Poll: Will you quit WoW to play Guild Wars 2?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will you quit WoW to play Guild Wars 2?

I'll set up a poll, give me sometime. I vote yes because I have already quitted WoW, I'm waiting now.

If you don't play WoW because you quitted a short/long time ago, and have planned to play GW2, vote yes.
    Last edited by mmocca73de2419; 2011-04-04 at 03:46 PM.

I vote yes, GW2 looks like a genre changing game imo

No, because I quit wow for the most part about 3 months ago. Probably by the time GW2 comes out, I'll have quit totally.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I vote yes, GW2 looks like a genre changing game imo
    I second this. The game is revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    I second this. The game is revolutionary.
    I'm most excited about the removal of the "triage of mmo's" and real-time battles, like you have to dodge attacks otherwise you die, etc.

It looks like I'll end up playing both at least a while. Maybe even Tera too, time will show.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

I won't quit WoW because of it, but I'll definitely give it a shot. Looks amazing.

Deleted
    I'll play bot, my rogue in wow and an assasin in gw2 ^^

Deleted
    I'm most excited about the removal of the "triage of mmo's" and real-time battles, like you have to dodge attacks otherwise you die, etc.
    And being competitive without having to group with specific classes / proffesions compositions...

---------- Post added 2011-04-03 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by katsumo View Post
    I'll play bot, my rogue in wow and an assasin in gw2 ^^
    You'll play bot? please no botters!

And being competitive without having to group with specific classes / proffesions...
    Yeah, strategy will be the deciding factor in this game, not purely gear like in WoW

I will try the game and if i enjoy it keep playing it, and then if it gets to the point where im on guildwars all the time and never on wow. THEN i will quit. i know right, playing two games at once. crazy
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

Deleted
    I've already quit WoW to build my Hall of Monuments up in GW1 ready for GW2 launch, so no...but yes I'll be swapping.

Unless something goes horribly wrong and they totally screw it up, I fully plan on GW2 being my MMO of choice. That being said, I barely play wow now so I don't know if I'll even be playing wow by the time GW2 comes out anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll play gw2 as main mmo, and if I have the time for it, tor as second one but with skyrim coming out too, i doubt i'll have time left

Deleted
    GW2 is free to play, you just have to buy the key to create an account. So, I'll play both.

I *might* try playing both...I still thoroughly enjoy raiding in WoW and I don't expect another game to deliever anything close to that for some time yet, but currently thats only 6 hours a week and I don't find myself spending a lot of time on WoW anymore otherwise....which I guess is a good thing in a way. But the fact that there is no monthly fee is quite attractive....and graphically, the game looks amazing, whereas Rift does not to me....I like the way WoW looks more than Rift.

Deleted
    Yeah, strategy will be the deciding factor in this game, not purely gear like in WoW
    Yeah.. the skill makes the difference. More like an FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. the skill makes the difference. More like an FPS.
    without stupid kill streak rewards

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I *might* try playing both...I still thoroughly enjoy raiding in WoW and I don't expect another game to deliever anything close to that for some time yet, but currently thats only 6 hours a week and I don't find myself spending a lot of time on WoW anymore otherwise....which I guess is a good thing in a way. But the fact that there is no monthly fee is quite attractive....and graphically, the game looks amazing, whereas Rift does not to me....I like the way WoW looks more than Rift.
    We still don't know anything about true endgame content in GW2, but there'll be dynamic events with giant bosses. that's for sure. and 5 man dungeons (which will be far better than any 5 man dungeons in wow atm, imo)

We still don't know anything about true endgame content in GW2, but there'll be dynamic events with giant bosses. that's for sure. and 5 man dungeons (which will be far better than any 5 man dungeons in wow atm, imo)
    Shatterer is a "raid boss" in the sense of the word