Thread: Keyboards

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arrow Keyboards

Hey guys,

I desperately need help finding a new keyboard, specifically one that's made for gaming. I've heard mixed reviews about Razer and Logitech. The gaming I do is mainly WoW and FPS. So what gaming keyboards do you guys use, if any? Side note: I would like to stay under 90 USD.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I've been leaning towards the BlackWidow. Haha. Thanks for your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been considering a new keyboard too and I don't care enough to spend a lot of money for one from a proclaimed gaming company like Razer or Steelseries. Logitech has similar keyboards but also very pricey. They seem to be very over-hyped and you're paying a high markup for the premium brand name. Not that they are bad, but there's no way a few extra features compared to the keyboard I'm discussing below justifies an often 100% price increase.

I've been looking at the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 lately, here's why: It seems to be one of the best low cost gaming keyboards that I've seen. Great anti-ghosting, some macro keys but not an excessive amount and they aren't obtrusive in size and position, backlighting, wrist rest, F1 to F12 is nicely spaced and close to the number keys, and a few useful media keys but not too many, also looks to be somewhat spill proof too. It's got pretty much everything I would want and nothing that I wouldn't want, which I can't say for those $80-$120 keyboards with too much junk in my opinion.

$53ish at Newegg.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...idewinder%20X4

The SideWinder doesn't seem to bad at all for the price. My only issue is the red backlighting. Maybe it's just me or maybe others would agree too, but I like my computer accessories to match and I have the Razer DeathAdder mouse, which has blue lighting. >.>

ugh every time i see the optimus maximus i spend an hour trying to think up a way to get my hands on 1500 dollars...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fews View Post
    ugh every time i see the optimus maximus i spend an hour trying to think up a way to get my hands on 1500 dollars...
    Sell yourself to 1,500 women for 1 dollar each, or 15 fat women for 100 dollars each. >.> (I jest.)

Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard.

Its what I use

Deleted
    Laptop, LAN party with me on my laptop downing miller and pwning my best m8 while he's sitting at his 4,000 euro setup, feels good man.

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Sell yourself to 1,500 women for 1 dollar each, or 15 fat women for 100 dollars each. >.> (I jest.)
    I tried that keyboard once at a convention! Awesome on paper but the keys are waaaay to slippery, might be because it was a test version but can't see myself ever gaming with something like that:P

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Funny, I've been looking for a new keyboard as well, since the G15's orange keys clash with my blue wallpaper, G13, Deathadder and blue LED fans. ><
    red panda red panda red panda!

http://www.amazon.com/DCT-Factory-KB...1876540&sr=1-1

we all know you're going to spill coke in it someday, save yourself about $75 and buy a twelve pack of these

I looked at the Merc Stealth earlier and it has pretty much everything I want, but it looks like it takes up a lot of room. Does it take up a lot or is it basically the same size as other keyboards out there?

---------- Post added 2011-04-03 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Funny, I've been looking for a new keyboard as well, since the G15's orange keys clash with my blue wallpaper, G13, Deathadder and blue LED fans. ><
    Sucks, doesn't it? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    You can't change the colours, then? I can on my G110, at least ;o
    And LED-fans make raptojesus cry.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    You can't change the colours, then? I can on my G110, at least ;o
    And LED-fans make raptojesus cry.
    How is the Logitech G110?

Quote Originally Posted by christopherftw View Post
    How is the Logitech G110?
    I like it. A lot. I personally think it's very comfortable. I like the macro-keys, both in-game and in other applications. I like the lights, I like the media-keys, and once I got used to the slightly smaller keys (because of the macro-keys wanting to fit) I love typing on it as well.
    The "game-mode" (disabling the windows-key) is great, it's got an inbuilt USB-output, and headphone/mic-jacks. And if you don't want a keyboard that is lit up during the night, you can always turn it off. ^^

But mouse/keyboard is a very personal thing (imo), and you should get something you really are comfortable with, as it's one of the few things you'll interact directly with ^^ Go try it out in a store with it on display.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I like it. A lot. I personally think it's very comfortable. I like the macro-keys, both in-game and in other applications. I like the lights, I like the media-keys, and once I got used to the slightly smaller keys (because of the macro-keys wanting to fit) I love typing on it as well.
    The "game-mode" (disabling the windows-key) is great, it's got an inbuilt USB-output, and headphone/mic-jacks. And if you don't want a keyboard that is lit up during the night, you can always turn it off. ^^

But mouse/keyboard is a very personal thing (imo), and you should get something you really are comfortable with, as it's one of the few things you'll interact directly with ^^ Go try it out in a store with it on display.
    It looks really nice and it also has everything I want (I was going to go with the SteelSeries Merc Stealth as it has everything I want as well, but it's really expensive.) The price of the G110 is a lot better ($64.99 w/ free shipping on Newegg) and is less complicated looking than Merc Stealth. So I will most likely go with it. Thanks for your help.

I've been using the MERC since mid-late BC. It's about 3-4 inches longer than standard keyboard. It definitely takes some getting used to at first, but it's pretty amazing once you do.

Steel Series 7G

Been using it for about a year now and well...

- It's loud (really)
    - It's freaking huge
    - It's expensive
    - It's pretty ugly
    - It's an indicator for being a total freaking geek.

+ Perfect Stroke
    + Zero Lag (Had Razers Lycosa and Logitechs G15 for quite some time before i got the 7G - huge difference)
    + Pure functionality, there is no better out there when it comes to actuall performance.

Also have to say i really enjoyed the display or the many macro functions other keyboards offered but
    when it comes to using a keyboard for what it is i can only recommend this one.

I would though really give it a good thought of what additional functions you might or might no use a lot before
    even considering getting a 7G.
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

FPS and WoW. Hmm, I love Merc Stealth. I cannot give a link right now though due to "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.". So just google it. I don't know how people can play on any other keyboard since Merc you have buttons 1-11 just above WASD + QE along with fps buttons.