changing and evolving (though instanced versions of previous chapters would be available as well.). Instead of one big resource consuming revamp *cough*CATA*cough* each patch would choose 1 or 2 frontiers to update, creating a stream of content so that each new lore event is reflected in the game world within a couple of months. The possibilities here are endless. Chapter 1 of a frontier could revolve around defending the land around a major city, and the chapter's end could result in that city being destroyed. Next chapter would involve guerilla warfare in the burnt out streets, ending in the dragon/demonlord/whatever being destroyed. Chapter 3 would involve the founding of a new settlement., and dealing with the power vacuum left in the conflict's wake. New players coming into the game after 10 years would simply see the old city as an ashen ruin, a player created legend.
    That actually sounds like an extremely awesome game. It would be (in my opinion) even more awesome if the events reacted to player contributions using different outcomes -- for example, if they were able to defeat the major boss soon enough, the entire city is not destroyed. If the players fail to defeat soon enough, then it will lay in complete ruins, etc.

Deleted
    My example was just one course of events that would be possible, and it would be really awesome to have the players be able to affect the world in such drastic, varied ways. It does cause problems with establishing a canon for that universe though, as different servers would eventually have drastically different storylines. Potentially that could be worked into the story though (alternate universes.) or if Elder Scroll's Online's single server idea works out, we get one big server with a consistent storyline.

My head is amazing sometimes. I just came up with a pretty awesome idea for a PS3/Xbox game.
    I haven't thought of a title, but it has a single/mutli-player campaign that can go up to 4 players, and it has multi-player team death match and stuff like that. The story is that you(which ever character you choose to start with) all of the sudden discover that you have powers, and the government is putting armed forces to stop you from getting out of control. You learn more about the governments plans, what they knew about you, and what new enemies await. The characters consist of 4 powers, Fire, Ice, Telekinetic, and a plague power.

Fire: Male, dark-red color, 3 talent trees, one that is melee based, one that is range based, and another that is a balance between those two. Uses fire and heat to wreck havoc on enemies.

Ice: Female, light blue color, 3 talent trees (all range based), one for long distance combat, one for getting up close and dodging enemies, and one for survival. Uses ice and the cold to freeze enemies in place or to kill them instantly.

Telekinetic: Female, light purple glowing color, 3 talent trees (all range based), one that can heal allies, one for crowd control, and one for major destruction. Uses telekinetic abilities to heal teammates, stop enemies, and to kill those enemies.

Plague: Male, greenish black color, 3 talent trees, one that is melee based, one that is the minion based one, and one is for range attacks. Uses plague like abilities to kill enemies, and can actually summon strange beasts and swarms to kill enemies.

The multi-player uses those 4 classes for CTF, team death match 4v4 or 8v8, and etc you might find in a multi-player game. DLC's would bring in new maps, new customization, and maybe some more classes to play in story or multi-player. This is probably my greatest idea so far for a video game.

EDIT:
    I realized that after writing this, this idea is like a Borderlands 2 mixed with Far Cry 3 and Infamous game. But it still sounds awesome.
    Last edited by Lilmanboy; 2013-05-15 at 10:16 PM.