Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What did you do on your first real 40-man raid?

Hey what do I do?

- You're a druid, you have to heal. Just pick a tank and heal them.

I had an emote macro bound to Thorns (/pray) and MotW (/hail) and didn't have Gift of the Wild yet, and was very conscientious about keeping up Mark on everyone, and Thorns on the tanks. I spammed a lot of emotes til someone said "Stop that shit."

A week later I learned about downranking and Decursive. I fell asleep pressing Healing Touch 4 many many times.

End of story. What's your story?

Wiping at lucifron, because the healers/mages didn't know anything about decursing

10+ Year Old Account
    I was level 59 and a mage, many resists were seen in Molten Core that day. It was probably only about 4 months after release that we a 40 man raid going.

Just sat there spamming frostbolt really....

For every trash mob, and every boss.

Apart from the Imps & dogs, then I used Blizzard (woohoo!).
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

d/c'ed

haha nah i never did a real 40man unless u count the city bosses, nd even then i'd get d/c'd. gotta love shitty computers
    The Ocean Tastes Salty Cause Everyone Peess In It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myte342
    Dear Blizzard,

* * Please nerf Rock. But Paper is ok.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -Scissors

Did MC, i have no idea how I played, because frankly, I didnt know HOW to play at the time. We raided for awhile that night and downed majordomo (might have been split into 2 nights... dunno). Since it was our first week or two in MC we didnt have what was required to summon rag. I pretty much just spammed random buttons, I had no idea what rotations or anything was at the time. I just knew when to move and when to do other crap the boss required.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I got carried all the way through to Ragnaros and got all the Druid loot b/c it was on rot. =D

Did MC soon as i hit 60, first run i got the felheart slippers, and the Gloves the of the hypnotic flame off domo (santa gloves) as my friends called em. long time ago.

Spent half an hour conjuring food and water and trading them :/

Deleted
    I got carried through Zul'Gurub, though I wasn't as horrible as I'd like to think: I did avoid fire and follow tactics. However, my skill as a Rogue was just amazingly low.

i was on my paladin, in mc,. on bosses my duty was to ress dead ppl during the fights, because i was the worst geared .

10+ Year Old Account
    I was an off tank in MC. We got up to Rag, and I died within minutes. The guild went to down him for the first time.

It was exciting, and everyone forgot about the noob tank that chilled in the lava and died.

Complained loudly about spending so much time collecting the best available gear at release, only to be forced to raid in a bunch of fire resist greens. Then killed Lucifron for the world first.

Now I just sit back and laugh when people get nostalgic about WoW's raid design in vanilla (pre-Naxx, anyway). 40 mans sucked.

I was a paladin, was spec'd prot thought I could go in as tank and then found out I was told to heal. I would start the fight off healing then walk away for a while.

i died thats what i did

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

was healing and dispelling. those were the times when you could actualy play using 2-3 macros. :-) Undead Priest ftw

Molten core run with my rogue. Crap gear and no clue how to play, i was in a pvp cold blood/prep spec and refused to go combat sword because rogues are frikking assassins and they use daggers.
    Took some time to understand my dps was a real crap XD. But even if now my main is a dk i still use my rogue and i still have the nighstlayer set, the core hound tooth and the ragnaros dagger (which is the best dagger ever imo). It was good to pvp with those daggers, ppl simply run away.

i was just completely clueless the first time i went MC my guild was quite progressed and i would just follow my neighbour rogue and spam sinister strike / evisc with 2 daggers equipped but i did get nightslayer chest and shoulders on first run which ofc looked ossum

good times but god i hated 40m raidingxD 25m is better imho
    think of Cataclysm not so much as a cataclysmic event where a big bird kills everything.. just think of it as salvation.. sweet salvation from the wrath of the lich king..
    -Ashtoreth Level 85 Blood Tank

Since we are all being honest here... doing /follow on a friend of mine and racked in all the loot as I was the only warlock in our raid. Yes, the only warlock in a 40 man, and it was great. Having my cable go out and using dial up at the worst time made it so I couldn't do anything, not even go into Orgrimmar, but a friend told me his guild didn't have a warlock and asked if I wanted to come.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Hey what do I do?

- You're a druid, you have to heal. Just pick a tank and heal them.

I had an emote macro bound to Thorns (/pray) and MotW (/hail) and didn't have Gift of the Wild yet, and was very conscientious about keeping up Mark on everyone, and Thorns on the tanks. I spammed a lot of emotes til someone said "Stop that shit."

A week later I learned about downranking and Decursive. I fell asleep pressing Healing Touch 4 many many times.

End of story. What's your story?
    Haha that's a lot like what I faced on my resto druid as well. Was such a nuisance buffing individually until I got the Gift spell much later on. And spamming Healing Touch got so boring for me fast. I also remember that I couldn't cast Rejuvenation at times due to a more powerful one already on the tank though I'm not sure if it was cause of the newer ranks of rejuv released near the end of Vanilla :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I rebuffed blessing of wisdom every 5 minutes on half the raid, and blessing of might on the other half. Good times...not!