Windows not showing up

I'm still having this problem when I turn my computer on and any windows ui related thing won't show up. I can't think of a single thing, it used to just be I turned it on, messed up once so I restart it, then it'll work. But no not this morning, the only time I can get anything to show up is if I go into safemode. Tried looking for similar problems online but couldn't find any solutions, I was told before to check if my cables were all connected right and they are.

What exactly happens: turn computer on, loading windows screen comes up, that goes away and it's just a black screen with my cursor. I can type my password in and it'll load but when my desktop comes up all I see is my wallpaper and cursor still. I tried doing ctrl alt del but that jus turns the screen black.

This wasn't so bad when it just did it once.. But now that I can't get anything to show I really need some help. I'm using Windows 7 by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try doing CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE to get the task monitor thing to pop up. Does that work? If it does, can you see explorer.exe in the processes list? If that does not show up in the list, fire up a new process/task named explorer.exe.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.