10+ Year Old Account

Why is Minecraft maxing my CPU?

It's literally using 1GB of ram by it's self... My processor is capped out at 100%. I'm getting 70C temps too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Java is inefficient and a resource hog.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

My javaw.exe is using ~900k mem so I guess that's pretty normal but its only averaging my CPU at ~11%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrowwind View Post
    My javaw.exe is using ~900k mem so I guess that's pretty normal but its only averaging my CPU at ~11%.
    I have an i5 2300 too.

I read something about a memory leak on the boards, I don't think it affects everyone. It may be a new/old version of java, or just bad luck. Is it reaching this right away or after a good amount of time playing?

Maybe if it's the latter then a restart of the game/maybe the PC should fix this.

I've never seen my CPU above 12% except the time my HDD cable broke and started doing really wierd shit to my PC. (it was not the OS hard drive but a secondary).

I'm running a AMD 640 so I have no idea why yours is maxing out.

There is a memory glitch in Minecraft right now that only seems to effect PCs with certain multi-core CPUs. Set your draw distance down to normal. Hopefully Notch will fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. I guess if you exit out of prime95, it doesn't stop the test.. Hm. Sorry to bother you guys. >.>

On the up side, my system is stable through just about anything...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Oh. I guess if you exit out of prime95, it doesn't stop the test.. Hm. Sorry to bother you guys. >.>
    LOL Wow that's awesome.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    LOL Wow that's awesome.
    I had to go into resource manager to figure out what the hell was taking it all up. I thought I clicked the fork bomb batch file I made by accident.

java sucks.

also minecraft is not built for performace tbh, he kinds suck at that...

also, computer IS writing out pretty meny cubes

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm far too lazy to make a new thread to ask this, so I'll ask it here:

Why is my third (Out of four) cores taking the brunt of the processing? It's the first to heat up, it gets the hottest, and it's always higher in processing than all the other cores...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I'm far too lazy to make a new thread to ask this, so I'll ask it here:

Why is my third (Out of four) cores taking the brunt of the processing? It's the first to heat up, it gets the hottest, and it's always higher in processing than all the other cores...

Could be that it also has all of the Windows services on it as well or the typical uneven silicon of the CPU to the IHS. Intels normally vary 2-8C difference between all the cores.

My first core is 6C cooler than my 2nd Core, 4C cooler than my 3rd Core and 3C cooler than my 4th core haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's something I've found a bit annoying in Prime95... you'd think clicking the "X" will kill the process and close the program... all it does is hides it in the tray, not even minimized in the task bar. It's usually one of the hidden icons! (although you can manually change that) To stop the stress test you actually have to go to the test drop down menu and then press "stop".

I think I've done that too in the past. (clicked the X and thought it was closed, then wondered why my computer was a bit sluggish)

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed Sorry Fuzz