Thread: Diablo 3

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question Diablo 3

    I have been trying to find a site like MMO Champion or Tankspot that is focused on Diablo 3 info but I can't seem to find one. Can you guys suggest any? thanks

  2. #2
    It doesn't exist because there is a disclaimer on the beta so they can't show off content. There is Diablo 3 Wiki for lore and gameplay showoff from what they saw at Blizzcons but thats it.

  3. #3
    I haven't spent a lot of time following D3 but i believe this site is focused on it a bit http://www.diablofans.com/ you most likely wont find a site with anywhere near as detailed information as D3 is not in a public state and is not an mmo

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Oztington View Post
    It doesn't exist because there is a disclaimer on the beta so they can't show off content. There is Diablo 3 Wiki for lore and gameplay showoff from what they saw at Blizzcons but thats it.
    damn, rly Blizz? rly? I am so exicted, ANY info would be SOOO nice! the wait is killing me

  5. #5
    Diablo Fans is the Diablo equivalent of what Darth Hater is to Star Wars: The Old Republic. They get some exclusive interviews and information. As well as being on top of any and all announcements, and speculation.

  6. #6
    I just checked out Diablo Fans and it seems really good. I think I'll bookmark that one.

    Is there any speculation on an official release date? I am thinking there will be a big announcement of some kind at Blizzcon about D3.

  7. #7
    theres always speculation about release dates but dont expect anything for at least 3 months after the beta starts

  8. #8

  9. #9
    According to the so called leaked blizz timetable ( may be real, may not be but has been prety accurate so far ) D# is suppose to be released in the 4th quarter of this year so oct/nov/dec.

    Some sites you can check out are diablofans like suggested above, and I guess D2JSP but i'd say dfans is much better.

  10. #10
    Diablo wont be out this year lol.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Sileh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    K-ON!!
    Posts
    1,043
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Diablo wont be out this year lol.
    According to what?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Diablo wont be out this year lol.
    It is technically finished developing, according to the CEO (or something, don't remember his exact title).. So they are aiming for a 2011 release, unless something unexpected happens in the beta, which will take a lot of time and work to fix / change.

    Interview with Mike Morhaime (President) and Frank Pearce (Senior VP) of Blizzard:
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/2391...lly-completed/

    "Q: I suppose that you do not have a world-hysteria scoop to offer the readers of Liberation concerning the official and definitive release date of Diablo 3?

    A: Alas, no. Just to confirm to you that we are full at work for the game to release this year. The development is technically completed. We are in a internal-testing and feedback-gathering phase. Yes, there are good chances of releasing before the end of 2011, but it is impossible to us, at this time, to guarantee you that."
    Last edited by Nudi; 2011-04-02 at 10:30 AM.

  13. #13
    They're probably keeping it in the dark due to the fact that it looks damn ugly, worse than Wow.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    They're probably keeping it in the dark due to the fact that it looks damn ugly, worse than Wow.
    Fucking heresy!
    Another Day Closer to Death. ☼_☼

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    They're probably keeping it in the dark due to the fact that it looks damn ugly, worse than Wow.
    Yeah, Diablo 2 sure looked amazing... yet we all played that game for over a decade just for the sake of graphics, right? Cause, ya know, graphics are the most important thing in a video game and determine the quality of the gameplay. Right.

    Just to clarify: Diablo 3 might differentiate from the artstyle of the previous games, but in my humble opinion, I think it looks more colorful and interesting...
    ----
    This is my blog. There are many others like it but this one is mine http://gamingbymiksa.co.cc/

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Natova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    582
    In one of the trailers i have seen (don't remeber wich one, but it was here on mmo somewhere) it sayd 11.11.11 at the end of the trailer but only very short and somewhat hidden so i am thinking that is there target date
    -=Free will is an illusion=-

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Yeah, Diablo 2 sure looked amazing... yet we all played that game for over a decade just for the sake of graphics, right? Cause, ya know, graphics are the most important thing in a video game and determine the quality of the gameplay. Right.

    Just to clarify: Diablo 3 might differentiate from the artstyle of the previous games, but in my humble opinion, I think it looks more colorful and interesting...
    Graphics are a part that should not be neglected, activision-blizzard makes games with bad graphics just to downsize the costs and downsize the quality of the games they're making. Anyways people who have terribad PCs usually belittle the meaning of graphics.
    Last edited by Clubsoda; 2011-04-02 at 11:23 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Graphics are a part that should not be neglected, activision-blizzard makes games with bad graphics just to downsize the costs and downsize the quality of the games they're making. Anyways people who have terribad PCs usually belittle the meaning of graphics.
    This is one of the most ignorant posts I've yet to read on these forums. Blizzard have always made the best compromise in terms of graphics/gameplay in order for the majority (yes, the majority of gamers) to be able to experience their games. I am sorry to have offended the 1 % of Godlike creatures with "divine machines" that can experience thrill an joy only when their hunger for new and shiny things fly by on their 50 inch plasma screens. The rest 99 % of the world is content with superb gameplay and decent graphics that complement the overall game experience, and are NOT THE gameplay experience. If I wanted to watch CGI movies, I'd watch a god damned CGI movie.

    As for the quality of Blizzard's games, I won't argue with your baseless facts... just head over to any decent developer's web site (Blizzard's, Valve's, Bioware's) and check the achievements and rewards segment... where you can find all the evidence you need about the quality and dedication of their games.

    Oh, and about the whole "people who have terribad PC's usually belittle the meaning of graphics," let me tell you one thing. I have a PC that can run Crysis 2 on Hardcore settings with over 50 fps, yet that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the level design, AI, the narrative and gameplay mechanics. I still happen to play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, a game inferior to Crysis 2 due to its 6 year old Source engine, but only in terms of its graphic engine. The artstyle, the gameplay and overall overarching story just blow Crysis 2 out of the water. So, no, people who have their nose up their ass cause of the money they have, can't appreciate shit and don't know how to appreciate a good story, gameplay or decent art style.
    ----
    This is my blog. There are many others like it but this one is mine http://gamingbymiksa.co.cc/

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    This is one of the most ignorant posts I've yet to read on these forums. Blizzard have always made the best compromise in terms of graphics/gameplay in order for the majority (yes, the majority of gamers) to be able to experience their games. I am sorry to have offended the 1 % of Godlike creatures with "divine machines" that can experience thrill an joy only when their hunger for new and shiny things fly by on their 50 inch plasma screens. The rest 99 % of the world is content with superb gameplay and decent graphics that complement the overall game experience, and are NOT THE gameplay experience. If I wanted to watch CGI movies, I'd watch a god damned CGI movie.

    As for the quality of Blizzard's games, I won't argue with your baseless facts... just head over to any decent developer's web site (Blizzard's, Valve's, Bioware's) and check the achievements and rewards segment... where you can find all the evidence you need about the quality and dedication of their games.

    Oh, and about the whole "people who have terribad PC's usually belittle the meaning of graphics," let me tell you one thing. I have a PC that can run Crysis 2 on Hardcore settings with over 50 fps, yet that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the level design, AI, the narrative and gameplay mechanics. I still happen to play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, a game inferior to Crysis 2 due to its 6 year old Source engine, but only in terms of its graphic engine. The artstyle, the gameplay and overall overarching story just blow Crysis 2 out of the water. So, no, people who have their nose up their ass cause of the money they have, can't appreciate shit and don't know how to appreciate a good story, gameplay or decent art style.
    Crysis 2 is a very light game and doesn't really require an excellent gaming rig. And no the level desing wasn't great but you can make a good game and then invest a bit to make the graphics look good.

  20. #20
    Think they'll release it right before / after blizzcon this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •