Online games for the whole family

I'm at college, and recently I've taken to playing Wizard101 with my younger sisters back home. What are some other good online games to play? MMO or otherwise, so long as it's multiplayer.

Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

... World of Warcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTailedFox View Post
    Hello Kitty Island Adventure.
    Totally not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by icomma View Post
    I'm at college, and recently I've taken to playing Wizard101 with my younger sisters back home. What are some other good online games to play? MMO or otherwise, so long as it's multiplayer.
    Not played it in YEARS but I would imagine doing quests together on Runescape would be 'fun' (not my kind of thing though)

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    ... World of Warcraft?
    May wish to fix your sig. Its way too big
    Last edited by chris1554; 2011-04-03 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris1554 View Post
    May wish to fix your sig. Its way too big
    I appreciate your input and respect your opinion.

Runescape was mentioned, I would recommend that too. Though I'm not sure why. It's a terribly grindy game with awful graphics and a laughable combat system that still managed to entertain me for years. It has some weird charm, I s'pose.

Wizard101 is probably one of the best ones out there.

How old are your sisters, exactly?

Hmm trying to think of maybe a cartoon game with magic and animal people, maybe with cute pets and a prince and I dunno maybe a shiny pony you can ride on. Can't think of one. Is lego Island an MMO yet?

Try Holy Beast Online... it wasn't my cup of tea but your sisters might like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maple story since everything is all cute and chibi.

My family played toontown before WoW. They all loved it. It's a turn based style mmo with crappy graphics, but it is good for young kids. It's based on disney characters, if you have never seen it before.

I didn't like it (too simple and mundane) but my 10yo niece and my 55 yo mom played the game for 3 years and loved it.
    Last edited by barker; 2011-04-04 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate your input and respect your opinion.

Runescape was mentioned, I would recommend that too. Though I'm not sure why. It's a terribly grindy game with awful graphics and a laughable combat system that still managed to entertain me for years. It has some weird charm, I s'pose.
    Wasn't really his opinion, he was trying to help you from an infraction
    OT: Wizard 101, Maybe freerealms , and depending on their age and if you want to put out hte money wow, oh, and Minecraft, will take a bit of work to get the server up, but it would be great fun for you all imo

Quote Originally Posted by icomma View Post
    when i moved away my younger siblings, my mom, and i all played runescape together (i know, "LOLRUNESCAPE") then about a year after wow came out we all started playing that together. there's nothing like slaying internet dragons to make you feel close to your loved ones while you're several states away! ;p

Deleted
    http://pangya.ntreev.net/

Addictive once you get used to the game and its mechanics, you can pull off some awesome shots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    How old are your sisters, exactly?
    Taken out of context this could be an amazing statement

... World of Warcraft?
    Not for younger children... definitely not, there's way too much going on in WoW that kids just don't need to be exposed to lol
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

... World of Warcraft?
    I constantly keep reading threads from grownups whining about how kids are playing the game.
    For the sake of those whiny adults, don't recommend WoW.

Frankly, when I played WoW, I was very happy my kid can't read yet, so she doesn't see what gets printed in chat. But when some older kids came over, I had to leave the city and hope for nothing too dumb in gchat.

Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    Taken out of context this could be an amazing statement
    Yes, I realized that as soon as I posted it. lol

well... funcom has came out (i think) with a game called pets vs monsters that based for kids to play go on funcom.com

Wizard101 is actually all you really need for family MMO action, I think..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Maple story since everything is all cute and chibi.
    Avoid MapleStory Global like the plague. It makes the WoW community look like a well-organised group of upstanding citizens in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down