Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    April fools jokes done by blizzard in the past have been funny, and obviously fake.

This would neither be funny, nor is it obviously a fake.
    It would be sooo funny. Anyone with a sense of humor would laugh at the QQ.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

They also don't usually post things that the community has been clamoring for FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THEIR EXISTENCE (heirlooms that is). The fact that they weren't actually bound to your account but just your server made a lot of people mad. They said that they were going to try to fix it.

Deleted
    If this is their april fools joke, there will be rage.. oh so much rage..

Pity it's obviously not an April Fools joke since it was announced (and datamined) before April Fools, plus Blizzard tend to do 'big' things for April Fools if you take a look at their previous stuff.
    For the Horde!

just go to bed and wake up in the morning to something wonderful that a ton of folks who are looking for it chose to talk shit about.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyLegionnaire View Post
    It seems quite sudden that Blizzard would put this in the PTR Notes. It's something that they've had technical problems with for years, yet suddenly they get it right? Sounds fishy to me.

Eh post your opinion, if this does indeed work on the PTR, I'm an idiot.
    Ummm, by what do you mean? This isn't cross-server BoA mailing. This is cross-account SAME SERVER mailing (for those with more than 1 WoW account on their Battle.net account).

The technical issue with mailing cross-server still exists, big time.

So, to extrapilate on someone else's example earlier:

New system:
    You can mail BoAs from Account A to Account B, that both sending and receiving toons reside on Server X, within Battle.net Account Y.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2011-04-01 at 05:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously though how are people still not getting this is not Cross server.......... Am I missing the "You are now able to send Bind on Account items to eligible recipients across servers" section of

"Many "Account Bound" heirlooms are now labeled as "Battle.net Account Bound", meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.
    Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.
    Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent.
    "

I keep looking but am not seeing it there.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to see why people are confused. I was confused.. am confused.. about this change.

It would be awesome and well overdue to be able to send BoAs to toons on different servers and different factions. They are called Bind to ACCOUNT, not Bind to Faction and Server. The name should reflect the functionality, but it does not. "Battle.net Account Bound" sounds even moreso like it should allow cross-server trades.

So this change lets you send items to toons on the same server on the same b.net account but on different stub accounts?
    WTF, who has multiple accounts like that?
    Last edited by Valore; 2011-04-01 at 06:04 AM.
    Valore - 85 Paladin - Bonechewer
    Spirik - 85 Shaman - Bonechewer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valore View Post
    It's easy to see why people are confused. I was confused.. am confused.. about this change.

It would be awesome and well overdue to be able to send BoAs to toons on different servers and different factions. They are called Bind to ACCOUNT, not Bind to Faction and Server. The name should reflect the functionality, but it does not. "Battle.net Account Bound" sounds even moreso like it should allow cross-server trades.

So this change lets you send items to toons on the same server on the same b.net account but on different stub accounts?
    WTF, who has multiple accounts like that?
    They are bound to account, they are bound to any character, on the account, on either faction, yes, you do have to transfer it, however it's account wide, they are not bound to faction and server, or else you wouldn't be able to move them around. Bind to Battle.net is just bind to account but in a larger scope, rather than a child account, it's a parent account.

Plenty of people have multiple accounts like that. I have 4? WoW accounts? Plenty of people have several other WoW accounts too.

Why? Well, first and foremost, PvP servers used to be 1 faction only. For most of us that sucked, and we had a few extra bucks to burn so we would have a second account to have characters on both factions.

Then you have RaF accounts,, which now would be the main reason, plenty of people do it, it's quick ways to get many characters, and a nice reward or two.

Then you have people with 01239812397123871239871293871293 characters and are at cap.

It's really not that confusing, the announcement for sending BoA (now Bind on Battle.net) items across servers will explicitly say that, it will be a clear, and fairly big announcement too. This is not misleading if you have any sort of reading comprehension.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Unfortunately i don't see this being cross server even if it is real. here's hoping. For the pepole with multiple accounts i used to but could never multitask enough to make it worth it.

Blizzard's April Fools jokes are always obvious. Plus, that would be a very stupid April Fools joke, as it would only cause anger and no one would think it's at all funny.