Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Can I raid tank?...

Hi guys.
    I've been leveling a prot pala in cata and got some decent gear, but not started raiding yet.
    I just wanna know if my gear is okay for raiding?

Here's my char:
    [this is not an url]eu.battle. net/wow/en/character/outland/balzary/simple[/this is not an url] (can't post urls yet -.-)

Know there's a few dps-items ... but can't find any better waist

Please leave a comment!

10+ Year Old Account
    For clickers: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...balzary/simple

I would get the hc stamina trinket from the last boss in stonecore to boost your HP a little bit as you've only got about 137k unbuffed. Your avoidance seems fine for a starter tank tbh. Enchant your mainhand, shield, get head/shoulder enchants!, bracers, cloak, chest and feet.. and then you are good to go :P

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Do what the other poster said as well as get working on your bs/mining. Mining provides more stam for you and blacksmithing provides you with an extra gem slot to your bracers + gloves. Also, apply a belt buckle to your belt for yet another gem slot.

edit
    Looked over your spec and I don't exactly agree with each point spent where it is but, it will do. However, you should get some more glyphs to be a little more effective in 5mans as well as trash pulls. Your prime glyphs are fine, your majors you should add "Ascetic Crusader" as well as "Holy Wrath" and your minor glyphs really can be whatever you want.
    Last edited by Cyraxe; 2011-04-02 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    As said above enchant your gear, and try and get the tol'barad trinket instead of the might of the ocean, although by no means its a criteria.

Its just hit/expertise is not really a to usefull stat these days unless your a DK tank

Also, glyph slots are supposed to have glyphs in them so fix that aswell

All that stuff that you've reforged to hit and expertise, reforge it to mastery or avoidance, enchant your gear then you'll be fine for probably.. most of the normal modes.

allot of hit-rating there, i would go look for some more defensive stats.

Your spec and glyphs are wrong for raids, especially for boss tanking. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZhrhcRkdRRucbGcsVqR is the best setup for paladin boss tanking, maximizing survivability.

The Trinket from the last boss of Stonecore HC is absolutely crap, get avoidance trinkets from GB 2nd Boss and TotT 3rd Boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    # 5 empty glyph slots
    # 9 unenchanted items
    # Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle

I'd get these fixed pretty fast for starters.

Also, hit and expertise are really not needed as far as threat is concerned any more, vengeance will take care of that for you. Bosses no longer gain parry haste, so expertise is purely a threat building stat now - reforge all of this away to mastery, or, if you can't reforge to mastery, use dodge or parry.

Hit is usefull in 10 man's if you are lacking people to interrupt, but if you are not, it is purely a threat building talent, and should be reforged away as above.

Gear isn't so bad, there's a couple of pieces that could do with an upgrade, ie, the dps pieces. The trinket from stonecore has a nice ammount of stamina to get your hp up a bit, and the tol barad trinket (yes, it's a bit of a grind) is awesome for so many encounters. There are also the chest and belt you can get from blacksmithing, and as mentionned, the extra stats you can get from mining and blacksmithing too.

get some stamina trinkets(or avoidance trinkets) and gets stuff enchanted etc and i'd say you are ready to rumble.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2011-04-02 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    1) Enchants much? You're a bloody tank, you better be optimizing all you can since your gear directly affects the entire raid.
    2) Drop the hit. Get more mastery, reforge for it wherever possible. This goes for hit trinket too, get rid of it.
    3) Spec into more WoG talents, early on you'll need it and your healers who might also be in blues will appreciate it. On that note Imp Consecrate is near useless.
    4) WoG Glyph > HoR glyph unless you're add tanking on Maloriak. That's the only fight I can think of where you'll HoR on a boss.

Long story short drop the threat talents, glyphs and stats and focus on survival.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-04-02 at 01:41 PM.

Okay thanks alot guys.
    So to shorten it all down:
    1) get rid of damage/threat talent and get some surv talents (Word of glory talents)
    2) get rid of damage/threat glyphs and fill it up with surv glyphs
    3) get enchanted
    4) drop on hit/expertise unless i miss threat // how low can i drop those?

and for the 5 missing gems - i think i logged out with my healer gear (which I don't use atm)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xphilip View Post
    Okay thanks alot guys.
    So to shorten it all down:
    1) get rid of damage/threat talent and get some surv talents (Word of glory talents)
    2) get rid of damage/threat glyphs and fill it up with surv glyphs
    3) get enchanted
    4) drop on hit/expertise unless i miss threat // how low can i drop those?

and for the 5 missing gems - i think i logged out with my healer gear (which I don't use atm)
    You can raid tank with 0% hit and 10exp (from glyph). Mastery comes before either of them by a long shot.

Also be careful which threat talents you drop, some are actually pretty good. Imp Consecration is a prime candidate for removal, as is Seals of the Pure and Arbiter of the Light. Drop all 3 and pick up Pursuit of Justice, Eternal Glory and 1 point in Guarded by the Light.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be sure you know all the fights, know what your job is in that fight, communicate properly with your healers and the other tank, play defensively and least important of all, be geared.

Now I've been reforging, ALMOST reglyphing and respeccing.
    And i'm about to find an enchanter - almost exlated with therezane = shoulder enchants /yeah!

Any comments on the "new me"?

Deleted
    Now I've been reforging, reglyphing and respeccing.
    And i'm about to find an enchanter - almost exlated with therezane = shoulder enchants /yeah!

The armory still shows me the old you, if you want more feedback might have to log off so it can update.

It's updated now.

Deleted
    Better but still a few things left:

Weapon: hit -> parry
    Shield: hit -> parry
    Relic: Crit -> mastery
    Trinket: Dodge -> mastery
    Belt: crit -> parry

Spec looks good.

You're still missing a few enchants but I'm sure you know where they are.

Eventually you're gonna wanna turn all your gems into mastery. I don't think that's a huge deal though, you should be ok with some stam ones while starting out especially if you don't have a stam trinket. Mastery is awesome but you still want a decent health pool so your HP doesn't spike too hard.

Now I've been reforging, ALMOST reglyphing and respeccing.

There's still unreforged hit on your weapon and shield

Try to avoid gemming pure stamina as this tends to turn you into a mana sponge (you can take a lot of damage but also need a lot of healing).
    Especially as starting tank you want to gem for socket bonuses (as long as the socket bonus is stam/dodge/parry/mastery) as every stat that increases your survivability will help!
    As said before, mastery is your best stat, so use 40 mastery for yellow, 20 mastery 30 stam for blue and 20 mastery 20 parry for red sockets.

You're also very close with your BS to allow for 2 extra sockets (one in gloves and bracers), so that's a free extra 80 mastery!
    Also, I don't see why you spent VP on the boots. Exalted Dragonmaw give you the best tanking boots for a paladin till hard mode raiding! Try to get a refund for the boots if ya can and start doing dragonmaw quests in TH/equip tabard and run heroics.

Which enchants to use best is in the sticky on top of the paladin forums (you're best off asking there to begin with :P).
    Here's my armory for reference:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tsuharu/simple

Keep in mind these are not all the BEST enchants as I cheaped out on a few (55 stam on chest costs 6g on my server and 75 stam is over 4k, so be smart with which enchant you use on which piece, but the ones I have tend to be good cheap alternatives to the best expensive ones :P).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't take any character that can't pass the audit.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin