Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Look at it this way: If you never take the plunge into building your own systems then you'll always be forced to pay a premium for having someone else assemble it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I think the hardest part for me was putting the standoffs in the right spot. -.-
    Hardest part for me was putting the standoffs in and screwing the graphics card in as of the tablets i was on at the time made me so jittery :P

But yeah.. i built my 1st PC like.. a year? or so ago. Tbh id start small like.. dont buy massivly overpriced items like i7s and GTX 1946483463 cards. as i made a few mistakes on my 1st build and now iv done it like another time after (or a few when i changed case) its alot easier to do. Only problem im having now is overclocking my 1055T incase i make it go pop as i dont have any money for a new one lol.

Id say start small, if you can get an old PC take it apart FULLY and rebuild the whole thing so you get the gist of where things go and how things connect. Just dont use maganised screwdrivers anything static / magnetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever had to change the heatsink from that of an air cooled GPU to a liquid cooled GPU? Most nerve wracking thing I've done-- ever.

Deleted
    I did it with very little inside computer knowledge, just keep Google open on another comp or whatever has net access and just find some step by steps.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intel CPU's seem to be a little more challenging to seat than AMD. The only other thing that I've found is a pain is connecting the tiny connectors for the case, like the front USB ports and whatnot. You may need to read through the motherboard manual to figure out where they go if the motherboard isn't labeled.