Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Seriously, don't go in expecting a scary game. Only if you find Doom3 scary (lol?), you will find this scary. Everything is easy to avoid if you use your brain.
    Sounds like you played the game with lights on and without sound. You should probably work a little on improving your own game experiences. If you don't find scary games scary, then why even play em to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Seriously, don't go in expecting a scary game. Only if you find Doom3 scary (lol?), you will find this scary. Everything is easy to avoid if you use your brain.
    I have to disagree. I didn't find Doom 3 scary in the slightest as all the "scares" were cheap with things jumping out of the dark at you, most times you could see it coming, and you could always fight back without a problem. Amnesia on the other has an amazing atmosphere that creeps you out even before you encounter any enemies, especially if you play it in the dark with headphones on as they advise you to do. Add to that the fact that you're completely helpless so you need to hide from enemies, most of the time in the dark which decreases your sanity making it harder to move and causing hallucinations, makes it a very intense and scary game.

If you immerse yourself in the game, you'll get scared, and you'll love it. If you don't, or you use cheats or exploits to negate the threat of enemies, you probably won't enjoy it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    I have to disagree. I didn't find Doom 3 scary in the slightest as all the "scares" were cheap with things jumping out of the dark at you, most times you could see it coming, and you could always fight back without a problem. Amnesia on the other has an amazing atmosphere that creeps you out even before you encounter any enemies, especially if you play it in the dark with headphones on as they advise you to do. Add to that the fact that you're completely helpless so you need to hide from enemies, most of the time in the dark which decreases your sanity making it harder to move and causing hallucinations, makes it a very intense and scary game.

If you immerse yourself in the game, you'll get scared, and you'll love it. If you don't, or you use cheats or exploits to negate the threat of enemies, you probably won't enjoy it at all.
    I tried to immerse myself, but I really saw no reason why. For me, Undying, Call of Ctulhu were better and easier to get into so to speak. Amnesia didn't really do it for me. It felt like a cheap thrillride with non that good scares.

Anyone else freaked out when they saw this hint?

"Beware when enemies are near. Turn off your lights and hide"

Doom 3 were never so scary as Amnesia. Yes, I have tried it only 2 days ago. I remember Re2 once made ~ same effect on me.
    P.S. and ofc play it at night!

Deleted
    Alright, I desided to check out the demo before buying the game... Jesus christ and i thought the Dungeons in Oblivion was scary... This game makes them look like Disney land. I've already stated that im a pussy then it comes to horror games, so I might seem alittle pathetic in my attempt to get started...

So, i tryed to do as the gamed adviced me to do by using headphones, but i didn't turn off the lights (blame me). So, then the game started I basicly couldn't make myself move the first 10 mins.
    The atmosphere and all the noises was really freaking me out.

So, when i finally desided to move around something opens a door... and I just cover my eyes in fear, although, no monster appeared (would be nice if someone told me why the door opened by itself ).

I finally got on the move again, when I suddenly hear some foot steps and pause the game...
    I resume and move alittle closer, when all of sudden the screen starts to shake and that's the moment I just exit the game.

This game is really, really scary... But i won't give up yet, Im gonna get through the demo and buy the full game. Hope you are enjoying the game...

I decided to start Amnesia again in the hope of making it to the end although I can only play it in 1hr chunks before I start getting all tense.

have to agree that the Stalker series is the next games on my list that scares, probably the cloaky bloodsucker dudes, hear a roar then the breathing, then swipe 'oh crap wut wus that!'. even with armaments it manages to feel eerie pretty much nonstop. not many games manage to pull off true fear immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by masterrofl12 View Post
    Alright, I desided to check out the demo before buying the game... Jesus christ and i thought the Dungeons in Oblivion was scary... This game makes them look like Disney land. I've already stated that im a pussy then it comes to horror games, so I might seem alittle pathetic in my attempt to get started...

So, i tryed to do as the gamed adviced me to do by using headphones, but i didn't turn off the lights (blame me). So, then the game started I basicly couldn't make myself move the first 10 mins.
    The atmosphere and all the noises was really freaking me out.

So, when i finally desided to move around something opens a door... and I just cover my eyes in fear, although, no monster appeared (would be nice if someone told me why the door opened by itself ).

I finally got on the move again, when I suddenly hear some foot steps and pause the game...
    I resume and move alittle closer, when all of sudden the screen starts to shake and that's the moment I just exit the game.

This game is really, really scary... But i won't give up yet, Im gonna get through the demo and buy the full game. Hope you are enjoying the game...
    You are literary gonna shit brix when the monsters start raping you if that's your reaction from just the intro, hehe

first time I saw monster in this game I was scared to death :P.