Glyph of Mind Sear?

Just a wish of mine, for fight's like Chogal when we don't have an optimal group makeup, it would be awesome if Mind Sear slowed targets like Mind Flay. Anyone else like this?

Deleted
    what does each class have to slow the bloods?

death knight: chillblains, desecration (if used on the big add right before it dies).
    druid: hurricane, fungal growth, typhoon.
    hunter: frost trap, concussive barrage.
    mage: blast wave, blizzard (if frost), cone of cold.
    paladin: no ranged snare.
    priest: no ranged snare.
    rogue: maybe fan of knives with crippling poison?
    shaman: earthbind totem, thunderstorm.
    warlocks: shadowfury, talented rain of fire.
    warriors: piercing howl.

i find it hard to believe that you would need that glyph.

edit: added some suggestions. also, carrierz, why is this so much fail? i haven't messed up that bad?
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2011-04-02 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    death knight: nothing
    Orly?

It would be neat if Mind Sear slowed targets, but I forsee much QQ about it being used on flag carriers, forcing melee off them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted

death knight: nothing (or you should count desecration used on a faceless one right before it dies).
    hunter: frost trap, concussive barrage,
    mage: combustion, blizzard
    warlocks: nothing.
    warriors: nothing.

i find it hard to believe that you have a group with only warriors, warlocks, paladins and priests.
    Rogue has FOK with crippling poison aye, Locks have shadowfury if they spec into it ofc. Warriors can spec for piercing howl.

Really there are enough options out there already for the glyph you suggest to be a non-issue. If it's that hard then swap someone out, but I doubt very much that there isn't one (just one, thats all you need) person in the entire raid that can't aoe slow / stun. The other problem with this is that mind sear would then apply a debuff and do damage, which would make it a no brainer with every guild that has an Spriest requiring them to glyph it out for aoe slows + dps. All of the other slow abilities are a thought process, you have to think "is my loss in DPS here worth the slow" instead of it being a complete slam dunk with "lol i can do both!".

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... What? Blizzard slow is talented in frost, combustion doesn't slow. You've got cone of cold at 10 yards, blast wave for 3 seconds and a bunch of single target slows.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-04-02 at 10:23 PM.

death knight: nothing (or you should count desecration used on a faceless one right before it dies).

i find it hard to believe that you have a group with only warriors, warlocks, paladins and priests.
    so much fail in this post, srsly

Snares:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Snare#Abilities

Stuns:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Stun

We are a small guild, don't have a regular hunter, the mage we pugged was terrible. No DK. The moonkin was the only one we had who could snare, unless we could have pulled the rogue off the boss. I'm just saying it would be nice to have. Maybe make the slow only work on non-player targets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carrierz View Post
    so much fail in this post, srsly
    Yeah. I totally agree with your clever argument in all its profundity. Don't bother to make that one step out of your comfort zone to tell him what he's done wrong. Just mock him. I get what's easier about it.

Also, his point in general is viable. Wasn't failing about being completely wrong?
    But hey, his list had some flaws (cos people clearly should know every single aspect of every classe's gameplay!), so he MUST be an idiot, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    We are a small guild, don't have a regular hunter, the mage we pugged was terrible. No DK. The moonkin was the only one we had who could snare, unless we could have pulled the rogue off the boss. I'm just saying it would be nice to have. Maybe make the slow only work on non-player targets?
    Blizzard has a problem with spells having different aspects for PvE and PvP. Anyhow I believe, a slowing glyph would be too much of an enhancement for the spell, considering that you'd effectively bind a group of adds together, making it more easy for you to deal damage onto all of them, which in a way is breaking the spells facility.

Besides, be aware that Frost spells, poisons and Earth or Wind magic are based around slowing/snaring. Classes having such abilities are balanced around them. Shadow priests definitely aren't. You even might have noticed, that the developers are struggling big time with Mind Sear to balance it out properly.

Maybe for your future raid acitivity: Try to set up your raid with the classes you need. Try to find people on beforehand, just like you say you need 2 tanks and 3 healers, you'd have to say you need at least one Frost mage / DK / whatevs. I know it sounds a bit hard and sometimes it's even not possible to plan things that way, but believe me: It's better to be forced to search for that one person's character who can slow, than for every class to be able to do basically the same stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc86d70915d9; 2011-04-03 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostil View Post
    Besides, be aware that Frost spells, poisons and Earth or Wind magic are based around slowing/snaring. Classes having such abilities are balanced around them. Shadow priests definitely aren't.
    somebody forgot how mind flay works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    somebody forgot how mind flay works.
    Who has? I for one know very well how it works. And our class, for a fact, is balanced around it also having a slowing component. But as we aren't using Frost spells etc., aoe slowing isn't really something we are supposed to do, are we. There's a difference between slowing one target and slowing multiple targets, you know. And Mind Flay isn't based on it's slowing component, like say Frost Nova is based on it's freezing component as well as Frost Mages on that whole slowing/snaring/freezing thing they do.

Could be that I wasn't completely clear in that period you quoted. Well how fortunate, that my post consists of a coupla more lines. Maybe you should go back and read the rest of it to grasp the point I was trying to make, would you.
    Last edited by mmoc86d70915d9; 2011-04-03 at 06:58 PM.