Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Whats feral pvp like?

Hey guys, iv just started leveling a druid as feral and iv been looking at some vids of them pvping.. and i must say they
    look really fun.. currently iv been playing a arms warrior for pvp and i want a new class to lvl up..

is it worth it? would i enjoy it more than a warrior?
    i love BGing arena and ganking (mwahaha) .. well i guess thats pvp, so yea is it worth me lvling 1 up to 85?

Cheers guys hope to join the druid team

Put up bleeds, encounter frost mage, frost nova, still rooted, still rooted, you're dead.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Put up bleeds, encounter frost mage, frost nova, still rooted, still rooted, you're dead.
    Realize you are like every other class now who lacks mobility against frost mages. Get laughed at because you complain about it. You're still dead.

I never said other classes are better against frost.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Realize you are like every other class now who lacks mobility against frost mages. Get laughed at because you complain about it. You're still dead.
    Realize you don't have any of the abilies the other melee classes have against roots/frost mages. Facepalm at special people that doesn't understand that. You're still dead
    *Kitty trollface*

10+ Year Old Account
    Err, itll be nice to answer my question..

MoRoNs
    IF You are playing any mele ABOVE 2,2k, there are no such a thing like slowed by mage, rooted or any other CC unless your teammate is beeing raped or it can't be dispelled. Everything is instant dispelled, even lol frostbolt debuff.

Deleted
    dont think he is asking what its like to fight a frost mage, so maybe people should try help him out a bit better!

I havent played feral pvp but my brother used to and rly enjoyed it,

Deleted
    Too far away.
    Too far away.
    You can't cast that yet.
    You can't cast that yet.
    Not enough energy.
    You can't do that while stunned.(/afraid/rooted)
    You can't do that while stunned.
    A greeting from the spirit healer.

If you didn't get the hint, feral pvp is as dead as an arms warrior without a dispeller watching him 24/7. Just forget about it and do something less painful- like hitting your head against the nearest wall... repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Avlli View Post
    MoRoNs
    IF You are playing any mele ABOVE 2,2k, there are no such a thing like slowed by mage, rooted or any other CC unless your teammate is beeing raped or it can't be dispelled. Everything is instant dispelled, even lol frostbolt debuff.
    So yeah - what are you trying to say? If the other team is afk your heal may be bored enough to dispell even frostbolt slow. If the other team is not afk/retardet you healer will not have time to dispell every single root/slow/cc O.o

Feral is really fun in both bg and arena. But atm they do lack in the mobility area. But next patch will hopefully breathe a little life back into feral pvp.
    My partner used to be feral but had to split up (me being ret him feral) we couldn't not down any decent healer-dps teams due to being to easily controlled.
    We still bg and Do TB(HK party when you have a healer with you) together. If you are looking into arena check out a shaman healer for 2's.
    and a hunter and shaman healer for 3's(one of the longest cc chains in the game)

I only play 5-7 games a week with my mate who rerolled and is now gearing up a new healer and need the points, but at around 2k rating we do ok, even if you really have to work for the kill. But a lot of fights comes down to making the other healer go oom, so if your healer partner isn't good at preserving mana it's pretty bad. You can't match the burst of most other speccs.

Feral is completely viable in arena. If you want to do 2s I'd pick up a resto shaman. For 3s people seem to like bleed cleave (feral/war) or feral/hunter. I'm playing with the latter comp, though I'm only like 1950 rating atm so I can't tell you how it works at higher gear ratings. Once my hunter gets some gear maybe we'll make a real push...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    Err, itll be nice to answer my question..
    The sad thing is; they actually did. :P

In my opinion, Feral PvP atm is pretty dire unless you have a friendly healer/dispeller. Bleeds are still pretty good, but we lack reliable burst, suffer energy starvation, have poor interrupts (for melee), poor survivability against magic, useless heals and are very vulnerable to CC.

Deleted
    Coming from a casual feral pvp druid - just regular bg/arena's :
    Is it worth it ? Yep. More enjoyable? I would say so.
    I prefer playing feral pvp over warrior anyway, you have a lot of tools to use (instant cyclone is awesome) and is actually really fun if you get how to play it. Though saying that if you're looking into getting high ratings in arena/rated bg's then you may find it harder to get into one than your warrior, that's what I personally think.

Bleeds are OP. Quite other things go bad.

@ OP

It's a bit like rectal surgery, but without the anesthesia.

Deleted
    Don't really see the QQ here. Feral druid is not "dead" without having a healer that spamm dispells you. You CAN kill every class/spec in game, even frost mages, if you play correctly.

What his question was it if was fun. And yes, it's very fun. Having abilitys like feral charge is just pure awesomeness. Gawd I love to jump down a hill with someone behind me and feral charge behind them whilst 1 second later they are on the ground.

Deleted
    My brother has a feral druid. He says they're fine, but not really at the top. He prefers his rogue atm

Mobility can be annoying, but Feral is one of the best specs in Arena right now.