Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I played Legend of Dragoon with a friend (switching off) all the way through. Great game.
    Final Fantasy 9 - awesome.
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater (epic!).
    And of course... Vigilante 8 (haha).

ff 7/8/T
    Star Ocean 2
    Armored Core 2
    Monster Hunters

Legend of Dragoon is overrated

Wish i never sold my PS1, i had a ton of fun games for it. But i have managed to save my Amiga1200 and 2GB of games for that at least Ah the times when 2gb of harddrives seemed sooooo extreme

Original Worms anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Legend of Dragoon is overrated
    So is ff7 but it's still a good game

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    LEGEND of the DRAGOON + LEGEND OF LEGAIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome ps1 game.. I even skipped school just to play those games when i was a kid

Deleted
    FF 7-9, Anthology, Tactics,
    Front mission 3
    syphon filter 1
    chrono cross and trigger
    Grandia
    Wild arms 1 and 2
    Breath of fire 3
    Vagrant story
    Vandal hearts
    Alundra
    Last edited by mmocc7f85e81ec; 2011-04-03 at 05:56 AM.

I loved Twisted Metal, Jet Moto and Final Fantasy Tactics. I played the shit out of FFT!

Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    FF 7-9, Anthology, Tactics,
    Front mission 3
    syphon filter 1
    chrono cross and trigger
    Grandia
    Wild arms 1 and 2
    Breath of fire 3
    Vagrant story
    Vandal hearts
    If u has Suikoden 1/2 and Star ocean 2 on that list i'd say i love you

-Watching my brother play MGS
    -Bomberman World
    -Spyro 1,2,3
    -Crash 3
    -Tony Hawk 2
    -Dave Mierra's BMX 1
    and more...

Oh jeez, nostalgia trip x1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

What was PSX and what was PS2 is a bit blurry but:

FF7, FF8 was good for customization but the story was bloody pathetic, 9 was in terms of mini games the best FF ever.

Legend of the Dragoon was good, but very easy with an obvious storyline. Unknown to most, overrated by the rest.

Xenogears, best console game ever.

Legend of Legaia, for a game that was fun, but still extremely difficult at times. Gameplay was love/hate.

Castlevania:SOTN, most amazing castlevania game ever imo. Truly a side scrolling game done right.

To be honest, this is just the tip of a very very large iceberg, psx/ps2 era was equal to the SNES in terms of console gaming. Been downhill since, though I expect another upturn eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faelorn View Post
    If u has Suikoden 1/2 and Star ocean 2 on that list i'd say i love you

Never played either I'm afraid

awesome that people know legend of legaia and dragoon, i still own both the games, idk if the discs work, but they are awesome games!

i never beat LoDragoon, but i got to the last boss. And i never beat legaia, those games were actually tough! i liked em a lot tho

oh yeah, i destroyed FF7 (which i also still have) and megaman X 4 and 5 are two of my most played games

OH YEAH chrono cross too!

i think i might own that game? idr
    Last edited by wakeskater; 2011-04-03 at 06:04 AM.

Final Fantasy 7/8/9/Tactics
    Suikoden 1/2
    Star Ocean 2
    Chrono Cross
    Street Fighter Alpha 2/3
    Resident Evils
    Tony Hawk's Pro skater 2

Duken nukem time to kill, fuckin' 'nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I must say, i am amazed at how many people have played legend of the dragoon wow!

Its a basic RPG, much like final fantasy. An epic 4-disk story line based in a mythical world. The main characters find dragoon spirits (who are like final fantasy Xs over drives, or summons or something), who help you war with the opposing faction (whos name i forget). Its a terrific game and i really recommend playing it somehow
    I seem to be one of the few people who disliked Legend of Dragoon. I didn't think it was terrible, but I remember the translation being distractingly poor, and I disliked the combat system that everyone else seems so fond of. I came to that game straight from the Final Fantasy series, where you pick your abilities from a menu. The whole timing/combo system just irritated me. I remember thinking that if I'd wanted to do something like that, I'd be playing a fighting game.

I also thought it was a bit of a stretch that every single person in your party just happens to be the only person on earth who could possibly have bound with that dragon spirit! And then one of the characters dies, and you just happen to come across the only OTHER person that could have used that dragon spirit! And then you meet a random little girl in a village, and SHE can use the dragon spirit!

I dunno... I get why people liked it. It wasn't a terrible game or anything. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

On-topic: I spent more time with Twisted Metal 2 than I did any other PS1 game, I think. Final Fantasy 7 and 9 were both absolutely awesome. There were others, but its been a long time.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it was a few diffrent games:

1) FF VII
    2) Tomb Raider
    3) Road Rash 3D

Deleted
    Tomb raider
    Crash Bandicoot
    Spyro
    Abe's Oddysee

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot View Post
    I seem to be one of the few people who disliked Legend of Dragoon. I didn't think it was terrible, but I remember the translation being distractingly poor, and I disliked the combat system that everyone else seems so fond of. I came to that game straight from the Final Fantasy series, where you pick your abilities from a menu. The whole timing/combo system just irritated me. I remember thinking that if I'd wanted to do something like that, I'd be playing a fighting game.

I also thought it was a bit of a stretch that every single person in your party just happens to be the only person on earth who could possibly have bound with that dragon spirit! And then one of the characters dies, and you just happen to come across the only OTHER person that could have used that dragon spirit! And then you meet a random little girl in a village, and SHE can use the dragon spirit!

I dunno... I get why people liked it. It wasn't a terrible game or anything. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

On-topic: I spent more time with Twisted Metal 2 than I did any other PS1 game, I think. Final Fantasy 7 and 9 were both absolutely awesome. There were others, but its been a long time.
    Not at all! you make a good point and i never thought of it that way. The story isnt really up to final fantasy standards, but for a 3rd party game its pretty good. As for the timing thing, i love reaction commands, so that game worked perfect for me. Im a very binary person so being able to not have to decided between 14 different spells, a melee attack and a special attack is just too much for me. Moreso, of all the final fantasy games iv played, iv mostly just enjoyed the non-atb, turn-based ones. All in all, it is just preference

Legend of Dragoon was simply amazing, id still play it now if i had a PS1 honestly.

Deleted
    First time playing FFVII, completed it at 100% and hated every moment of it. But as an FF geek I had to finish it
    For me the best memories:

Croc
    FFVIII
    Castlevania SOTN
    MGS