Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialwing View Post
    Evony and Adventure quest:3
    Hardly obscure, those games were soooo bad

Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood

I haven't even heard of the game till I saw it on my cousin's Xbox 360 game list. Glad I did to. Can't think of anything more obscure then that. I don't play a lot of unknown games.
    http://thegamerclown.blogspot.com
    News, reviews, and plenty of gaming humor. New posts every Sunday.
    Latest Post: April 28, 2011 "Spine Ripping Good Fun"

Darklands. 1992 Dos. From microprose.

The setting for Darklands was medieval Europe as the inhabitants thought the world was at the time. While the game in the towns and cities was modeled on actual life, Dragons, Kobalds, Giant Spiders, and witches existed in the hinterlands. It was a nice ploy to make a fantasy game in historical medieval Europe. In addition to adversaries, the players characters can affect events in the game by praying to saints or 'cast spells' by brewing up alchemical potions.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Myst series would definately have to be on the list. Another Cyan game would be Manhole, which, playing as a kid, was pretty bloody odd.
    Also Machinarium (similar gameplay style to Myst but much better Art and Music).

Not sure how Black & White, Psychonauts, or Myst are obscure...

My favorite obscure game is "Spirit of Excalibur" Mix of RTS, side scrolling fighting, and RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    the baldies (aka Skull Caps) dat was 1 awesome game, too bad I cant find it anymore :-(

Is Akuji the Heartless for PS1 obscure? I remember the demo on Gex 3 Deep Cover Gecko disc lol.

Psychonauts for the Ps2 surely is one of the most obscure and weird games I've played, but it was entertaining none the less

Edit: Damn got beaten to it, by a mile :/

Too Human?
    Get down, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    The Myst series would definately have to be on the list.).
    I wonder about obscure. I play a lot of games that I've rarely met other people who played them, but I always thought they had to be kind of popular.

For me the list might include Myst, Master of Orion II, Star Control and Star Control II. Falcon 3.0, Independence War, Colony Wars.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy Legend III for the original Gameboy. not that it was a great, groundbreaking game, but it was a lot of fun; seems nobody I ever talked to played any of 'em

edit: to Barreveler: Master of Orion II was bloody AWESOME... God I wish they hadn't screwed up so bad with III...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Does Spiderman: Maximum Carnage for the SNES count as obscure? My cousin and I played the SHIT out of that game. We finally settled on a system (after we'd both beaten it a dozen times apiece) where he would play through the game (he was fantastic at icon conservation, but not so hot at actual gameplay) and then I'd fight the bosses (I was excellent at the gameplay, but I'd squander my icons constantly). Ahhh, memories...
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Heroes Quest. Renamed to Quest for Glory: So You Want To Be A Hero?

The first adventure-RPG to take hold and was a great game, had simple commands and a very interactive interface for its day.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    *sigh* Obscure is a hard word for people to understand it seems.

ob·scure
       [uhb-skyoor] Show IPA adjective, -scur·er, -scur·est, verb, -scured, -scur·ing, noun

–adjective
    (of meaning) not clear or plain; ambiguous, vague, or uncertain: an obscure sentence in the contract.

not clear to the understanding; hard to perceive: obscure motivations.

(of language, style, a speaker, etc.) not expressing the meaning clearly or plainly.

indistinct to the sight or any other sense; not readily seen, heard, etc.; faint.

inconspicuous or unnoticeable: the obscure beginnings of a great movement.

of little or no prominence, note, fame, or distinction: an obscure french artist.

Note #6 please people.. don't say games like Lost Vikings, Ikaruga, Morrowind etc. A lot of people played those games, you just have to find people who actually had the games when they were new.

New one for my list:

Dark Cloud, not that obscure really. But not a lot of people know it. Mostly because the first one sucked and the second one Dark something (forgot the name) was even worse.
    I think it's interesting that you quote the definition of obscure and then say that a game that was a Greatest Hits title on the most popular console of all time and had a sequel (Dark Cloud 2) is the title you throw out directly under the definition. I'd wager that way more people played Dark Cloud than ever looked at a niche bullet-hell shooter like Ikaruga.

I don't know if it's obscure, but anyway.

Outcast, heres some screenshots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadlock 2 Shrine Wars.

Anyone else ever play that? Turn based strat.. ahh it was so much fun. Spent countless hours there

Mystic Quest for SNES and Shark Shark for Intellivision

Nocturne...had to be played with the lights off and blinds closed and even a towel across the bottom of the door so NO light got in the damn room.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Dungeon Keeper 2
    Dune (the first RPG Game i loved it)
    Evil Zone for PS1

Only game people have heard of is Dungeon Keeper 2 but so far its realy rare that aswell :/
    I LOVED the dungeon keeper series. Brilliant humor and brilliant, twisted gameplay. You can blame EA and to a lesser extent Harry Potter for there being no more sequels after the outstanding DK 2. (EA basically left it to rot when they bought out Bullfrog, and slapped a fair amount of the original DK team onto Mr.Plopper). /sadface

As for obscure games, anybody play "Adom", the dos based text dungeon game. Now that was basic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Merlin's Revenge 1-4. Still the best flash games of all time and by far the most underrated flash game in existence.