wanna do arenas, where to start

Hey, this is Faelha from wildhammer EU server.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aelha/advanced

i would like to gear up for arenas. what should i do?

i'm a blacksmith, is it good to craft starting pvp gear or just farm honor gear?
    where can i get honor points faster?
    there is no weapon with honor points, i have foe reaper weapon from deadmines hc. how can i upgrade that weapon?

i recently bought chest plate with honor points.

thanks for answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Androner View Post
    i'm a blacksmith, is it good to craft starting pvp gear or just farm honor gear?
    Both are good ways to start, craft gear if you have the mats, then run battlegrounds.

can i get honor points faster?
    Basically running battlegrounds until your fingers bleed, with the occasional Tol Barad battle that gives a lot of honor (for wins).

there is no weapon with honor points, i have foe reaper weapon from deadmines hc. how can i upgrade that weapon?
    Well...if you do win 5 arena games/week for the conquest cap, then you want to save up 3 weeks of conquest to get a 2h weapon, if you are fury...6 weeks for two weapons...but trust me, the weapon is totally worth it. Otherwise, honor goes into every other piece, until you get the weapons you will use, then start upgrading from bloodthirsty -> vicious.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

reply above is totally correct, try to get 5 wins in 2s each week and get your conquest cap and purchase weapons first, then use BG honor for your bloodthirsty 2set bonus, +400 resil and just BG/TB from there on

thanks

is Alterac Valley good for honor gain?

i would just qeue for random to get the bonus honor or do the call to arms BG on the weekends if i were you

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    queue randoms and hope you win. do the ocasional TB and dont forget the weekly win Tb quest

Honestly best honor gains will be from just doing the random BG, or the Call to Arms BG of the week. AV is pretty good honor per win, but to be honest it's a crap BG now and will get very boring very fast if you try to farm only it. Just keep queuing random, and queueing for TB whenever it's up. Depending on your faction/server you may have trouble ever getting in, but at least do one a week while you have the Victory in Tol Barad quest. That quest + a win is a fairly quick several hundred honor. Also, may sound silly, but try to do Wintergrasp once a week for the weekly quests.

i can help you with this, first comes first, if you have a PVE guild "raiding etc" DO NOT BUY THE T1 weapon "tier 1 weapon" from arena Because you can have access to "PVE Weapons" so if your in "pve guild as dps " u focus on Getting blues from bg "dont get the craft gear" there is no point since patch will come and honor will be easy 2 grind and a + play 5 games a week to get point's tier 1 doesnt req and gear ofc "arena rating and such" so if your in "PVE GUILD" you just focus on SET dont get the weapon cuz u can get pve weapon BUT if you are only "AS PVP" and u dont PVE u need 2 get the weapon first > then go for set "as the weapon is ur only epic cuz ur focusing on that" the other = full set blue from honor, no point of getting NOW CRAFTED PVP SET because you "only need 5 wins in 2s /3s or 5s to get the point cap"

"u dont pve u go Weapon > then set" just copy paste any "who's higher rating people from site "as r1 warrior and such his talent and whatsoever" will make it easier for you later 2 know why he did pick this instead of the "thingy ur picking
    "you do pve" then u go for Set > pve weapon and do the same "copy who's ranked 1 as warrior" gems etc ! good luck in arena

and if u dont know the sites and such this will help "arenajunkies.com" see who's r1 and copy paste

I'm assuming you know how to play as a warrior so I'll avoid that stuff (I'm not even good at warior anyways)

Your gear is pretty decent, it's sure as hell better than greens. If you have the mats or lots of extra cash lying around I would get the crafted pieces. It's a pretty decent 1200-1400 resil boost. I would do arena's for the points, as was stated above, for three weeks. Trust me, although you'll be shit geared you can just lose enough so your matchmaking rating is low enough to make you fight people in greens. The PvP epic weapon will make a HUGE difference in dps.

I would focus on getting your four-set first. Avoid getting haste pieces as its trash. Get 5% hit rating as your first priority stat, I don't think you need expertise or a lot of it at least. I think crit and mastery are what you are aiming for. Gem pure strength and I think get the run speed on boots enchant. I don't know if the PvP 4 piece set stacks with weapon chains (it reduces disarm time). If it doesn't stack then don't get a weapon chain on your weapon and get something like avalanche on it(landslide if you can afford it).

As for the grind, sadly you will have to sit hours on end farming BG's hoping you win. I suggest going to TB when you're on attack as it will give you quite a bit of honor. At least 1.5x the honor you get from one BG, with less of the frustration. In 4.1 honor is doubled so if you're still grinding out the pieces till then you'll be done in no time. In my opinion I would go for 4 piece set > trinkets if yours are bad > offset pieces. Of course your weapon and your thrown don't fall into that category since you will be using your conquest points for them.

I hope my long and boring post helps. As long as you get geared and have a buddy to do it with, it's not so bad. Have fun in arenas

i can farm mats and craft gear but that will take time.
    that time can be used in battlegrounds i think.
    i'm in pve guild. if only i can get my hands on akirus, the worm breaker. i'll be fine weapon-wise i think.
    but i really like arena weapon. cool and better for pvp.

Start with both trinkets, they make the most difference in damage and resil. Since you're a human, go for both victory on-use and proc ones. Then move forward for 4-set bonus. Keep your epic legs. From that point on, farm gear that increases your resilience and crit the most.

You should reach somewhere around 2,8k resil easily with your PvE legs and belt and weapon still on. Can get up to 2,2k easily with that.

Weapon damage range means surprisingly little now in arenas, so prioritize other resilience gear over it. Also I'd recommend going for tailoring for that extra 1k ap Proc. It's got really high uptime, and essentially is comparable damage upgrade to f.ex. T1 weapon range to T2.

Try to stack up as much AP procs as possible, those provide ridiculous amount of burst and makes games much easier. Outside that, resil>everything.

Crafted pvp gear helps while you grind out the honor from bgs for blue set.

Also to above poster, you should get 2 pieces of the blue set first imo. Hands+shoulders is cheapeast, having 2 peices = 400 resi bonus. Esp since the Op got decent pve trinkets.

This is all assuming you're learning to play and that you're trying to get better.

Step 1: (if you have gold) Buy crafted PvP pieces
    Step 2: Honor grind to replace PvE pieces
    Step 3: 5 wins of Arena, save your points to buy Vicious Weapon. Should take 3 weeks unless you break 1600 rating.
    - The reason for this is because there is no Honor equivalent weapon. Even if you raid, you want the resilience from the weapon.
    Step 4: Get like minded friends or guildmates to do arenas with every week so you can practice as much as possible. You don't have to find the perfect team since you're just practicing but playing a popular(viable) comp makes things a bit easier. Either way, practice practice practice.

Gear is important for success in PvP but, as always, skill>gear. At this point, even people stuck in the 1300s are in full vicious gear, so you have no choice but to outplay them.

edit: Also, take a look at the "cookie cutter," pvp spec. You can probably find one at arenajunkies.com, Warrior Forums.
    Last edited by Wrey; 2011-04-01 at 04:00 PM.

thanks

is Alterac Valley good for honor gain?
    Very good.. IF you win.

get as much resil from gear as you can, then grind bgs. honor will be easy to get soon. it's the conquest pts you have to worry about.

wait till 4.1 they are doubling honor gains