Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Vicious PvP gears is GOOD FOR RAIDING

To everyone who is recruiting for the normal level raids, just so you know, the epic pvp gear kicks the CRAP out of heroic blues for DPS'ing for most specs.
    Look at the stats, the Vicious gear has more of the primary stat (which everyone stacks) then a damn raid epic. Yes Raid epics will still be better because of the double secondary stat, but epic pvp gear comes pretty close!

Ok? So when someone in 4 set Vicious PvP gear comes to ask you for an invite, don't be ignorant and dumb and say "omg pvp gear lulz lululululululuzzzzz" no, because they could possibly be the best dps in your raid fool.

Got it?

And here's a tip for people trying to gear up for raids, that don't want to PvP. Run your friggen 5 arena wins and buy some epic pvp gear. the stuff is GOOD.
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2011-04-02 at 06:08 AM.

I have awesome pvp ilvl gear that took almost no effort to get everyone should bring me to raid because I rule...

Sorry, I'd rather take someone who spent the time gearing up for PvE into PvE rather than someone whose focus is PvP. I don't mind a few pieces, especially weapons, but full pvp set? /pass

Taking DK for example, since I play one, yes the PvP set does have more strength, but it lacks enough hit, haste, expertise, crit to where your overall dps would be junk. Having a piece or two probably wouldn't hurt, but full set? You'd be gimping yourself. The amount of strength gained does not offset the loss of secondary stats; if you're full PvP geared.

April Fools was yesterday.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You make me sad

Deleted
    They actually nerfed the PvP 4pc because it used to be better than raid epics for a lot of classes. Goes to show how good the PvP gear actually is, especially weapons. There's nothing wrong at all with having 4 vicious pieces and vicious weps for normal mode raids.

Sounds like someone got turned down for a raid invite.

Deleted
    Casual raiding: PvP gear does not make too big an influence on DPS. (Please note: Healer and Tank MUST have PvE gear even casually to be competitive)

More focused progression: No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. It cannot be said enough. If you actualy want to focus on progression and moving further, you need viable gear and PvE skills to achieve anything further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linoleum View Post
    I have awesome pvp ilvl gear that took almost no effort to get everyone should bring me to raid because I rule...
    And you mean farming lolheroics is hard? Haha... good one!

someones venting on mmo againnnnn =) but on a serious note yea some pvp gear good, but full pvp gear? pass that up, and in the end of the day as long as ur dps is high idc, ill take a 15k blues boomkin over a 7k epic geared spriest

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Sorry, I'd rather take someone who spent the time gearing up for PvE into PvE rather than someone whose focus is PvP. I don't mind a few pieces, especially weapons, but full pvp set? /pass

Taking DK for example, since I play one, yes the PvP set does have more strength, but it lacks enough hit, haste, expertise, crit to where your overall dps would be junk. Having a piece or two probably wouldn't hurt, but full set? You'd be gimping yourself. The amount of strength gained does not offset the loss of secondary stats; if you're full PvP geared.
    Bold part is the key, sure the primary stats are better but even with full reforging you are usually below caps you can meet easily in blue 346.

Deleted
    I think a lot of you guys are missing the point. OP didn't say take my full PvP geared DPS to raids over your raid epics. He said Vicious Pieces > PvE BLUES.

This is very much true in a lot of cases, especially when factoring in set bonuses. More than 1 PvEer have done 5 games a week just to get that vicious gear because it's better than blues. The OP clearly said "4 set".

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post

This, basically. Warrior set is similar, lots of strength, but a full set has about 150 hit rating.
    Vicious weapons are better than all heroic gear, and DPS, especially melee would be silly to not take the half an hour a week to get easy 359 weapons.

For any class that needs hit/expertise, pvp is generally garbage (thinking rogue or almost any caster)
    For healing classes, pvp is generally garbage (Thinking Mp5 here)
    For tanking classes, pvp is generally garbage (Thinking Warrior/Pally/Dk here)

So uh... yeah. If you don't have anything better then you can get away with a few pieces, the arena weapons are pretty tits. My full Rare quality *blue* heroic gear your epic 4piece pvp set any day any time. You can not ignore:
    -Extra secondary stats completely
    -Better Itemization
    -Better overall stats for EVERY CLASS
    vs. maybe 100 sp/200ap? I'll take a hit capped mage over some1 rocking out full vicious pvp gear any day.
    So while certain pieces are decent, I wouldn't even put you in the same ball park.
    And remember, if you come back and say "well i did a bizzillion dps on XXX boss" SS or it didnt happen ^_^ Oh and you have to figure out how to show how much pvp gear you're wearing

Edited for clarity
    Last edited by hopezero; 2011-04-02 at 06:41 AM. Reason: clarity

pvpers are always better players

Quote Originally Posted by whyusocrazy View Post
    Thank god raid bosses require clutch CC's and nukefests on healers.

Oh wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by whyusocrazy View Post
    I would disagree ^_^ The vicious gear is pretty easy to get, with 0 rating you can probably have a 4piece set in about a month. That means you only have to win 25 games to obtain the gear that automatically 'makes you better'.
    People who compete in arenas are by far some of the most talented players I know, you have to have a compete understanding of most classes and especially your own... but that word ALWAYS kinda made me have to post again ^_^ They aren't always but the guys who do it like their job generally are ^_^

Actually before the nerf to 4pc pvp primary stat bonuses, 4pc Viscous was actually better then 4pc t11 for hunters :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    Thank god raid bosses require clutch CC's and nukefests on healers.

Oh wait.
    Bad player is bad. But since this isnt a thread about how easy pve is versus pvp i wont go there.
    Ill leave that retarded topic for some other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndam View Post
    if you're bad at ANY part of the game you're not a good player. if you're competent you're one of the best. wow does not exactly set the bar high, if anything, it lowered the bar
    PvP and PvE require two pretty different mind sets and playstyles. But, that's not what this thread is about, so let's not make it into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.