10+ Year Old Account

Little rant off about my life

Dear mmo,

I want to first and foremost just say that even though its april first, This is no prank nor am I trolling.
    I just wanted to say some things. Quite frankly I dont know why

1) Im just a teenager, but my views of life are kind of weird. I talk to my real life friends and some of them have been kicked out of there houses and i really feel bad for them and i emotionally degrade myself and like ask myself why does this happen. I dont know why I just sadden myself at someone else's misfortune.

2) I constantly am thinking about the future and how everything is either gonna go well or whats going to happen. Quite frankly im scared for my life after what happens in real world. I want to go to college but then I ask myself am I going to be good at what I do? I want to pursue a computer programmer and then go for a BA. Right now its not going so well. I dropped 15% in a math class and now im really suffering. I told my raid leader that I am only gonna show for raid days and to recruit someone else just incase of anything

I just dont know why i'm like this. I think im pretty smart just not at some things.
    I was thinking about seeing a therapist, I dont know what they'd suggest or tell me what to do. tbh
    Originally Posted by rëtribution
    hey, look at me. I'm needlessly escalatory and waving my newfound retribution paladin prowess around at people as if it means anything. Pay attention to me, i got achievements on the tail end of an expansion, clearly i'm better than you.

1) People get kicked out of their houses usually because they're being little pricks. There are sometimes rare cases where the parents really are just plain terrible, but it's usually an emotionally-charged teenager trying to stick it to mom and pop.

2) Lots of work. You don't look at the future 10 years from now, you look down the road a week from now. If you spend too much time dwelling on bullshit that isn't current, you end up failing tests.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    1) People get kicked out of their houses usually because they're being little pricks. There are sometimes rare cases where the parents really are just plain terrible, but it's usually an emotionally-charged teenager trying to stick it to mom and pop.

2) Lots of work. You don't look at the future 10 years from now, you look down the road a week from now. If you spend too much time dwelling on bullshit that isn't current, you end up failing tests.
    This is pretty much spot-on.

Look, I used to be really easily overwhelmed when I was a teenager. Still have bouts of it from time to time. The thing is, you really have to take it one day at a time sometimes. You have to learn that in most cases, sheer and abject panic is usually completely unwarranted.

Have you considered the possibility of having an anxiety problem? That used to be my problem; I used to think of the worst-case scenario for everything and then I'd just completely overwhelm myself. I don't really have a good answer for how to combat this, except for to think of "yeah, it might happen, but how likely is it to actually happen?". Yeah, it's technically possible that a pack of loose Dobermans will come chase me down and eat me...but how likely is it? Is it really worth the energy to worry about?