Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Jider Solos C'thun & Twin Emperors, Tanking Heirlooms, Maelstrom Crystals in 4.1

Heirloom Tanking Items introduced in Patch 4.1
    New heirlooms have been added in the latest build of PTR 4.1. A tanking set is now available from vendors and should make leveling instances much more enjoyable for everyone. Apparently, these new items are available from your regular heirlooms vendors.

Maelstrom Crystals for Honor/Justice in Patch 4.1
    You might hate or love this change depending how much time you spend speculating at the AH, but Maelstrom Crystal will be available from Honor and Justice points vendors in Patch 4.1. Someone pointed out that I never posted the price for those, there, have a screenshot.

Jider (Rogue) Solos C'thun & Twin Emperors
    You might remember Jider from his past videos of Grobulus and Patchwerk solo kill a few months ago, he's now back in a new video featuring a very ... interesting solo kill of the Twin Emperors and C'thun as a rogue!

From Jider
    Phase 1 of C'Thun is quite simple, damage the Eye of C'Thun until 0% which then triggers Phase 2. This phase is significantly more difficult. To start, C'thun has a shield reducing all damage taken by 99% and various adds will spawn throughout the fight. Shortly after Phase 2 begins you will be eaten by a tentacle which is unavoidable and once you are inside his stomach you must kill two Flesh Tentacles to weaken and bring down his shield. The reason this fight was thought to be impossible to solo is after seven seconds of being in the tentacle room you instantly die if you are attempting the encounter alone. Normally, to get out of his stomach you must reach the platform in the center between the two tentacles inside but seven seconds is not enough time to do this.

So, after some theory-crafting I set out to apply clever use of game mechanics and soon enough had a working strategy. I would now pull Ouro to C'Thun's room. Like most bosses when you attempt to evade them they will port you directly to them so I used this ability to my advantage in Phase 2. Once eaten Ouro would perform the necessary task of porting me out and to increase DPS time on the tentacles inside I changed races to Goblin for the Rocket Jump ability. I also changed my spec to subtlety for shadowstep and finally leveled up Engineering for Tazik Shocker (glove enchant). Combined, these three abilities gave me enough time to do damage to the Flesh tentacles and eventually weaken C'Thun and brought the encounter down to a reasonable two hours.

Twin Emperors Explained : Both Emperors share the same health, When one loses health so does the other. Using good timing i pulled Vek'nilash alone while Vek'lor remained out of combat. There for they would not use teleport. And since they are split up they can not heal. Vek'nilash is immune to magic and can only be damaged by physical damage which is why i chose him. Vek'lor is immune to physical damage and can only be damaged by magic. When Vek'nilash dies so does his brother Vek'lor even though he is out of combat.

The MMO Report
    It's time for another MMO Report!

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-04-10 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    don't you mean honor and justice points? D= They are J's in the screenie!

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    don't you mean honor and justice points? D= They are J's in the screenie!
    I don't expect people to read the stuff I write before the screenshots.

Fixed!

Very impressive kill!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

nooo why don't the dps heirlooms look that cool ;<<

Wtb more heirloom pants!

wee nice tankin looms! finnaly! been using the warrior gear for tankin when lvling untill now ;D

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    About time we get tanking heirlooms! Sadly I've already leveled a warrior and paladin to 80, but oh well... Better late than never.

3750 Honor points 0_o

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whaat? Where do you get the pants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Still no shield? Draconian Deflector would be ideal!

Nice job Jider, your solo vids are always interesting.

And glad to see Maelstrom Crystals will be rather expensive, but I forsee the price still coming down a lot considering all the ZA/ZG loot that will be getting DE'd.

Deleted
    Since when we have heirloom legs?

wtb the plate DPS heirlooms looking that good.

hmmm the heirlooms go to 85.. will the exp bonus work till then as well?

Boub, any idea if you can get the new heirlooms with Champion's seals?

Also, Jider is a beast!

"Ok guys, let's implement good tanking gear! AND WAIT, HOW ABOUT STILL NO SHIELD?!"

Yeah...

and Ylera to my knowledge ZA/ZG items cant be dusted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose1984 View Post
    hmmm the heirlooms go to 85.. will the exp bonus work till then as well?
    atleast they should