15+ Year Old Account

Take a look back

When was the last time each class (any spec) was considered to be (one of the) best? PvE only.

DK: 4.0 Unholy
    Druid: Now Moonkin (borderline, if not then Cat/Resto in 3.1)
    Mage: Now Fire
    Warlock: Now Destro
    Priest: Now Shadow
    Paladin: 4.0 Holy,
    Hunter: 4.0 Surv
    Warrior: 3.3 Fury
    Rogue: 3.2 Combat

Now Shaman? 2.4! THREE YEARS AGO!

Deleted
    Shamans were pretty good at some point in wotlk.. Maybe not one of the best, but atleast dps-wise, they were fine.

Is there a point to this?

I'm sure everyone has had a time in the sun. It happens. Someone always has to be on top and someone has to be on bottom. Elemental and Enhancement are neither on top nor bottom. So please clarify what the point here may be?

Enhancement Shamans are awesome for DPS now... and Restoration kicks a lot of butt, too.

So... not sure what else to reply with since this seems to be a, "Everyone's been awesome except Shaman" thread in a thinly veiled disguise...?
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Deleted
    It's better to be forever the second than first for a month. Throughout WotLK Resto shammies were constanly good. Not great, not terrible, only good.

Which to me is a lot better than juggling constant buffs and nerfs.

Shaman can use some revamping and Blizz is working on it... Why not "take a look forward" rather than living in the past? Also it is really easy to reroll these days if you do not like the main class that you currently play.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your argument is going to be "we've never been overpowered", then I'm not sure that's really a mark against us.

I think your post neglects to mention that we kicked ass in Wrath.

Edit: well, resto did anyway.

hmm....i do recal for many guilds bringing a resto/ele shaman was a must in WotLK, since they had the only source of Bloodlust at the time and fit the perfect role of being ranged dps and another healer for heal intensive fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodlust wasn't all we were good for. Shamans have always been in a good state, just never overpowered.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Agree with above. An enhancement shammie that knows what they are doing can be very competitive in dps, and resto shammies (assuming they know how to handle their mana pool) are probably the most adaptive healing class in 4.06. IMO hybrids should never be the top DPS classes, but that doesn't mean they can't be competitive.

At the moment I think Resto is in a good position atm, and the dps on an enhance shammy is very competitive in my experience.

I'm glad we haven't been overpowered, sure it's fun at the time but the repercussions are always terrible (frost mages are excluded ofc )

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If your argument is going to be "we've never been overpowered", then I'm not sure that's really a mark against us.
    haha I just noticed your display pic, please tell me you done that for lol's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    haha I just noticed your display pic, please tell me you done that for lol's.
    I have no idea what you're talking about nor what day it is. Nope. Not at all.