Thread: Boomkin pvp

Boomkin pvp

How come boomkins have trouble in duels when they have a spammable cc, stuns, a cooldown that roots when attacked, 15% reduction, a silence, skull bash, pets(i dont know how much dmg they do), hibernate, and soothe. Is it hard casting? Maybe they need an aoe cc or something idk but tried boomkin pvp for like 1 week i wanted to break my computer. not trying to troll just wanted to know why its so hard. I went into a warsong i just died and constantly. Is boomkin skill cap just high or what.

Hard casting for most of our damage
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    As a Druid, you may experience temporary loss of wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post

I like my boomkin, I do bg's mostly and am mostly at the top of the scoreboard (moonfire and starfall ;p), but there's a few problems with boomkin. The long casts that don't even do that much damage (not looking forward to starsurge nerf), the dmg reduction isn't even all that noticeable even if you have tons of resilience on top of it, the pounce and bash stuns aren't thàt useful cause they last a short while - by the time we're back in moonkin form we can't do much damage anymore, nature's grasp roots are not very useful as you're mostly getting stunned so the rogue/paladin/warrior is on your back still , skull bash only works for long casts cause you have to shift first, hibernate gets broken fast by others aoe dmg, typhoon doesn't push as far away as thunderstorm (it seems to me at least), even when rooting decent hordies get out of solar beam fast, our self-heals have become very weak in cataclysm, by the time you're using travel form to get away you're mostly already dead, but most of all no big defensive or offensive cooldown (besides eclipse which doesn't work well in pvp) really sucks the most I find. I thought the instant roots glyph was a great gift and was really sad seeing that go. All that being said I always go back to moonkin, it's great fun and you can get pretty good at it if you stick with it and don't mind being a glass... feathery cannon.

Not just hard casting... looooooonnnnggggg hard casting. Talented Wrath needs to go back to being a @#@#%$$ baseline 1.5 second cast again. And there should be some sort of cooldown that insta flips your eclipse bar so that you're not stuck in pvp trying build up solar energy with nothing but Starsurge casts. That... or just give Balance that damn Resto instant Starfire proc talent (minus the Wrath mana reduction part, of course). It never made sense there anyway, the other healers' healing tree gimmick nuke talents at least do things you might actually care about.
    Last edited by mrsake; 2011-04-04 at 04:04 AM.