Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Random country bashing RAWR!

Where's a link to "Lego Warcraft" because, even though it's April Fools, it would be hilarious.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Where's a link to "Lego Warcraft" because, even though it's April Fools, it would be hilarious.
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/se...ft&stype=f&n=6 here you go its fan made versions tought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I hate to barge in on your little 'look people are just as stupid as Americans' club you got going here but, he jut said one thing..which could of quite possible been a joke, in fact it probably was. it's April 2nd here, has been for a while, doesn't mean I don't know its still April 1st other places.

I don't even live in Europe, and we say the date 2nd of April, like it should be. Not April 2nd. 2/4/11, that is how the date is written, you grow larger as you go across, 2nd day, 4th month 11th year. not 4/2/11, 4th month of the 2nd day...wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/se...ft&stype=f&n=6 here you go its fan made versions tought.
    Rofl...brb buying legos...

It would be better if it were April Fool's there still so people had something to fall back on when asked why they are getting in a fight over how to write down dates.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoc23 View Post
    Yeah, its like earlier when Europeans where making april fools jokes and people in American were bitching about how it was still March 31st where they were
    Oh well, let them be. Think some can't handle it.

Shorthand dates, where the US generally uses MM/DD/YY, which may be "April 2nd 2011". As far as I know, most other countries sort shorthand dates in order of magnitude, as in DD/MM/YY, which would in fact be "2nd of April 2011".

Either is technically correct, but the latter is (I believe) more widely used.

The US is a bit funny like that - the original name of "aluminium" was in fact "aluminum". To fit with the naming "scheme" of other elements discovered around the same time, the name was changed to "aluminium". Oddly enough, it was named "aluminum" by a British chemist, not an American. Aside from the US and Canada, I believe no other country still uses the term "aluminum" primarily.

But again, either is technically correct.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pafinator View Post

Anyway, lets get back to my joke.. I mean SERIOUS TOPIC!!!!
    This wont help u now !!

this was a great read! lots of lulz were had
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Time zones: proof that the average European is just as dumb as the average American, despite what they might think.
    April fools ends at 12 pm, so even in America it would have been ended...

Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    This. The fool who fools after midday is the real fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    It's not the 2nd here in the US yet :P
    Not everyone lives in the US I'm afraid..

WHY DID MY MOM THROW AWAY ALL MY OLD LEGO!??!?!?!

I had like 3-4 full boxes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokok View Post
    I also hate how they say the date backwards.
    Nah, i hate it when you guys say it backwards! got my hopes up for transformers 3 release on 7th january

Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage View Post
    And yes. Alot of people seem to of forgotten about the fact that april fools day is over after 12pm Noon, reguardless of which country you're in. (still abiding by time zones of course).

I would like to make it very clear that europe is not a country, its a continent with many countries
    So please dont do the "europeans" just as i dont do "americans" unless its meant as a stereotype joke
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Quote Originally Posted by Shyardik View Post
    I'm sure you realize that it's still April 1st in the Americas.
    No doubt after 12 o'clock though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pafinator View Post
    Is April fools day even recognized in Europe?

Anyway, lets get back to my joke.. I mean SERIOUS TOPIC!!!!

April Fool’s Day first occurred in 1582 when Pope Gregory XIII changed the Christian world from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar. When the calendar was changed, this change had the effect of changing the date of the New Year to January 1st. During that era, the celebration of the New Year corresponded with the first week of spring throughout the out most of Europe. The first of April was then the day of celebration of the New Year.
    When the calendar was changed, there was no longer a reason for celebrating the day. Since many didn’t readily accept the calendar change, they were called fools, and this is the origin of where did April Fools Day come from. Many tricks were played on the ones that still clung to the old calendar, and thus this is the answer to where did April Fools day come from.

France accepted the calendar change in 1582, when the Pope sent the decree. Many people didn’t accept the change, however, and still celebrated April 1st as the New Year. As such, those who embraced the new calendar began to ridicule those people, calling them “traditionalists.” Over the next few years, people began to play tricks on the traditionalists on April 1. They would send invitations to non-existent parties and send them on “fools” errands and try to convince them of things that were untrue.

The best known prank in France that carried forward in history was the tying of a fish to someone’s back and then waiting until they found it. Once it was discovered, the person was called a Poisson D’Avril, meaning April Fish. The original prank was performed with a dead fish but it has been replaced with a paper one today. This practice carried over not only in France, but also the French speaking parts of Canada.
    The pranks and tricks were well entrenched by 1752 when England finally accepted the Gregorian calendar. Most of Europe had incorporated pranks and tricks into their observance practices for April Fools Day and this caught on worldwide. The widespread influence of England helped to spread the practice even further.

So try using the net for something other than ignorant spam maybe you can learn something, dare I say it..go on I hear you say.. typical ignorant/arrogant (delete as applicable if needed) American.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbraorbis View Post
    Calling the average European dumb is considered nice? Cheers for the laugh btw about 10 of you went nuts on an English lad for saying its April second ha
    The average person - American, Canadian, European, Asian, whatever - is dumb.
    Singling out one culture is like saying 'the average fire is hot'. It's redundant, not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I hate how EU like to comment that it must be real because it's April 2nd over there when the company is in California and under Pacific time zone.
    Awh, you even bother to hate that? Poor you :/.

Deleted
    Guess what.... we're almost there http://universe.lego.com/en-us/default.aspx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    The average person - American, Canadian, European, Asian, whatever - is dumb.
    Singling out one culture is like saying 'the average fire is hot'. It's redundant, not racist.
    So if a person acts like a moron, it's redundant to call him one?

Just quoting your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by cania2010 View Post
    Why on earth do you hate that we say 2nd april instead of april 2nd? If you REALLY hate that, you should close your computer and maybe go for a walk and see what goes on outside instead of hating extremely no mattering stuff like this.
    Its more about the numbers, so instead of 2.4.2011 like im used to , US says 4/2/2011, whaa?