Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Inner Will vs. Inner Fire

Now, I am starting to get back to my priest, the toon I've been playing since the beginning of BC. This new ability, Inner Will, has really thrown me off. I see all kinds of priests, in top level guilds, using both abilities for either spec.

I need to know this: Which one do you use for PvE Holy?

In general, Inner Fire will be the goto spell, but there are situations where Inner Will is important. Basically, if you're in a situation where high mobility is important, or where you're running into mana problems and casting a lot of instants, Inner Will may prove useful. Chances are, however, that generally the additional throughput from Inner Fire will outweigh the mana savings from Inner Will in raid content, particularly with how powerful PoH is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inner will when specced into in the disc tree gives even more of a movement speed bonus. Which is great for PvP when melee is not on you and you are trying to break away.
    Q u o t e:
    I hear the most interesting man in world kites Frost Mages as a Warrior.

Well, most of my abilities in Holy are instant cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq View Post
    In general, Inner Fire will be the goto spell, but there are situations where Inner Will is important. Basically, if you're in a situation where high mobility is important, or where you're running into mana problems and casting a lot of instants, Inner Will may prove useful. Chances are, however, that generally the additional throughput from Inner Fire will outweigh the mana savings from Inner Will in raid content, particularly with how powerful PoH is.
    ^ This. I save Inner Will for the high mobility fights where u can't stop and cast regularly, so instead resort to spreading Renews out to the party... that way ur getting the best of both perks of the ability: instant cast mana savings as well as the movement bonus to get urself outta fire quickly. Otherwise like Zeuq said, stick with Inner Fire unless you're noticing a lot of mana shortages on things like trash packs (although that's highly dependent on the quality of ur group).

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally run with Inner Will for the added movement increase (I got points in Inner Sanctum) and I try to switch to Inner Fire before massive AoE hits me (I'm not very good at this).
    Overall Inner Fire might be the best to be in, except for mobility fights/phases, so I'm probably doing it wrong .
    Resurrected Holy Priest

PvE holy, most of your healing spells are AoE, so Inner Fire > Inner Will! <-- you can always get lavawalker enchant for the added 8% movement speed boost for mobility, if you have the gold for it! Inner Fire gives ya 532 spellpower, which helps a lot with throughput!

15+ Year Old Account
    Get a macro to switch between them in preparation for what you expect to cast.
    Going to heal up a lot of aoe damage using PoH? swap to inner fire before the damage occurs.
    Going to pre-shield a bit or throw out mostly instants? swap to inner will.

Deleted
    I'm in Inner Will almost all the time as disc - shields chew too much mana otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by alexyuh123 View Post
    Well, most of my abilities in Holy are instant cast.
    what?

Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Themegatron View Post
    what?
    Must be one of those people.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Inner fire Inner fire Inner fire.

Want me to say it again?

Inner fire.

The only situation where Inner will is viable is if you're shield spamming as disc or if you really really need the extra movement speed (ie atramades 10 hc airphase)

well seeing as i mostly pvp as holy nowadays i sit in inner will (sitting in sanctuary chakra, casting mostly instants cause being locked out sucks) and when ppl start to attack me i switch to inner fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

As PvE holy, I almost never switch out of inner fire. The extra SP (and lol armor) far outweighs the mana reduction and movement speed. For movement fights, we have B&S for a reason. If you are really desperate, you can do +movement on your boots but that is IMO overkill for many specs/classes that have +speed/movement abilities and holy priest is no exception.

When I heal as Disc I keep Inner Will up, makes Power Word: Shield MUCH more effecient.

Deleted
    Yeah as disc i'm almost always using Inner Will simply for the added shield efficiency, however i would consider using Inner fire on some fights that require less movement/more casts i.e Magmaw/Chimaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a contest, neither a debate. Inner Fire > Inner Will.

The extra throughput from Fire "saves" more mana than Inner Will does. The only time Inner Will could be useful is for the speed, which is never a requirement. So no, i never, ever, use Inner Will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    This isn't a contest, neither a debate. Inner Fire > Inner Will.

The extra throughput from Fire "saves" more mana than Inner Will does. The only time Inner Will could be useful is for the speed, which is never a requirement. So no, i never, ever, use Inner Will.
    Depends what you're casting. I find inner will saves more mana than inner fire. But I cast a lot of instants (around 40% of my healing is instants) so it is probably more useful for me than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Depends what you're casting. I find inner will saves more mana than inner fire. But I cast a lot of instants (around 40% of my healing is instants) so it is probably more useful for me than others.
    My CoH ends up to about 15%, my PoM 13% and my renew to maybe 7-9%. But those are not the most manaconsuming spells.
    That would be FH and GH along with PoH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Inner Will all throughout heroics when I first got to 85, it saved me a lot of mana. Once I started getting decently geared I changed to Inner Fire and that has since been the go-to spell ever since. Shield twisting, like others have mentioned, only happens if you feel you need the extra speed (Atramedes), if you're shield spamming as disc, or if you're raiding and having mana problems for some reason.
    [/CENTER]