Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My experience is that people's idea of world-pvp revolves around 5 Horde killing a lone Alliance healer that just wants to complete a few quests on the weekend for 4 hours over and over, following them from one end of the area to the other.

People don't want world-pvp. They never attack when numbers are even or something. People only want pvp when they know they cannot lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's alright but..WHY?
    No one raids cities anymore and why would you need it? We're just buying stuff in cities or hanging waiting to PvP/PVE or Rping, besides it might screw up rpers in an mmoRPG. ..It's alright but we don't need it.
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    It sure would be amazing..., amazingly dumb. I don't PVP or care for it... then again even on PVP servers I think this would cause a lot of irritation. You should not be forced to PVP if you want to do other stuff. The only way of bringing people out into the world doing stuff is that there's something there for them to make it fun and exciting to get out there.
    Where did you see him specifically say something about PvP? Exactly, he didn't. Might want to put those PvE-biased glasses away, as you can stay in cities and still do most of the PvE as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I log on, I hit queue. I wait .5 of a second I get in instance. If they did go thru with it I wouldn't care.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

so instead of afking in SW they will AFK in goldshire.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mate, this was meant to be a joke, and only that... nothing else...

bb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Where did you see him specifically say something about PvP? Exactly, he didn't. Might want to put those PvE-biased glasses away, as you can stay in cities and still do most of the PvE as well.

Thanx 2 do what noone else seems 2 have done, actually read the text intead of tell me how stupid this would be when all im saying something would b great that gave us more activity outside raids.. I DONT WANT THE FREAKIN DEBUFF, it just helped me start thinkin ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamidir View Post
    *Players in capital cities will receive a 2-hour debuff “Homebody” that increases damage taken and reduces damage and healing given by 10% for every 10 minutes they’re within city limits. We hope this encourages something.

This would be.. amazing! Think of it, the only thing u hear is "only to do between queus is hangin out in Org or SW . Theres no reason in anyway most of ur time to leave the major cities and we all know.
    Well, doesn't this mean that people will be afraid to go into cities?
    Suddenly people will make alts just for keeping in cities because they're afraid to build up debuffs?

People will eventually just find a common slacking spot where they can be among eachother without getting debuffs.
    In the past, the capitals have always been a meeting place for people inbetween raid/pvp duties, so it only makes sense
    that people would find a new "hangout"
    Last edited by Malagan; 2011-04-05 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    What's the point of making a city if no one's going to be in them?
    It's the same reason they don't add guild housing, they WANT cities to have a large amount of people in them. Remember the failure of silvermoon?

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 03:05 AM ----------

this is EXACTLY what AV is...
    except it's a battleground , and it doesnt give those rewards and you can queue whenever you want to and it has a level bracket and yeah stuff like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamidir View Post
    i didnt say this idea where ultimate but there on to something regarding the non activity in the cities, dailys in org and sw is a good start but dosnt engage u for more then 5 mins.. the "debuff" is mainly a joke 2 me aswell.. but something... and for pvers and others there would be nice with something like the invasions of rift.. makin the game more dynamic. Cause it dosnt matter if ur a pvper or a pver, u r idle in a major city most of the time anyhow...

One more thing, if my banks had got a debuff like that i would!....... do nothing.. theyre banks :P

Threatening to punish ppl to move out of the cities doesn't seem right to me. If you/Blizz wants ppl to leave the cities, they need to fix the current content. I'm not complaining about it directly but if there were more stuff to do, when you've already gotten what you need from Arch and your other professions, done your dailies then what?
    Then you hang around in cities, cause there's nothing else to do but endless farming and even that gets boring.

The shared lockouts has contributed to this alot imo. Ppl with only 1 raidgeared toon or just 1 toon in all (like me) have nothing much to do besides raiding and farming. That's why I'm chilling in Org or just afk'ing.

My opinion, the best way to fix the afk in town issue is:

A) reintroduçe EPIC questlines with awesome rewards. Why is it that im relegated to getiing everything from dungeons and raids and crafting? These quests would have to take a lot of time (good thing for blizzard) while also being engaging to the player, a majority being soloable (perhaps needing a rare drop from a 5-man end boss so its not too hard) and reward either a current tier relevant epic piece of gear (class specific or not, doesn't matter too much) or a bad ass vanity item (like a class specific mount, or a special effect/aura for ur character or weapon, or something with a weird and unique on use effect)

B) Revamp the current rare mob system. Keep the world raid mobs, but give better rewards to give guilds incentives to kill them. Example being one boss may drop a unique mount, with boss being on a 5-7 day respawn timer, or a boss, with similar respawn, that drops no loot, but someathing like 2-3k per raid members in a 25 man (obviously nerfed once it can be done with less people) or a 10 man that drops 1 piece of tier to random class, similar to bh, with a 4 day respawn, or a 25HM boss that drops 1 token for heroic level tier on 7 day respawn timer. Almost introduces a lottery of who on the server gets the extra token or whatever the drop is per week. Then also have hard to solo world bosses with slightly less cool rewards as the raid bosses, but worthwhile for a solo player. Think TLPD. that's more of a solo boss.

C) Events around the world on 3-6 hour timers, where 20-100+ people would participate. These events could range from invasions of a faction outpost, to mount races, to waves of mobs attacking from the ocean/a cave/a town. These events would keep score of each individual and rewards would vary for different score levels. Rewards would range from gold to tabards to pets, mounts, useful out of combat items. These events would also reward points that can be spent on pvp gear (as there would be a lot of pvp involved), special enchants with unique uses (think vanity item that is an enchant instead), trade materials, etc...

My point is there is so much blizzard can do to fix the afk in cities problem, I just feel they need some help from the community in forming these ideas, and to help them see what we want to be doing.

We cant just say "blizzard broke this/this isn't fun anymore/*change what already exists in game* but rather we should be providing ideas for new things when the problem isn't due to a lack of good design in old technology, but a lack of new technology in general.
    Last edited by Godsmack241; 2011-04-05 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bairyhalls View Post
    you would see people (like me) who use the AH a lot install the (would be made) addon that shows how long time youve been in the city, run out and in again after 9 mins... What would it do then? annoyance! and nothing else...

Besides, this is a whole different angle to the "hanging out in cities too much"-thingy... What people mean by this is, there is little to no reason to go outside main cities, once youre lvl 85...
    This ^

Give people something to do, dont force them to leave.

This game really needs either a real world pvp zone (aka WAR/DaoC) or invasions (aka Rift) for us todo at max level.