10+ Year Old Account

LF comp upgrade... pst

I'm getting ready to get an upgrade here in the next few weeks. I've been running wow for the past 2 years on a toshiba laptop with integrated graphics (yikes i know). I am on a budget tho. I only need the tower, I have everything else. Looking in the 600g price range. If anyone knows of a good one, or has recently purchased one they are happy with, please share. My main thing is I want to be able to raid 25s at decent settings with good framerate.

Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 11:10 AM ----------

lulz I said 600g >.< I mean $600
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Krit View Post
    I'm getting ready to get an upgrade here in the next few weeks. I've been running wow for the past 2 years on a toshiba laptop with integrated graphics (yikes i know). I am on a budget tho. I only need the tower, I have everything else. Looking in the 600g price range. If anyone knows of a good one, or has recently purchased one they are happy with, please share. My main thing is I want to be able to raid 25s at decent settings with good framerate.

Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 11:10 AM ----------

lulz I said 600g >.< I mean $600
    I'll go ahead and tell you what everyone else will say...Build your own.

Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    I'll go ahead and tell you what everyone else will say...Build your own.
    But but... $600 will get you SO much bloatware! What a deal!

What resolution is your current monitor? Knowing that helps.
    &nbsp;

If you really can't/won't build your own this is the best combo you will find, It'd be pretty hard to match this building your own tbh.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883220059 -$400

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-591-_-Product -$160 (140 after rebate)

AMD Dual core 2.8 GHz, 4GB DDR3 and a 640GB HD for $400 bucks is a sweet deal, slap the gtx 460 in there and you'll get at least 30fps in 25 man raids at high/ultra settings (shadows not max'd)

Edit: It's dual core, not quad, still a good deal though.
    Last edited by Marrowwind; 2011-04-02 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    If im getting 30 fps on High settings in 25 man with an Athlon II x3 @ 3.3ghz, then how could an Athlon II x2 @ 2.8ghz get "at least" 30 fps on high/ultra?
    2 cores at 2.8ghz cant be superior over 3 at 3.3ghz

Also how do you know that prebuilt pc has a PSU that can handle a GTX 460?
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2011-04-02 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    2 cores at 2.8ghz cant be superior over 3 at 3.3ghz
    I typed it when I thought it was quad core, it could still probably manage 30fps on high depending on the resolution.

Also how do you know that prebuilt pc has a PSU that can handle a GTX 460?
    A normal GTX 460 needs 450-500watt. A SE probably could get by with 400 and I'm pretty sure the 460 comes with 6-pin adapters. I highly doubt that it comes with anything less than a 400watt, but if it does, he could buy a http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMPSU-.../ref=pd_cp_e_0 and still be at his budget.

By all means, if you can recommend something better, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrowwind View Post
    A normal GTX 460 needs 450-500watt.
    More like, 350w+.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    More like, 350w+.
    Heh, tetris, you must have this macro'd. If you're running GPU intensive programs though, a 350W PSU won't cut it for the GTX 460.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Heh, tetris, you must have this macro'd. If you're running GPU intensive programs though, a 350W PSU won't cut it for the GTX 460.
    Since it pulls 323w from the wall on a heavily overclocked system, I would personally go for 400w if I had any intentions of overclocking, as you'd land in the 70-80% sweetspot. :P If you did no overclocking whatsoever, 350w would be plenty, though.
    &nbsp;