Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i lagg in 25 mans.... didnt u lagg AS HELL in 40 mans i mean seriously 40 man lol....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    i lagg in 25 mans.... didnt u lagg AS HELL in 40 mans i mean seriously 40 man lol....
    Never lagged since WoW release unless when I played for 2 months from a USB dongle internet.

If you lag during 25mans two things to do:

1) Get better GPU
    or
    Stay with same GPU but play on lowest settings

and
    2) Get a better internet connection

10+ Year Old Account
    Did MC on a dwarf priest could never oom and could dispel all day, getting first piece of prophecy set
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

doing 1 combo-point eviscorates
    being terrified of the core hound packs in MC, becus the guildleader accidently assigned me to tank one of them, and I didnt know how to "become a tank" with my rogue. Took me weeks to understand what happend there.
    got so super excited that nightslayer pants droped, that I yelled on vent "I BID ALL MY DKP", before the loot had even been announced, and while the other rogues had far less DKP then me

oh and like many others have said, I had no idea what was going on, ever, so I was just following the other rogues and attacking same things
    Last edited by Rapret; 2011-04-02 at 04:39 PM.

I didn't loot the dog. and the puppies in front of Magmadar just didnt want to die.

MC like the day I hit 60, in greens -_-

Took us forever just to kill the molten giants at the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Curse of Elements!
    Buff those mages
    LOL. The curse of shadows/elements (yes, they were separate) were hella OP back then. Chance to add like 200-700 random dmg to your spells, making spells hit for like %60 more... gg.
    Last edited by fangless; 2011-04-02 at 08:04 PM.

I was a rogue and was pocking boss with my daggers. Didn't know what a rotation was, did know to stay out of fire though. We killed some bosses. It was good.

Put tank on follow and made dinner.

I was annoyed, after doing 5 and 10 mans (Scholo, UBRS, strath) for a month straight it felt far too crowded! (even though we did do Kazzak before then), then we pulled the lava packs in MC, all I could do is spam shadowbolt while the mages were the only ones who could aoe (blizzard) damn fire immunity. we ended up with around 50 mini lava minions and wiped for 2 hours before we eventually figure out how to deal with him. By the end of the night we won our very first server race by clearing 11 mobs (server second guild cleared 9), and we were first all the way to Naxx

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    MC like the day I hit 60, in greens -_-

Took us forever just to kill the molten giants at the entrance.

LOL. The curse of shadows/elements (yes, they were separate) were hella OP back then. Chance to add like 200-700 random dmg to your spells, making spells hit for like %60 more... gg.

CoE/CoS use to reduce targets resistents. So when a target goes below 0 then there is a chance to do double the damage on that target, add to that a crit and you'd be KING!

My highest crit was a 4800 Shadowbolt I've heard of 5k crits on people with less gear but I never get that lucky.
    Mages never got to see that because all mages were frost back then, and frost is a binary spell, you either hit or you don't, no dmg reduction on resistance nor dmg increase on - resistance. So they hated locks
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Novarian View Post
    I was a paladin, was spec'd prot thought I could go in as tank and then found out I was told to heal. I would start the fight off healing then walk away for a while.
    feel your pain bro

i was a hunter turn auto shot on and tab out

MC

We didn't wipe on our first pull of the two giants at the entrance and felt like kings. Not sure if we killed a boss that night but it was awesome.

Only later did I figure out that no-one wanted me to bid on anything but healing gear. I just got a reputation as a good healer, learned how to use gear-switch addons and quietly slipped back into a feral pvp spec a few weeks later. No-one noticed.

We were noobs and a good 6 months behind on killing Ragnaros but felt like masters of the universe. The BWL guilds made fun of us.

my first 40men raid was molten core, ofc. back when Wildheart was awesome and I didn't have the full set.
    I got no loot, but I did experience what was the epic Ragnaros, the Fire Lord.
    I got invited because I healed one guy one time and he liked the way I played, one of their healers disconnected and I got in.
    1 month later I was rerolling to a rogue and I stayed that way

wiped and kept wiping on the first trash in MC

I was a paladin, so i blessed.. Then i tossed like 10 secs of heals, then i regained mana, then i buffed again..

5 min buffs to buff on a 40 man raid, what a horror!
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Died horribly by a curse no bloody mage would take off.. oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first 40man I ever attended was a Onyxia run where I got invited by my brother's guild who needed dps. I had no knowledge about the fight, and during phase one I managed to pull almost all whelps on either side like 5-6 times, and every time there were 30 people on vent yelling "What are you doing, you effing noob?" (maybe a bit more harsh than that) and my brother was subsequently kicked out of that guild. That was the good old days.
    Last edited by Elgefar; 2011-04-02 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Grammar, it is so shiny

What I was doing? I have no idea because I was shit back then

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I was a druid healer, i would go bear form and hump the dead folks between healing and mucking about. As a druid, it was my JOB to hump dead people. (mc first)

On my second time, i was a hunter, and i would dps stuff and /fd eat and drink and laugh at the folks running low on mana, never EVER laugh at a healer, when you have that awesome ability. I died on p3 ony due to fear+fire cracks, two healers whispered me asked where the fuck is your fd eat/drink now, bitch. and rezzed me DEAD last. That sucked.

Third was a lock, in aq40 (crazy geared guild geared me up in aq40 to get gear to do naxx) I was just dotting and spamming shadow bolt. And taking loot from cloth wearers. Good stuff.

I know you heard three stories, but each was a bit of a different raid, first experience as healer/dps and then a proper hard raid. You couldn't get away with cocking off in aq40, you had to pay attention to mechanics a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    first time i went to a 40 man was on my 60 warrior, i was the OOT but it was fun as hell my guild had cleared it before they took me so i got carried good times.....sunder sunder sunder sunder sunder GO ROGUES GO