Poll: Ezio or Altair, who would win?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Ezio v Altair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    both of them were very bad ass but in different ways. altair in the way that he knows his mission and he will do what he needs to do to make sure he finishes the job. ezio in how he chose who to kill based on personal vengeance (rodrigo borgia) or to help people. in a stealth fight it would be very hard to choose but i would say altair, in a sword fight again, hard choice but id say ezio. in AC 2 i dont recal a lot of stealth kill missions, when u kill vieri de pazzi u openly invade the city and kill him in a sword fight, thats just one example but its late and im tired :P

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    psst... neither did Altair.

Ezio wins in a close fight. It's not just a matter of better weapons / armor. Ezio is a born fighter versus being soley an assassin. The only hope Altair would have would be a sneak attack. Heads up, Ezio is the better fighter.

And Ezio was much better with the ladies.
    You don't know that, we experienced a very short part of Altair's life

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end, it doesn't matter.

47 takes them both out with a single shot from his WA2000 and disappears without anyone knowing WTF just happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    tech: ezio
    skill: altair

why?: Altair was born and raised an assassin. that was his job. and dont give me this "altair cant swim because his armor is too heavy" business. ezio was wearing plate by the end of brotherhood and could still swim. ubisoft was too lazy to add a swimming mechanic to a game that required no swimming. Ezio was born a noble, raised a noble, climbed some trees, wore his fathers clothes and jabbed some people.

don't you think, if guns existed, altair would have a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    You don't know that, we experienced a very short part of Altair's life
    I guess the fact he was born and raised in what is essentially a monestary.
    Plus Ezio has a killer Goatee.

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 04:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duplicat View Post
    tech: ezio
    skill: altair

why?: Altair was born and raised an assassin. that was his job. and dont give me this "altair cant swim because his armor is too heavy" business. ezio was wearing plate by the end of brotherhood and could still swim. ubisoft was too lazy to add a swimming mechanic to a game that required no swimming. Ezio was born a noble, raised a noble, climbed some trees, wore his fathers clothes and jabbed some people.

don't you think, if guns existed, altair would have a gun?
    And yet, Ezio managed to master the hidden blade within a few years, while Altair trained his entire life

Also, did Altair ever have two blades? He simply could have asked for another one/

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    I guess the fact he was born and raised in what is essentially a monestary.
    Plus Ezio has a killer Goatee.

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 04:54 AM ----------

And yet, Ezio managed to master the hidden blade within a few years, while Altair trained his entire life

Also, did Altair ever have two blades? He simply could have asked for another one/
    maybe he didnt need one :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ezio would seduce Altair and they'd make out.

mmm... what were we talking about again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    Ezio would seduce Altair and they'd make out.

mmm... what were we talking about again?
    Something that didnt climax with that.....i hope :S
    <---Rapunzel is scared of gay thoughts!

Now that i think about it Flynn looks a little like Ezio before he turned badass.
    Last edited by pickley; 2011-04-04 at 05:30 AM.

I always used to like Altair more, but after replaying 1 he's kind of smug. He thinks he so awesome. Ezio is way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    "Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Quote Originally Posted by theenigma77 View Post
    I always used to like Altair more, but after replaying 1 he's kind of smug. He thinks he so awesome. Ezio is way better.
    The first thing he even does in the game is screw up lol.

I really think the whole technology argument is invalid considering the time difference. If you want to make that argument give any one of us a sniper rifle and we'd be able to take out either of them while they're hopping along the rooftops or climbing up a building.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyysteria View Post
    The way I see it is Ezio became an assassin.
    Altair was born one.
    Ezio's father was an assassin. Whether he was aware of it or not, Ezio was also born into the assassin order (just like Desmond in that regard). It seems pretty clear to me that his brother was already training in earnest to become one (knew about assassins).

Do you really think Ezio had no training before his father died? It's a very safe bet he was already trained VERY well on the use of swords, daggers, etc. This was the Renaissance, after all. And he may not exactly have been a noble, but he was from a wealthy family. As such, that kind of training would be expected.

Plus, his brother was subtly training him (no doubt was forbidden to reveal his legacy of assassins by his father until Ezio was "of age"). The climbing races, forcing him to fight 10-20 on one to see how long he could last, etc. All subtle bits of training to jump start him on top of the more traditional training Ezio already was receiving.

Ezio was, what, 17 when he started his career? Altair was a fully trained, fully formed assassin when we first meet him by comparison. He was also older.

Both became Grand Master Assassins. To say one had more training than the other seems moot. Sure, if you take Altair when we first meet him and pit him against Ezio around the time his father died, Altair wins hands down. It's over in 10 seconds. Both in their prime? I believe Ezio has the edge, technology not even being factored in. Ezio was larger, stronger, faster and likely in better health due to being rich, and living at a time when diets were far better. By the time Ezio is a full fledged assassin, he also has tons of open combat experience. Altair lived primarily in the shadows.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2011-04-04 at 11:51 PM.

Ezio because he is Italian. MAMA MIA!