Poll: pick what you think matters more

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what do you think matters more in a cake?

plz use the poll, unless you have a specific percentage
    the reason for this poll is not what your thinking, it will take too long to explain but there is this "genius" out there that thinks "all that matters in a cake is what it looks like, taste is irrelevant" <exact quote
    Last edited by hayharut; 2011-04-01 at 01:51 AM.
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

The cake is a lie, why would anything matter in what isn't there? o.O I guess the only thing what matters is that it isn't a lie.

P.s. Poll isn't up, yet.

Seeing is at the time i wrote this, there was no poll, im just gonna say that the most important feature is that it is not a lie. Cakes that are a lie dont taste very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by god of lock and pala View Post
    well usually ppl below 16 is retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariyami View Post
    Are you retarded or something? The dailies doesnt take more than 20 minutes to do...

Taste, and only taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    You gotta use fresh stuff, and the best flour you can get your grubby little hands on. The frosting can be store bought, that really doesn't matter. But you gotta use fresh stuff for the cake.

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 12:53 AM ----------

I don't care if it looks like a dog turd, if it taste good, it's pretty solid.

Deleted
    In Germany we have a saying "Das Auge isst mit" which means that looks are part of what makes things delicious. Obviously taste is still the deciding factor but looks do matter.

Texture. (damn character limit)
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    In Germany we have a saying "Das Auge isst mit" which means that looks are part of what makes things delicious. Obviously taste is still the deciding factor but looks do matter.
    Yeah, I took taste a bit far to the extreme in what i said. I'm not gonna eat something that looks like dog shit. I will give a horrible looking cake a bite.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you go to some party or fancy gathering, you always notice that the cake is decorated. I think it's just something that goes with the food. Undecorated cake can still be delicious, but a good amount of people would be like "Meh." and pass on it.

For me the most important thing will be texture. If something looks or feels like goo in the mouth, I don't like it.

what about the frosting? that's the best part, I could eat only that with not caring what it looks like or what the rest of the cake tastes like
    Lilian Voss Fanclub!

i love a good chocolate cake with frosting inside in little lines, it adds moisture to it and makes me want moar. nothing sucks more than a dry cake.

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing that matters is the taste!!

Cake is just structural support for frosting.

Deleted
    Taste! I'd eat any cake that tastes like heaven, but looks like shit.

cake that looks awful but tastes great is better than a cake that looks great but tastes awful
    and of course cheesecake is better than all other cake

Depends on the occasion, in all honesty. If you're making a chocolate cake for a few friends when you're going to have a movie night, who cares how it looks? But if you're making a huge piece for a wedding, part of the idea is the decoration.

if looks are everything then why bother? u can just take a cardboard box and put frosting on it and decorate it, saves u alot of time and it will look great!!

i wuld say it is 80% taste 20% look if it is just fir "normal" purpose and 60% taste 40% look when it is for a "bigger" thing.
    (Sorry about my bad Gramma hope you all can read it)

Could look like a piece of crap for all I care as long as it's a god damn good cake