Deleted

Heroic Atramedes (questions)

We're looking to down this guy at some point in the near future, though, i was personally just wondering upon the main differences between 10m normal and 10HC.

From what i've been able to find there's the introduction of an add which needs interupting and killing (has 240k hp apparantly)?
    The tracking beam thing moves somewhat faster
    And there's now only half the amount of gongs meaning, i guess, 2 ground and 2 air phases?

Guessing the main thing is, there's virtually no room for error in regards to sound accumulation due to the new severe lack of gongs to save the failures in the group?

If anyone has any help and/or suggestions in how to come into this attempt then feel free and it's very much appreciated.

(We do use the left spot, right spot < > move when sound discs are coming strat also, so we are aware of that).

~

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, your raid has to be good at keeping sound low.

Searing Flames just absolutely can't get more than 1 tick off.

The adds need to be interrupted and killed immediately.

Nefarian will RANDOMLY, SOMETIMES destroy a gong when you use one--meaning, sometimes you'll have more than you plan for, but try not to use any more gongs than strictly required.

Really, though, it's not that bad. It definitely got nerfed to the ground.

Bring Swiftness Potions to avoid the instagib in the air phase. Good luck

I believe the adds have 10 man have 150k, and my suggestion is that by the time you're up to HAtramedes, then you shouldn't really have any problems with sound levels. Air phase is made pretty easy with a priest with Body and Soul on a rogue (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    B
    2 ticks can be handled with personal CD's and/or raidwall if healers are on the ball. If everyone has minimal sound it won't matter too much.

If people are bad at sound, however, 2 ticks is devastating.

Nefarian will RANDOMLY, SOMETIMES destroy a gong when you use one--meaning, sometimes you'll have more than you plan for, but try not to use any more gongs than strictly required.
    I'm pretty sure he destroys them every time you use one on ground phase. Other than the add everything is pretty much the same as normal, just less forgiving failure.

2 ticks is healable but my raid does have holy pally using aura mastery at the same time and it helps sooo much

not getin hit by sonic breath, sonic disc is same as normal but much higher sound if u do get hit and interupt the fiend

---------- Post added 2011-04-03 at 03:11 PM ----------

Basically, your raid has to be good at keeping sound low.

The adds need to be interrupted and killed immediately.

Really, though, it's not that bad. It definitely got nerfed to the ground.

Bring Swiftness Potions to avoid the instagib in the air phase. Good luck
    nef does not randomly destroy a gong... he only destroy random one if you hit a gong on ground phase (hiting one for searing flame) so u will lose one gong on air phase.
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2011-04-03 at 03:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nefarian will RANDOMLY, SOMETIMES destroy a gong when you use one.
    It's not random. Nefarian will always destroy a second gong when used in the ground phase. You have as many as you'd like in the air phase.

You effectively have 4 full ground phases and 3 full air phases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    It's not random. Nefarian will always destroy a second gong when used in the ground phase. You have as many as you'd like in the air phase.

You effectively have 4 full ground phases and 3 full air phases.
    I thought it was only if you ring one that ISN'T to stop Searing Flame in ground phase. I could be mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".

Second gong is only destroyed by nef whenyou one in ground phase, regardless of whether it's for searing flame or just to reset sound, anyone know if his targeting bug is fixed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, we split our raid into 3 main groups.

The tank
    The ranged/heals
    Melee

Ranged stood on Atra's left side, Melee were on their own mostly behind him, and the tank was front and center. Adds have very low health, so 2-3 people with burst capability can take them down before you even need 2 interrupts. Stuns work on them, but I don't know if it keeps them from casting.
    Other than this and the gong situation, the fight is essentially the same, if a little less forgiving. Not too difficult once you get the rhythm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".