Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Making Gold With Eng

Hey, guys. So I just dropped Mining for Eng with my Hunter. I easily found some info on making gold with JC, which helped me powerlevel Eng.

Anyways, I'm having a hard time figuring out a way to make gold with Eng. I don't have Mining on any alts.

The income from my JC is purely buying ores and vendoring cut gems. Any advice? I'm assuming I might be better of investing time/gold with shuffling ores with JC than bother crafting things with Eng and AHing.

Vanity pets. That's really the only source of gold Engineering has; it's most definitely not a profession you take because you want to make money.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    some of the scopes might be decent, but you sort of screwed yourself dropping mining imo. One of the better things about engineering is the item that adds vio airs to the cata mining nodes.

Vanity pets (tranquil mech yeti used to make MUCH MUCH bank)

I wanted to improve my DPS from Synapse Springs. I will be honest, I'm starting to regret it. I wish I went with BS for constant +80 Agi.

In my defense, I have yet to go Gnome or Goblin and haven't acquired the "fun" skills to fully experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis1 View Post
    I wanted to improve my DPS from Synapse Springs. I will be honest, I'm starting to regret it. I wish I went with BS for constant +80 Agi.

In my defense, I have yet to go Gnome or Goblin and haven't acquired the "fun" skills to fully experience it.
    If you time your cooldowns with it while at the same time using the synapse springs as close to on-cooldown as possible, it will give far more dps than the constant +80 agility ever could, so I certainly would not regret it for that reason.

I personally use a macro for Synapse Springs which is bound to my Sinister Strike.

That way I can be assured that the Tinker is being used 100% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=34060 go for 2000g on my server---no idea why.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis1 View Post
    Hey, guys. So I just dropped Mining for Eng with my Hunter. I easily found some info on making gold with JC, which helped me powerlevel Eng.

Anyways, I'm having a hard time figuring out a way to make gold with Eng. I don't have Mining on any alts.

The income from my JC is purely buying ores and vendoring cut gems. Any advice? I'm assuming I might be better of investing time/gold with shuffling ores with JC than bother crafting things with Eng and AHing.
    ... If you went ENG for anything but self fun, you're an idiot.

No, that's not trolling, no, that's not being rude, it's just a fact of life.

Engineering does nothing but give you a few fun things like rocket boosts (NOT 'boots'), a shield generator, and the ever handy Jeeves. It also makes a few pets and gives you a low level fish feast (equivalent to the Broiled Dragon Feast) that's relatively cheap in comparison to its cooking counterpart, but honestly, ENG got the short end of the stick with this expansion.

I kept ENG from BC, and I didn't drop it until this expansion. Good riddance, IMO.

But yeah, you CAN'T turn a profit from ENG, so don't even bother trying to discover a way.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Your best bet is to just make a farming alt with herbing and mining. That's how I used to make all my gold. Engineering just wont cut it.

Deleted
    Craft mekgineer's choppah, then sell. Few K's for a few mins work.

People don't realize this, but either one of the two rare quality ranged weapons an engineer makes can go for 5k.

The mats cost maybe 2-2.5k.

Step 3: Profit. (Until 4.1, when an epic bow drops from heroics.)
    Last edited by TiredTofu; 2011-04-04 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Clarified

You could make the ilvl346 bows/guns. They go for about 3~4k gold on my server. Just buying the mats during weekdays, is abit under 3k gold. About 500~1000 gold profit. Doing this once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

No, that's not trolling, no, that's not being rude, it's just a fact of life.

Engineering does nothing but give you a few fun things like rocket boosts (NOT 'boots'), a shield generator, and the ever handy Jeeves. It also makes a few pets and gives you a low level fish feast (equivalent to the Broiled Dragon Feast) that's relatively cheap in comparison to its cooking counterpart, but honestly, ENG got the short end of the stick with this expansion.

I kept ENG from BC, and I didn't drop it until this expansion. Good riddance, IMO.

But yeah, you CAN'T turn a profit from ENG, so don't even bother trying to discover a way.
    You are an idiot if you believe this. Its certainly not a money spinner but is a dps boost for most classes.
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    at the very start of the expac I spent about 200g buying mats for the miniature void reaver and sold it for 2k a pop before people figured out how to get it.

Riiight. Str/Agi/Intellect glove enchants. Sound familiar? Also calling people idiots, aspecially when it's based on nothing than limited brain function is cause for at least a slap on the wrists from the mods.

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 10:25 AM ----------

If your primary concern is gold, lvl a tauren druid with mining/herbalism. If you want top notch raid perks get engineering plus another crafting profession like JC/BS/etc. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Chronnos; 2011-04-04 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    You are an idiot if you believe this. Its certainly not a money spinner but is a dps boost for most classes.
    Engineering is by far the best dps profession. That said you're taking a massive loss unless you got other way to make gold.
    For instance i found tailoring to be very good. blue crafted, epic crafted and best of all i dont need any sillly gathering profession to gather mats.

Selling pets is a good source of money for me. And there's hardly any work involved, as I usually buy all mats from the AH.

The Squirrel, Pet Bombling and Lil' Smokey sell reasonably well and have a small profit (20 to 50g per pet, more if lucky). I often sell several each day.

I make most money from selling Yeti's. They go for around 250-300g. Problem with those sometimes though is getting globes of water. I hate farming those and sometimes prices in AH are ridiculous.

Also selling 346 guns/bows is a nice profit, scopes usually are not worth it on my server. They often sell for less than material costs.

Unfortunately, my server is populated with tons of farmers and tons of people who work the ah. It is also heavily populated. The guns/bows are actually selling for less then the mats to create them. I have tried selling pets and even they are not bringing in a profit. I have looked at other trades and other then gathering professions on my server none of them are profitable.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=34060 go for 2000g on my server---no idea why.
    The materials alone can sell for more then 2k though. I find selling engineering parts like the tubes and bolts of different varieties to be better for making gold. Personal World Destroyer only goes for 500g on my server, which is decent if you have a ton of extra mats lying around and want to make some quick cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Vanity pets. That's really the only source of gold Engineering has; it's most definitely not a profession you take because you want to make money.
    This is what I do. I don't make a ton, mostly due to how easy it is to flood the market, but on a good day I can make 1.5-2k at the cost of about 200-300g.