Thread: Inner Focus Use

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Inner Focus Use

How do yall use it? Do you click inner focus, key bind it, or build it into a macro? I've tried all three. Clicking it seems to work pretty well, but if I need to turn and move it's a bit clunky. Key binding it works well too, but I seem to lose about half a second if I'm trying to spam greater heal. A Macro works the best when I'm not chaining greater heals back-to-back, but doesn't work at all when I am because of the way the spell queuing system works (it won't queue up inner focus).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally enjoy it as a key bind so I can use it and then chose the heal I want. I'm just to lazy to go through and macro it to GH, FH, BH, and PoH though. Either works well for me but I don't like clicking.
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

Macroed, for me. If I didn't, I'd never remember to use it. x__x

Deleted
    Yep, Macro'd for me too.

I use ones on the lines of this, which stops the constant "Can't cast that yet" error sounds.

#showtooltip Greater Heal
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast inner focus
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast [target=hbtarget] Greater Heal
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

EDIT:
    As for problems getting Inner Fire to go off when chain casting, I've found that with SoS I'm never lacking the option of putting a new shield on the tank and that instant cast spell is enough to get IF to activate next time.
    Last edited by mmoc70d68c0c19; 2011-04-07 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruen View Post
    Yep, Macro'd for me too.

I use ones on the lines of this, which stops the constant "Can't cast that yet" error sounds.

#showtooltip Greater Heal
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast inner focus
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast [target=hbtarget] Greater Heal
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

EDIT:
    As for problems getting Inner Fire to go off when chain casting, I've found that with SoS I'm never lacking the option of putting a new shield on the tank and that instant cast spell is enough to get IF to activate next time.
    I used that for awhile, and it probably works the best of the options; however, it seems to bug out the cooldown of inner focus, making it so I can tell how long it has left on cooldown.

Macro'd to GH and PoH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I macro'd it to Gheal and PoH (and I should put it on Bheal and Fheal too). Since it'll always be used when it's off CD, I won't have to keep it on my actionbars.
    But I do have a 2nd PoH without Inner Focus on my actionbar (hotkey: shift+[ ) to preshield before combat.

Keybinded it to F
    if im playing holy F is my chakra keybind

Deleted
    Macro bound to FH/GH/BH/PoH, the point is to get it on cd in pve to converse mana. However in pvp it has difference uses and I manually use it to get silence immunity with SoS.

I have it macro'd to all the expensive heals that trigger it. Most notably, Fheal and PoH. (I don't gheal that much as disc but I suppose I could macro it there as well)

I don't see any better way to do it tbh. It doesn't trigger the gcd, so there is not disadvantage from macro'ing it in. Clicking it manually or something similar will just ensure you either will forget it sometimes and therefore not use it as much as you could/should, -OR- you waste precious time tracking it's cd, activating it every time, and that's focus/energy/attention you could have been spending on other things.

I'm holy main spec and disci pvp offspec so I bind inner focus on button with chakra and it works great for me
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have it macroed to flash heal and poh. Should probably have it on GH too.

I have NO problem at all casting inner focus AND gheal or flash heal or prayer of healing at the same time using keybinds

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    for PVE: should be bound to flash heal, not other heals as flash heal is very expensive.
    for PVP: should be used offensively to prevent dispells. Can bind into a fear ward macro. Can use just before a key heal to save a life without silence or interrupt.

It's hot-keyed to my mouse. I try to use it on every CD if the raid damage or my mana require it; typically with GHeal or PoH. I don't rely on FHeal much in raids, but I do in 5 mans when I'm lazy.

I utilize it as a modifier on the FH & PoH something like:

Code:
    #Showtooltip Flash Heal
    /cast [mod:alt] Inner Focus
    cast [mod:alt,target=mouseover] Flash Heal; [nomodifer,target=mouseover]Flash Heal
    target= can be abbreivated to at_symbol however the forum won't let me post it because it thinks it's a link

Macro by itself doesn't use IF, but if I press alt and the keybind it does. Change alt to your modifier of choice.

~Kara
    "Intelligence in chains loses in lucidity, what it gains in intensity." Albert Camus

10+ Year Old Account
    I have it bound to a mouse button but I think I'm going to macro it to my PoH mouseover button tonight.

I am currently using the G110 and have it keybound to one of the extra Gkeys. However I would never bind it to flash heal as stated above. When tank healing i use it with greater heal and when raid healing i use it with POH.
    I am not bipolar. I am bi-winning. I win here, I win there. I am always winning. Duh

10+ Year Old Account
    I have them bound to my razer naga, 11 is inner focus and 12 is inner will. I don't often switch during fights cause I don't have mana problems, though on atramedes I will switch to inner will for the movement increase

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15