Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Agreeing with Wries ^.
    More cores would be mostly an e-penis thing, or because there are CPUs out there and it's a general "I want it"-feeling.
    I'd use it so I can do -bigadv Folding@Home WUs. :P

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    If you are gonna spend $2800 on a rig then I would not get a p67 mobo.
    lol, why not? This seems like a very silly statement, for $2,800 you could get a killer gaming rig based around P67. If you honestly think P67 is somehow flat out *worse* than Z68, well I'm sorry, you're wrong on that count. Z68 has some features that is more towards making the overall computer less expensive, like the SSD Cache junk. I have a P67 board with a 128GB SSD and it is faster than any Z68 with an HDD with some little 40GB SSD as its cache. Also, the onboard video for Z68 didn't turn out quite that well, especially compared to AMD Llano. If you're going to make a gaming rig for $2,800, onboard video and SSD cache is not something you need.

So tell me, why shouldn't someone go for P67 if they have $2,800 to drop? Maybe Synthaxx will have a word with you.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lol, why not? This seems like a very silly statement, for $2,800 you could get a killer gaming rig based around P67. If you honestly think P67 is somehow flat out *worse* than Z68, well I'm sorry, you're wrong on that count. Z68 has some features that is more towards making the overall computer less expensive, like the SSD Cache junk. I have a P67 board with a 128GB SSD and it is faster than any Z68 with an HDD with some little 40GB SSD as its cache. Also, the onboard video for Z68 didn't turn out quite that well, especially compared to AMD Llano. If you're going to make a gaming rig for $2,800, onboard video and SSD cache is not something you need.

So tell me, why shouldn't someone go for P67 if they have $2,800 to drop? Maybe Synthaxx will have a word with you.
    Okay, I take it back then I guess lol. =P

I thought the z68 board had more features that optimize having a SSD and a HDD in more ways than just using a SSD for caching. Plus the z68 version of that maximus is only a few dollars more.
    Last edited by mojo6912; 2011-12-06 at 10:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd use it so I can do -bigadv Folding@Home WUs. :P
    Well they don't seem to want mainstream PCs doing -bigadv. Now when 4c8t is fairly cheap they're making it so that you soon will need 16 "cores". And when 8c16t processors are out mainstream and can be overclocked enough to meet the deadlines, they will probably raise the requirements and shorten the deadlines further :P
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-12-06 at 01:18 PM.

P67 and Z68 boards are both good in general. Personally on a p67. I thought about some z68 boards but it came down to the z68's i wanted being more expensive and infringing on my GPU money so i went ASRock p67 E4 G3 nice board.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Well they don't seem to want mainstream PCs doing -bigadv. Now when 4c8t is fairly cheap they're making it so that you soon will need 16 "cores". And when 8c16t processors are out mainstream and can be overclocked enough to meet the deadlines, they will probably raise the requirements and shorten the deadlines further :P
    Oh yeah.

I forgot that part.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    Okay, I take it back then I guess lol. =P

I thought the z68 board had more features that optimize having a SSD and a HDD in more ways than just using a SSD for caching. Plus the z68 version of that maximus is only a few dollars more.
    A Z68 just has more annoying features I'd have to turn off and then I'd be sitting there like, oh, lawl, this is a P67 board now!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account

A Z68 just has more annoying features I'd have to turn off and then I'd be sitting there like, oh, lawl, this is a P67 board now!
    Yeah but if I were gonna buy a new sports car I would surely pay 1% more for traction control even though most of the time I would have it off. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah my Z68 is a P67.

Using Lucid Virtu (for the record: D-mode) for making use of Intel quicksync.. it's just not worth the headache, man. I recently enabled it to test out quicksync-encode through adobe media encoder. Well I got it to work, but then I launched WoW, and Lucid put the game to be processed on the Intel 3000 instead of my discrete GPUs! It's just so stupid on deciding which graphics adapter to use, god damn Lucid continues delivering the crappiest solutions in the world.. that oddly enough look good on paper.

Wish I went for P8P67 Deluxe.. or another EVO.

Edit: despite declared hate for Lucid I should add that it COULD be possible that even Lucid's D-mode hates SLI.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-12-08 at 06:35 PM.