Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Random Dungeon Botting?

Is there such a thing? I've run into a few suspicious characters while leveling my warrior the last week or so. We're in an instance, and the person doesn't ever talk, or respond even to questions directed at them, and while that's not particularly uncommon with normal players, it typically makes me start looking for other signs. For instance, I was in ZF and we had a feral cat dps in the group. Any time anyone left or joined the group, MotW went up immediately, they wouldn't loot the key off the executioner, so we couldn't advance. After some people left, we were just sitting there and I mounted. Immediately, the druid mounted and stood next to me. I dismounted, and they did the same immediately. I right-click dispelled MotW, it immediately recast it. All of this while absolutely no responses or chat of any kind. I also just got out of a Strat run with a warlock who, again never responded to direct questions etc., who did most of the same things, and cast only Rain of Fire through the entire instance. Literally, I looked at recount, Shadowbolt was used once, and Hellfire twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno... seems to me you're maybe a little paranoid and reading into it too much. ;p
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

Quote Originally Posted by blutkind View Post
    i dunno... seems to me you're maybe a little paranoid and reading into it too much. ;p
    It's possible, but they seemed extremely automatic.

The ZF run seems kinda botish.

THe stratholme one, not so much. Don't we just AOE everything down nowdays? Rain of fire is a warlock AOE. I've seen lowbies using AOE on single target boss fights. Even spells like blizzard, flamestrike, Rain of Fire, etc.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Well... I have never seen anyone botting in an instance, but I have heard people talk about it. Heck... Once out of the blue I was accused of botting, but I have no Idea what made the fail healer believe i was botting... If it was the fact that I cast innervate on him when he dropped too low on mana, or that I took over and healed for a bit when he bit the dust after eating a blitz on the first boss in Grim Batol or what (I was playing boomkin at the time, so I had decent gear for some emergency healing on)...

Sure... Stepping in to heal a bit and things like that meant that I slipped a bit on the DPS-meters, but up until that point I had been up with the rest of the DPS... So... As I say.. I have no idea if it was my suspicious reacting to circumstances and saving a wipe or two or what it was that made the healer call me a bot, but... Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Khaowdruid View Post
    Is there such a thing? I've run into a few suspicious characters while leveling my warrior the last week or so. We're in an instance, and the person doesn't ever talk, or respond even to questions directed at them, and while that's not particularly uncommon with normal players, it typically makes me start looking for other signs. For instance, I was in ZF and we had a feral cat dps in the group. Any time anyone left or joined the group, MotW went up immediately, they wouldn't loot the key off the executioner, so we couldn't advance. After some people left, we were just sitting there and I mounted. Immediately, the druid mounted and stood next to me. I dismounted, and they did the same immediately. I right-click dispelled MotW, it immediately recast it. All of this while absolutely no responses or chat of any kind. I also just got out of a Strat run with a warlock who, again never responded to direct questions etc., who did most of the same things, and cast only Rain of Fire through the entire instance. Literally, I looked at recount, Shadowbolt was used once, and Hellfire twice.
    The druid does indeed sound bottish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comes down to people just being dumb not bots, ive been tanking from 15-21 so far and the amount of stupid things happening comes down to either new too the class or just retarded, warlock even hunters doing melee, mages wanding even though they have `100% mana
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    The druid does indeed sound bottish.
    haha now i'm curious if he even participated in the dungeon. can bots even be programmed to play a class properly? XD
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility with the lock, I've seen some stupid stuff.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 02:21 AM ----------
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2011-04-02 at 02:23 AM.

Druid almost certainly sounds like a bot, the warlock was just exhibiting fairly normal (if somewhat sad) player behavior while leveling.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are bots out there that can que, assist the tank and heal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    id be surprised if the druid wasnt a bot after reading that

the warlock on the other hand could just be really anti-social and/or a baddie, iv met combos like that
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

i would of opened a ticket about it. but thats just me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    id be surprised if the druid wasnt a bot after reading that

the warlock on the other hand could just be really anti-social and/or a baddie, iv met combos like that
    yeah re-reading the OP it does seem a little fishy on the druids part, but i agree i have seen numerous anti-social, non-speaking players in pugs. even tanks and healers that have said absolutely nothing and even pass on all the drops aren't uncommon in my experience over the last while. kind of weird but i didn't think they were botting at all.

Deleted
    I'd be more inclined to say the Druid was just using an addon to track buffs. Were you the tank? If so the mounting behaviour isn't that odd either, if I saw the tank mount up I probably would too.
    The warlock just sounds like a typical bad player especially around lower levels

I doubt he was botting. I've met lots of people that couldn't understand directs or even people that didn't speak English and behaved in a similar fashion. I've never met a dungeon-bot so I can't say, I guess it's a possibility but I just don't see the point in paying to play a game when actually you let a program "play" for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaowdruid View Post
    That druid sounds exactly like the bot a colleague of mine uses. Actually it's really hilarious when I am over watching it since some reactions of it are so ridiculously fast.

Almost positive there are Dungeon botters, rather get that motw druid healing bot than the dps bots who just auto attacks. They bot dungeons at low levels because it's basically impossible to wipe when a few players with full boas can carry the group. Once they get higher level they will bot gathering professions for experience.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Comes down to people just being dumb not bots, ive been tanking from 15-21 so far and the amount of stupid things happening comes down to either new too the class or just retarded, warlock even hunters doing melee, mages wanding even though they have `100% mana
    Did you even read the post? It sounds totally botty because the Druid was playing PERFECTLY aside from the loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

I was called a bot after declining a duel request in the middle of killing a mob. I never duel anyway but in the middle of another fight just seems silly. He then had a fit following me around and calling me a bot saying he was reporting me... all the while I was sitting in vent with friends laughing about it all.

Really though, I've had so many times in instances where people just have others on follow and do nothing the entire time. It's pretty amazing how lazy people can be.