10+ Year Old Account

Clannad: After Story (MAJOR spolier warnings)

Ooookay first off gotta say I LOVED this series, I'm not usually a fan of the more serious drama anime, but I've have the world and their brother telling me to watch this show, so I did :P

I'm a spanner, that's meant to say SPOILER, not Spolier, which isn't a real word, but it's 2:30 here and there's no spellcheck on title :P so do not read on if you don't want the series spoiled, not spolierd :P

so I just finished Episode 22, which turned out to be the final episode..

WHAT THE FUCK? Soo after 21 episodes of soul crushing depression, seeing Tomoya lose a job cause his father is a worthless deadbeat, marry the love of his life, Nagisa (<3<3<3) only to lose her shortly aftewards, then finally get his life back together to raise their kid, only to have her die in his arms of the same mystery condition that took his wife from him...

and then suddenly it's all retconned, there's some crap about the Light, and it's a happy ending where Nagisa and Ushio are alive again and everything is happy? where the hell did that come from man? I know there's three more eps, but from what I've been told, one is set a year before the first season, one is Tomoya telling a bedtime story to Ushio and one is an alternate reality OVA where Tomoya is going out with Ryou, in the same way they did a AU OVA in the first season where Tomoya was with Tomoyo..

so seriously, can someone explain what the hell that ending was all about? or from now on should I just stop watching at episode 21....
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2011-04-04 at 01:23 AM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30