Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Really interested in buying this game..

I'm a total pussy. Any horror movie scares me, any horror game scares me..

It started when I was in gr2 and I watched halloween 3.. i had bad cousins -.-

Post what you thought of the game, was it worth it?

Share your experiences!! ;3
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Really interested in buying this game..

I'm a total pussy. Any horror movie scares me, any horror game scares me..

It started when I was in gr2 and I watched halloween 3.. i had bad cousins -.-

Post what you thought of the game, was it worth it?

Share your experiences!! ;3
    Great little game.

This was my experience standing in front of an ominous elevator, knowing something will go wrong if i step in: OH GOD I DONT WANNA

buy it , 9.99 on steam , good deal.

then again.. i play this game in the day with sunlight coming in to my room from all possible angles so im the last person to give a good review.. lol

Deleted
    I'm in love with everything is considered "horror", films-books-tv series etc, but especially I love Survival horror games.
    To be more specific, last time I felt myself scared, was with Silent Hill 1 for PSX when I was only 12. Amnesia, after 11 years and half, has been the first thing that has SERIOUSLY scared me while playing, at night, with headset..
    You will find yourself watching around your room, in search of dangerous presences. And I'm not joking. The only thing you have to do is to follow dev instructions, take the game for what it is and don't even try to be a hero, follow your characters visions and never, NEVER relax or stop moving. They watch you!

Many reviews has given 9/10 to this game, it's simply a must have!

eek^

and yeah i saw it was on sale so i'm tempted to buy it..

might buy it and go to a friends for the next long weekend and play it at 3 am in the morning..

is it really THAT scary?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    buy it , 9.99 on steam , good deal.

then again.. i play this game in the day with sunlight coming in to my room from all possible angles so im the last person to give a good review.. lol
    FOr 9.99, anyone with a love for horror games should pick this up.

It's quite good, you've to use your brain and it's a very realistic game. You've only X flint/tinders and only a small amount of oil.
    You must chose when to use the light and when not (and when you're in the dark you start losing your sanity).
    Overall is a very linear game, but the sound is amazing and the story is original too, so if you've time and money buy it and enjoy

Deleted
    might buy it and go to a friends for the next long weekend and play it at 3 am in the morning..
    Don't. Do. That.
    Go play it with your friend but DON'T play it in the morning. You will simply waste your money.
    The purpose of the of the devlopers is to scary the player. The in-game tutorial ask you to play during the night.

Quote Originally Posted by h0lyshadow View Post
    Don't. Do. That.
    Go play it with your friend but DON'T play it in the morning. You will simply waste your money.
    The purpose of the of the devlopers is to scary the player. The in-game tutorial ask you to play during the night.
    it's quite dark at 3am.. and i meant as in like 12am-6am d:

i just chose 3 am cause i'm still freaked out about from exrocism of emily rose so many years ago...

if you haven't noticed yet, i'm a giant pussy, but this game looks hectic

Deleted
    it's quite dark at 3am.. and i meant as in like 12am-6am d:

i just chose 3 am cause i'm still freaked out about from exrocism of emily rose so many years ago...

if you haven't noticed yet, i'm a giant pussy, but this game looks hectic
    Yeah, my bad, in Italy we use only the 24 hour system. My mistake

Btw, pussy or not, in life everyone of us experience always something that make your emotion to feel specials and unique. Amnesia is simply a game, true, but it has the power to grab out the fear from you. It's 100% assured you'll jump out from the chair screaming around your room, at least 4-5 times. Just for this the title is worth the 10 bucks

Deleted

Btw, pussy or not, in life everyone of us experience always something that make your emotion to feel specials and unique. Amnesia is simply a game, true, but it has the power to grab out the fear from you. It's 100% assured you'll jump out from the chair screaming around your room, at least 4-5 times. Just for this the title is worth the 10 bucks
    Cant wait for OP to get chased by a monster, his legs feeling like they're made of stone as his sanity drops, his body gets heavy and he drops to the floor, dragging his legs behind him as he wants to crawl away, save himself, only for the audible illusions and bugs crawling over his eyes so stop him in his tracks. Giving up, he feels his body getting paralyzed, and a loud dark figure coming closer..

hehe understood d:

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    Cant wait for OP to get chased by a monster, his legs feeling like they're made of stone as his sanity drops, his body gets heavy and he drops to the floor, dragging his legs behind him as he wants to crawl away, save himself, only for the audible illusions and bugs crawling over his eyes so stop him in his tracks. Giving up, he feels his body getting paralyzed, and a loud dark figure coming closer..
    *shits pants*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    Perfect, since my english sucks I'm not able to describe the game in that way but your words perfectly recognize what happen in the game. Best part is when you're linked with the game and feel that these things are happening to YOU. Some kind of drugs/alcohol are indeed involved, of course. I'm seriously in love with this game <3

tbh, it isn't that scary. I did complete it. Even played it at night, with headphones and no lights to try and enhance the atmopshere but it just didn't work for me

Deleted
    I dinished the game and it's quite scary, but I don't like the gameplay (personal taste). The same thign happened with Shadowv over Insmouth. It's one of my favourite books, but I hated the playstyle (it's perfect for that kind of stories though) I found doom scary aswell, but again, not ym piece of cake. I can honestly say taht the best horror expirience I've ever had in a game was "We don't go Ravenholdt" in Half life 2.

That said, Amnesia has a great storyline. It's somewhat similar to Lovecraft, in terms of how the story is being told.

Deleted
    Its not that great, kinda cheap looking, very boring and not all that scary...Very old fashion look about it....

Quote Originally Posted by Sant View Post
    Its not that great, kinda cheap looking, very boring and not all that scary...Very old fashion look about it....
    have you played it? could you elaborate?

Their previous game, Penumbra: Black Plague, is definitely better, yet shorter. But Amnesia is great aswell.

I didnt finish it yet but loved the game so far.

Ive heard this game is scary as all hell. However im a pussy when it comes to horror games, i turned fear off after the first door. I do not like jumpy shit