Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Final fantasy thread

we can use this thread to discuss our favorite charecters, games, favorite cutscenes,and future games from the final fantasy series
    and to you I present the newest one to be released besides FFXIII-2
    http://ps3.ign.com/objects/826/826846.html
    this is FF Versus 13 idk but i love how they tied some of the futuristic elements of FFVII and old world elements from FFIX
    im really hopping this will be released in the US and not just japan (as it looks like it's a japan exclusive)

so final fantasy fans lets DISCUSS

10+ Year Old Account
    Started FFX last night, first play through. Starting off kind of slow but I'm only about an hour or two into it. (I just past the first Sin encounter in the ocean with Wakka/Yuna) The sphere system looks interesting, hopefully the story will pick up soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CoraTehEJ View Post
    Started FFX last night, first play through. Starting off kind of slow but I'm only about an hour or two into it. (I just past the first Sin encounter in the ocean with Wakka/Yuna) The sphere system looks interesting, hopefully the story will pick up soon.
    FFX was, and is the best game I've ever played on a console. God how I love that game.. Shame FFX-2 was so girlish with their dress-up.

Try not to cry on the ending.
    Hi

seriously FFX's ending is touching :P, and the sphere grid is very easy to use and the story does take a little while to pickup. the game starts to get really good after the blitzball tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah FFX was my favorite for sure. FF X2 though was kinda meh. I woulda rathered they just kept the game the same instead of changing it up and down. Of course, they change the BATTLE system and the characters, but they put us through the exact same world practically and make us fight the same monsters from the last game.

It shoulda been opposite of that. Same characters, same battle system, new levels and new monsters.

It's really the only FF I played though.... I loved Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube with my friends, but the problem is it's nearly impossible to play multiplayer. Who still has a GBA and one of those cords that connects it to a Gamecube? No one that's who ;_;

Oh, and I started playing FF 9 .... I think it was 9 the one with Vivi. I sorta ended up getting bored though. Random battles can sometimes drive me nuts. I admit though the characters were very likeable and I might try playing it again sometime, it seemed fairly nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    FF6 (3 US), and FF7 were tied for me in terms of story.

I loved both, but 6 edges out in game play to me...

I feel old.

Edit: Mind you, I did have the original FF1 cart... Battery backup died ha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    seriously FFX's ending is touching :P, and the sphere grid is very easy to use and the story does take a little while to pickup. the game starts to get really good after the blitzball tournament.
    Speaking of Blitzball, a minigame that could have been its own game had they taken the time to refine a few things. I would have bought it. I loved doing the tournament

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm coming up on the Blitzball tourny, any advice on the actually minigame itself? I heard you can actually get a weapon for Tidus via blitzball?

its for wakka, its one of his sigils for his legendary weapon. u win it in a regular tournament. now if u wanna win the tounrament in luca, learn jechtshot on the boat on the way to luca and use it wisely and play defense like a mofo, u will only have 2 jechtshots total during ur match against the goers so make them count, get in reaaaaaal close like inside the net lol, after that try to get as close as u can with Datto, he gets good later on however after tidus gets more HP he carries your team offensively.

as for other FF games, i dont quite understand all the hate directed towards FF13. i thought it was a good game and yes it was linear but cmon it did have a decent story and who could forget sazh's afro? :P the only problems i had with the game were as follows: (yes a straight line thru each level) story took a long time to progress, 3 character were favored over all others in terms of flexibility/optimization (meaning lightning,Hope, and fang) i really hope FF13-2 turns out to be better, although 13 was good on its own. also the music is ballin, and the ending sequence had a nice song attributed to it, i like that girls voice.

WALL OF TEXT CRITS FOR 234567898765 :P

I want a remade FFVII with modern graphics/gameplay and finished/complete storyline

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy 3 (US) was my favorite of the series. The train scene was just epic at the time. And I really think Kefka ranks up there with the greatest villains of all time.

Final Fantasy 2 (US) was also amazing. The dark knight and dragoon stories, and when Rydia learns the summon spells from the cave with King Bahamat. So rad.

Final Fantasy Tactics was pure enjoyment. The turn based action with the job class system played well and had a great story to tell.

I enjoyed 7 but thought 9 was better. X was not good for me and X-2 was pure garbage to me. I played 11 (online) for a bit and came away upset. Since then, I have not played another FF. Square/Enix just doesn't do it for me like Squaresoft used to.

---------- Post added 2011-04-03 at 07:28 AM ----------

And Conqq, your signature is simply amazing. =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I enjoyed 7 but thought 9 was better. X was not good for me and X-2 was pure garbage to me. I played 11 (online) for a bit and came away upset. Since then, I have not played another FF. Square/Enix just doesn't do it for me like Squaresoft used to.
    Exactly how I feel, Final Fantasy lost it's luster when it was less about a "Fantasy Adventure" and more about Moaping teenagers being pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone played Crisis Core on the PSP? I loved that one as well.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I forgot about 8. One word: Gunblade... Lol
    I didn't care for 8, but it was still better than X.

Deleted
    The timeline is fucked up, I've heard from a little bird.

i personaly love all final fantasy related games (cept 11 and 14 for obvious reasons) bein 7 on my top followed by 10 and 9.

started playin FF 7 when i was 7 and i didnt even know english by then so you can guess how that ended up... had to ask my big bro how to pass the big snake in desert, and had to stay for 20 hours+ on the dumps of golden saucer cause i didnt know wtf to do next. still havent finished that though....my last shot at the game i was on last form sephiroth and he basicly sheeped my healer and confused my cloud wich had the multiple slash hability that decimated my team...

FF 10 was another great game with great story and gameplay with great charecters and story ending though i wished 10-2 followed the same path (currently have 94% of game completed).

the only FF i lately play is the first dissidia on my psp (gonna buy duoceim when i have money for it) and 13 to complete the stone missions and achievs. dissidia takes the some of the best features of the FF franchyse imo by allowing us to pick or favorite heroes (well most of them cause i dont see any auron, vincent, barret or cid in it, hell i would also like vivi and steiner).

kingdom hearts even though it wasent a FF game actualy introduced the charecters very nicely in it and actualy deserves a golden star in my book aswell.

crysis core was a great adition to the team by showing us the events that lead to FF 7, zach was always a favorite char and it enable me to know abit more of his backstory.

and since i cant remember much more i would like to say atm i leave you with a great final fantasy video i found on youtube.

someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    i personaly love all final fantasy related games (cept 11 and 14 for obvious reasons) bein 7 on my top followed by 10 and 9.

started playin FF 7 when i was 7 and i didnt even know english by then so you can guess how that ended up... had to ask my big bro how to pass the big snake in desert, and had to stay for 20 hours+ on the dumps of golden saucer cause i didnt know wtf to do next. still havent finished that though....my last shot at the game i was on last form sephiroth and he basicly sheeped my healer and confused my cloud wich had the multiple slash hability that decimated my team...

FF 10 was another great game with great story and gameplay with great charecters and story ending though i wished 10-2 followed the same path (currently have 94% of game completed).

the only FF i lately play is the first dissidia on my psp (gonna buy duoceim when i have money for it) and 13 to complete the stone missions and achievs. dissidia takes the some of the best features of the FF franchyse imo by allowing us to pick or favorite heroes (well most of them cause i dont see any auron, vincent, barret or cid in it, hell i would also like vivi and steiner).

kingdom hearts even though it wasent a FF game actualy introduced the charecters very nicely in it and actualy deserves a golden star in my book aswell.

crysis core was a great adition to the team by showing us the events that lead to FF 7, zach was always a favorite char and it enable me to know abit more of his backstory.

and since i cant remember much more i would like to say atm i leave you with a great final fantasy video i found on youtube.

Naww. The ending of Crisis Core is so sad.
    And Zack was such an amazing character too.

Final Fantasy 7 was hands down the best one ever. In my opinion, at least.

Deleted
    Also. I personally enjoyed FF4,6,7, ultimately 8 too,9,10 and I'm also going against everyone else and say that FF 12 and 13 aren't bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantu View Post
    Naww. The ending of Crisis Core is so sad.
    And Zack was such an amazing character too.
    ya i cried at the end, i think i cried more with this one then 10
    crisis core was amazing