Thread: Holy Trinkets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tear of Blood
    Blood if Isiset

Until you can purchase Core of Ripeness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So in your opinion, giving up regen and output for nothing but regen?

Then why do you not gem Spirit as a stat priority? It's either better, or it's not. The only place to increase your Intellect is gemming, period.
    The regen from int is much lower than spi as a holy priest. As disc I would fully agree that spirit should be ignored generally. I even agree that int > spi, but my point is that int is only so much better than spirit and that giving up socket bonus of say +10int (which is the general socket bonus) and +10spirit is giving up to much in the return for pure int.

Except 10 Intellect is really 11 Intellect (Cloth Specialization, Kings). And it is worth 20 Spirit, that's why we're using Power Torrent when we can (when Crystals come our way, some of us that's a little slower than others). That's why Lightweave passes Darkglow. That's why Jar is such a shitty trinket.

Yes, Spirit gives you more regen than Intellect, I'm not denying that fact. Spirit does not give you output though. Make the difference in regen up on your gear choices. You shouldn't be giving up Intellect for anything.

I know a lot of people have OCD and have to match colors to everything. But you're really hurting yourself for this.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'm using Darkglow embroidery because I figured it was better. Does the output from lightweave really outweigh the regen from dark?

Thanks to all that responded by the way. I'm currently farming for blood of isiset and saving gold for tsunami to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariahna View Post
    Not for a holy priest. The reason for that is we already have 80% in combat regen. This has a very low proc rate and an additional 20% in combat regen for 15 seconds at unreliable times would probably work out to probably less than 500 mp5 over the course of the night and there are simply better trinkets out there. Now a resto shaman using this and timing their MTT and CoR use with it might be another story.
    MTT doesn't work with 'on use spirit effects' But it does work for DMC:BD

7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menderr View Post
    I'm using Darkglow embroidery because I figured it was better. Does the output from lightweave really outweigh the regen from dark?

Thanks to all that responded by the way. I'm currently farming for blood of isiset and saving gold for tsunami to replace it.
    It does not give you more regen. It gives you more output. Once you hit a certain point in gear it becomes about balancing your gear so that you can have the most output without going OOM. For most Priests that should be around i360.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Except 10 Intellect is really 11 Intellect (Cloth Specialization, Kings). And it is worth 20 Spirit, that's why we're using Power Torrent when we can (when Crystals come our way, some of us that's a little slower than others). That's why Lightweave passes Darkglow. That's why Jar is such a shitty trinket.

Yes, Spirit gives you more regen than Intellect, I'm not denying that fact. Spirit does not give you output though. Make the difference in regen up on your gear choices. You shouldn't be giving up Intellect for anything.

I know a lot of people have OCD and have to match colors to everything. But you're really hurting yourself for this.
    Cloth specialization? Wut?

Sorry, but why would you use power torrent and lightweave as a holy priest? The procs are random meaning output is gonna be random, the regen is worse than the heartsong/darkglow by a mile and even if you get lucky where both proc at the same time and you have time to shadowfiend/hoh it's only gonna be as good as the others in terms of regen, that just leaves you with some random proc output.

How does spirit not increase your output btw? There's no fights where you can go all out and still have mana left from what I can tell? Spirit may not increase your output as much as int thats true. But I refuse to believe that 1,1 int is better than 2 spirit.

I think you are grossly undervalueing regen because you have a certain healing style in your guild that allows you to play in a unique way. I think you have to realize that people are not raiding in your guild and healing for them will be a different experince.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-04-05 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She meant Mysticism which is effectively the same thing. The procs are random yes but as I said earlier being the best healer you can be is tailoring your gear to fit your mana pool perfectly. If you have mana at the end of a fight it's wasted mana. If a certain fight requires a bit more mana than usual then you have items like the Jar and backup items to instantly swap to. I have a ton of life on me at all times for Alchemy and swapping between the weaves as needed. The biggest issue healers are having right now is assuming one size fits all. That is not the case, never was and never will be (hopefully). Adapt to your raid composition and your mana pool as needed. For some of us that means running as much +int as possible and dropping spirit where logical. For others it may be the complete opposite. It really just depends on your ability to understand the class you are playing in terms of how it relates to your playstyle and raid. If you can't figure that out you are already on the wrong foot, advice aside.
    Last edited by Hybred; 2011-04-05 at 11:27 PM.

So I almost have enough gold saved up to get the Tsunami card. I'm leaning towards getting the vp trinket Core of Ripeness to go with it once I get enough points tomorrow. Unless anyone has any "DON'T GET DOUBLE INT TRINKETS" thoughts then I appreciate everyone's opinions on the topic and I'll go try and get some more bosses down

Quote Originally Posted by Menderr View Post
    So I almost have enough gold saved up to get the Tsunami card. I'm leaning towards getting the vp trinket Core of Ripeness to go with it once I get enough points tomorrow. Unless anyone has any "DON'T GET DOUBLE INT TRINKETS" thoughts then I appreciate everyone's opinions on the topic and I'll go try and get some more bosses down
    Nope, those two are very good trinkets. Passive INT is great for throughput and extending your initial mana pool, and both have great secondary effects that are very good in terms of regen.