issue with audio on new computer.

Hey guys im having a problem with my audio not working. I turned it on last night and noticed no sound in wow i then alt tabbed thinking it was muted and saw there was a speaker with an x on it i clicked it and it popped windows troubleshooting thing and ran that and said that windows audio or other proframs are not working so i went into services.msc and went to windows audio clicked that and it gave me error 1068 i then went to windows audio endpoint builder and clicked start and it gave me error 1722. I uninstalled all the audio and game controller. Drivers and restarted. And installed the drivers from asus website per asus whom told me to do so but the drivers were old and out of date but i stil did it. And the guy also said to do the same with the chipset drivers if the audio drivers didnt fix it. And that popped up a window asking if i wanted to do that for sure or not and i wasnt completely sure i shuld do that thinking the guy on the phone didnt reaalize i had drovers.of a higher version. Should i go ahead and install older drivers? Or any other suggestions?

Specs:
    Asus p8p87 moboo
    I5 2500k cpu
    asus 460gtx fermi
    1tb hd
    60g ssd
    8gcrucial vengence ram

Deleted
    Did you mean the motherboard is the P8P67 ?

If yes, the onboard audio is: Realtek ALC892
    You could try uninstalling the asus audio drivers and get them directly from Realtek.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Still does not work :/. Like the computer detects when i plug a pair of my phones headset into the front audio socket and it detects it but the windows audio and windows audio endpoint builder still isnt working.

and yes it is the p8p67 sorry was typing the last post on my phone :X