Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you see any other incoming changes on the PTR in the next week or so?

I doubt that 4.1 will be out this incoming tuesday and we've already seen them up sanctuary by 35%, do you think there's more changes in store for us? I'm praying that disc priests will get a tiny little buff to compensate for the shield duration nerf, something along the lines of a prayer of healing buff. It would be awesome to see them nerf grace a bit but make it so that prayer of healing applies the grace buff!

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Prayer of Healing is the absolute last spell that needs buffed. It already accounts for a massive portion of Priest healing for both specs.

I'd love to see them slightly raise the single target heals and/or stuff like Binding Heal. Probably by something like 10%.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Honestly, Prayer of Healing is the absolute last spell that needs buffed. It already accounts for a massive portion of Priest healing for both specs.

I'd love to see them slightly raise the single target heals and/or stuff like Binding Heal. Probably by something like 10%.

I never find myself using binding heal on any fight but Chimaeron so can't say I agree with that and it also would probably be a little too much of a buff for pvp content

Deleted
    DA shields are being extended as far as I know, I suppose that could be considered the balance to PW:S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    I never find myself using binding heal on any fight but Chimaeron so can't say I agree with that and it also would probably be a little too much of a buff for pvp content
    Yeah, that's my point - that there are a lot of underused Priest spells.

A lot of Priests have like 4-5 spells account for 85% of their healing and then have like 2 casts of Binding Heal, and stuff like that. I'd love to see some love for some of the underused and under-appreciated spells, even if it resulted in small nerfs to the popular spells. The buff to Sanctuary is pretty cool.

And I know nothing about PvP, so yeah - that's just my wishlist for PvE. I have no idea how buffs could affect PvP, so I won't comment.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-04-01 at 12:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    Why not? BH is awesome - it has the efficiency of Heal when both targets need healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca
    The buff to Sanctuary is a great step in the right direction.
    No it's not. It's a step in the wrong direction, on a spec that's already balanced on a knife's edge.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

One thing I noticed on the PTR earlier is that Mind Sear now damages your target, as well everything around it.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    No it's not. It's a step in the wrong direction, on a spec that's already balanced on a knife's edge.
    Holy has been in a good place for awhile now, the sanctuary buff wasn't as necessary as fixing disc :\ wooohoo holy fire atonement....

prolly one more build. my money is on april 12th.

Add penance to Strength of Soul?

15+ Year Old Account
    I changed my wording anticipating a response like that, but I don't really care about the "future impact" of balancing changes to a large degree. By that I mean the whole metagaming mentality of "if you buff X, you'll have to nerf Y". I leave that up to Blizzard to do what they want with.

It's a nice change in that Sanctuary used to be really lackluster, and now it is pretty cool. What the future holds is out of our control anyway, no point in worrying about what-ifs.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's a nice change in that Sanctuary used to be really lackluster, and now it is pretty cool. What the future holds is out of our control anyway, no point in worrying about what-ifs.
    It's a pointless change that still has the majority of terrible priests thinking "I'm better off using a GCD and my mana on prayers anyways" because increasing its output doesn't fix the spell to them wanting Healing Rain.

Increasing its output doesn't fix the spell to those that are already using it for its intended niche, and our problem is its mana cost is a little extreme. Lowering it to the 4-6k mark basically turns it into a Healing Rain substitute where it's still cast on cooldown. Dropping it to 7-7.5k, however, still keeps it nice and firm where it is, but would be a significant quality-of-life change for us.

I don't know why you don't use binding heal. I find myself using it often. If I'm damaged, and the target I'm healing is damaged.... I use it, which happens quite often. It is very efficient if both targets are hit with the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    I don't know why you don't use binding heal. I find myself using it often. If I'm damaged, and the target I'm healing is damaged.... I use it, which happens quite often. It is very efficient if both targets are hit with the whole thing.
    Not as efficient as hitting your entire group with Prayer.

Not as efficient as hitting your entire group with Prayer.
    I was just saying that people should be using binding heal more than 3-4 times a fight. Prayer isn't efficient if only you and your target need healing, and that is where Binding Heal fits in.

I was just saying that people should be using binding heal more than 3-4 times a fight.
    Not as random as you think it is. When you're not 3/7 healing content, most of the time you're healing yourself, at least 4/5 of your party can take advantage of a Prayer.

That's why most people don't use Binding Heal more than 3-4 times a fight; not because Binding Heal is bad, but because damage patterns make Prayer better.

Can you clarify what 3/7 healing means? And yes, I see your point. I just find myself using it more than three times a fight, I think that was a slight exaggeration.

I was just saying that people should be using binding heal more than 3-4 times a fight. Prayer isn't efficient if only you and your target need healing, and that is where Binding Heal fits in.
    The chances of me and 1 single other target being the only ones needing a top off in the content that i'm currently raiding are slim so therefore, it's much more efficient to use prayer of healing instead of BH. An example would be my guild's first kill on heroic magmaw last night, a huge amount of raid healing going on. Chimaeron during slime if me and another person in the group that i'm responsible of healing gets hit, Nefarian when i'm healing the Onyxia tank during crackle and umm.. that's about it. I don't stand in fire and the amount of individual damage going out is low compared to the amount of big aoe damage

Deleted
    Binding Heal is something I use quite often too depending on fight. When I need to heal myself up and my target + 5 other people I usually go by Binding Heal followed by PoH rather than hard casting PoH. ( If we're in different groups that is ). Currently the Holy Word: Sanctuary buff is actually needed due to it's low usage and that we rather cast PoH - HPM wise. But since Sanctuary will provide quite the HPS with the buff I believe, it will be actually useful to pop down. Remember that priest only shines on heavy AoE damage fight and Sanctuary rarely find it's use in the Normal Content.

But I guess it's a so so ability.