Deleted

Friend has Display Problem. Can't Play WoW.

He has played WoW before on the same computer, but he formatted his Hard Drive due to viruses and can't play anymore because he keeps getting the error:

Quote Originally Posted by World of Warcraft
    Unable to find a suitable Display Device. Exiting Program
    Here's his system specs:

Try updating the video card drivers first, I had the same thing back in the day.

Thats probably due to not having the proper drivers.

The screenshots suggest he has an on-board integrated graphics card. However, it is possible he has a dedicated card and since the system doesnt have the drivers, it doesnt recognize the card, and hence is using on-board.

So first question, does he have a dedicated video card or only integrated?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiurys View Post
    Thats probably due to not having the proper drivers.

The screenshots suggest he has an on-board integrated graphics card. However, it is possible he has a dedicated card and since the system doesnt have the drivers, it doesnt recognize the card, and hence is using on-board.

So first question, does he have a dedicated video card or only integrated?
    If by integrated you mean built into the computer then yes, Integrated
    Last edited by mmocb2d52b93c1; 2011-04-01 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the date on his drivers are 2005, so, I would suggest updating the drivers. Windows Update should have current working drivers, or the Motherboard maker or direct from Intel.

Deleted
    He has already done it apparently, I told him to do that but same problem

I meant if he has a discrete separate graphics card installed on the PCIe slot on the motherboard, or just using the integrated graphics from the motherboard. Like I said, the "Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family" on the screenshot suggests he has integrated, BUT it could be the case that he does have a dicrete graphics card, but just doesnt have the drivers for the system to recognize it.

In either case, relying on Windows Update for the drivers is not good. I would find out exactly what graphics he has, and go to the manufacturer website and download the latest drivers. This should in either case, solve his problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiurys View Post
    I meant if he has a discrete separate graphics card installed on the PCIe slot on the motherboard, or just using the integrated graphics from the motherboard. Like I said, the "Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family" on the screenshot suggests he has integrated, BUT it could be the case that he does have a dicrete graphics card, but just doesnt have the drivers for the system to recognize it.

In either case, relying on Windows Update for the drivers is not good. I would find out exactly what graphics he has, and go to the manufacturer website and download the latest drivers. This should in either case, solve his problem.
    So how do i fiind out exactly?

You could start by giving us the exact model number of the laptop. It should be very simple to track down the proper drivers once that is known.