Thread: That's it

That's it

That's it, I'm quitting this stupid game.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Discipline

Holy
    • Body and Soul is now a Discipline talent.
    • Lightwell has been redesigned, and now follows the Trial of the Champion model.
    • Chakra is being redesigned to have a stance bar with no cooldown. We feel this will help encourage shifting between them and help players interact more with the different states.

Shadow

Glyphs
    • Glyph of Levitate has been replaced by Glyph of Everlasting Flight. Your Levitate spell's duration has been removed, making it a permanent effect. Yet, it is still lost upon taking damage.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Happy april 1st!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleina View Post
    Happy april 1st!
    Bibi didn't put these on the front page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Bibi didn't put these on the front page.
    Kel, those have to be April fools jokes.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're all falling for Kel's joke!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The changes to Lightwell and Chakra would be great, as would Levitate not needing a reagent.

Almost believeable, if not for perma-Shadowfiend.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    [*]Lightwell has been redesigned, and now follows the Trial of the Champion model.
    I think you're gonna have to ban Blizz now, Kel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Without the perma-shadowfiend it was almost believable ^^

So...whos running the april fool's joke here, kelesti, or blizzard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I think you're gonna have to ban Blizz now, Kel.
    I should!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    So...whos running the april fool's joke here, kelesti, or blizzard?
    These, and the Shaman Tank ones were written by yours truly.

I also did a tidbit in the Paladin forums (tiny by comparison) that was requested by Badpaladin, but what to actually write was mine.

Shadowform no longer affects your mount.

i assume this is the cause of the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    i assume this is the cause of the problem?
    If you'd actually bothered following the Priest boards, you'd know the rage would be coming from the Lightwell and Chakra change.

Although turning Shadow into a pet class would probably be the door for a nice chunk of players, too, but my beefs would be Chakra.

10+ Year Old Account
    levitate for life! I'm re rolling in the morning. >_>
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

I was giggling over the paly post, probably the most believable one you did (and it was quite well done, sounded exactly like a blizz post for anyone typically does). This one made me laugh too, just because I can hear my RL (holy/disc priest) yelling really loud about the changes.

Though... on a different note... I'm actually interested in how a perma-shadowfied would work out (besides it being a terrible idea :P)... Would be an interesting set of changes no doubt.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    I was giggling over the paly post, probably the most believable one you did (and it was quite well done, sounded exactly like a blizz post for anyone typically does). This one made me laugh too, just because I can hear my RL (holy/disc priest) yelling really loud about the changes.
    Exactly like a Blizzard post. Admit there's a problem, go in completely the wrong direction from the rest of the community, and say "We feel this will fix it".

Though... on a different note... I'm actually interested in how a perma-shadowfied would work out (besides it being a terrible idea :P)... Would be an interesting set of changes no doubt.
    It'd have to have both its damage nerfed, as well as greatly reducing (even removing?) the mana gain from it. And for what? Some little thing that auto-attacks a boss so you can be balanced around that? It's a horrendous idea.

But I'm glad I brought a smile to a Paladin with that post, and that people generally had a good time with them.

Exactly like a Blizzard post. Admit there's a problem, go in completely the wrong direction from the rest of the community, and say "We feel this will fix it".
    And sometimes, what they do DOES work well and fix the problem entirely and make the community happy (well mostly happy), that just rarely happens. Every class/spec takes a hit like this occasionally, and it is a sad, but unavoidable side effect of WoW getting as big as it has.

LONG STORY TIME: I made a small (and very very bad) RTS freshman year for a project for my prof. Had about 15 friends play it, and it had 6 races (Go big or go home...or go small and make the art look like something a 2 year old couldn't do better than >.>). With 15 people playing, it was really easy to keep the races in a relative balance with the race goals in mind (one was an economics based slow builder, one was a zerg-clone, one consisted of giant beasts that served as buildings and units, one was a run of the mill human army, one was a defensive turret building group, and one was a hero based mercenary group). Every race played like it should, and was relatively evenly matched when played at even skill. So... I let some more people play, had about 30 people playing, it went to hell pretty fast after that. I tried to accommodate everyone's play style with each race... which unbalanced certain races/combos, and made people who DIDN'T like that play style angry. Turned into a mess, and is why I closed the entire project down (nothing to do with the crash and loss of all the files on my computer... I promise <.<)

TL;DR: Blizzard has to do what they see "best", because catering to even a small small percentage of the player base is impossible and would make the game and balance even worse.
    It'd have to have both its damage nerfed, as well as greatly reducing (even removing?) the mana gain from it. And for what? Some little thing that auto-attacks a boss so you can be balanced around that? It's a horrendous idea.
    Plus, WoW doesn't need another pet class. Locks and hunters cover the "Pet is core part of the class" idea, and Frosties cover the "Spec gimmick" idea. Another one goes beyond overkill. Though, you could greatly increase the mana cost for S priest spells, and make the mana return from the shadowfiend a vital part of the spec, might make for an interesting "3rd" resource system (if you count shadow orbs as a resource, I only browse this side of the class tracks to get a basic understanding of what my RL and his other priest buddies are talking about).

But I'm glad I brought a smile to a Paladin with that post, and that people generally had a good time with them.
    As long as we aren't typing angrily at each others opinions, you seem to get along fine with (most) palys (hollow sorrow *cough*). As for people not enjoying the not-a-blizz patch notes: party poopers. If ya can't take a joke like that (after you know its a joke, of course), why even go on the internet on April Fools day :P

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 10:36 PM ----------

Ohh, and as an off-note: I spent about 15 minutes looking for the source for that post in the paly forums, just because I saw it before any of the other ones you did :P
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    And sometimes, what they do DOES work well and fix the problem entirely and make the community happy (well mostly happy), that just rarely happens. Every class/spec takes a hit like this occasionally, and it is a sad, but unavoidable side effect of WoW getting as big as it has.

TL;DR: Blizzard has to do what they see "best", because catering to even a small small percentage of the player base is impossible and would make the game and balance even worse.
    Which is why me (or now Talen, the man's stepped up and deserves a fucking medal) playing Devil's Advocate drew so much hate.
    Plus, WoW doesn't need another pet class. Locks and hunters cover the "Pet is core part of the class" idea, and Frosties cover the "Spec gimmick" idea. Another one goes beyond overkill.
    You forgot Unholy as the other Gimmick class.
    Though, you could greatly increase the mana cost for S priest spells, and make the mana return from the shadowfiend a vital part of the spec, might make for an interesting "3rd" resource system (if you count shadow orbs as a resource, I only browse this side of the class tracks to get a basic understanding of what my RL and his other priest buddies are talking about).
    Shadow spells are already too expensive. Increasing them to balance around a pet you don't get until higher levels, and then again screwing you over if said pet dies, yeah that's just wrong. And Shadow Orbs could be a third resource, if they did something else. I actually want a targettable Vampiric Embrace on a cooldown, a la Word of Glory, where you can blow off Orbs that way but your damage counts as healing on someone else. It would fit the vampiric nature of the Shadow Tree to a tee, and would make Orbs more interesting than just "derp, don't cast mind blast without one"
    As long as we aren't typing angrily at each others opinions, you seem to get along fine with (most) palys (hollow sorrow *cough*).
    Eh, he has his own problems. My big contenders are actually zealous and zcks.
    Ohh, and as an off-note: I spent about 15 minutes looking for the source for that post in the paly forums, just because I saw it before any of the other ones you did :P
    I need to redo my nails, so I can be that person just sitting in a chair, blowing them dry, with the "Yeah, I'm just that good".

Ahhh yah, knew there was another spec that had a pet. Meh, I lol (for now atleast) at UH dks in pvp on my paly (prot pvp ftw). Auto-cast Turn Evil, and watch as I out-heal their damage. Though, to be fair, it does fit the Death Knight lore to have a skeleton/ghoul servant quite well.

As for Talen: He deserves a room full of bloody medals. I am surprised (and impressed) that he has never gone on a rampage and utterly destroyed the forums with his wrath. He also almost never gets called out for his grammar, which gets him an award in my book.

As for S priests: That is quite true, putting a lot of weight on a late-level talent would be a bad idea. Spell costs, I don't know what they are in the first place, it was just a random idea (that actually stems from Talens idea of making mana an actual limiting resource for rets). Though, giving shadow an off-heal (in scary evil cloud of doom form) would be an interesting idea, it would have to be relatively weak on others to avoid the sort of shit storm ret is going through right now (off healing as a dps spec doesn't work if your healing is worth more than your dps :P). Though, by making it scale off damage you DO, it would be, in a way, self regulating. Maybe make you do less damage while you are healing someone else. Or, something that fits shadow (IMO) and the vampire theme, is give S priests their own version of PW:S and a buff the ycan place on a friendly target. When ever the S priest would gain health while AT full health, while his "bubble o' darkness and evilness and stuff" is up, he instead heals his buffed target. Gives it a little "let me be at full before you get some healz" feel, which (once again, IMO) fits the vampire and shadow theme. Plus, it would add a bit more strat. to killing a team with a S. Priest: The priests "evil bubble" is up, pop it before he starts healing his teammate. Still a relativly bad idea, but I'm all for giving every class some kind of interaction such as that, making PvP much more strategy based instead of "LOLOL KILL HEALZ, STEAM ROLL ERRYTHANG ELSE!". Frankly, I want every arena match/RBG at low rankings to be similar to taking on a PvE heroic dungeon boss, and everything at, lets say, 2200+ to feel like a raid boss. And for the haters who are going to say that PvP does take more skill than I put on: I know it does, but a large large number of current players play in the way I described.