New mmorpg Black Prophecy

Have you guys played Black Prophecy yet?
    What do you guys think?

Personally, i think you get overwhelmed with all sorts of info. Just a tat bit to much.

What do Users think? MarXon made a very nice review of his experience playing Black Prophecy
    Quote Originally Posted by MarXon View Post
    I've been playing it for a while, and they've released the EU version, with the US version in open beta I believe.
    The game is decent, however, very VERY simple. You fly around in your space ship and shoot other ships. You have skills, and replacable ship parts. You can replace the cockpit, the wings and the engine to make your ship more resilient and/or faster, it will also so change the look of your ship... alittle.
    You can use three types of weapons Energy, Mechanical. To use any "gear" in the game you need to put points into the respective skills assosiated with the "gear", you will also need to upgrade your Ship Skill to upgrade any other skill.
    The game is simple, you do missions, which, often if not always, involves killing a group of ships, followed by another group etc etc.
    The combat system is very similar to Star Wars: Battlefronts, if you've played that.
    There's also supposed to be "Battleground" and "Instances", however I have yet to try any of them.
    I think the game is fun, especially if played with friends, atleast for a while. The only problem is the lack of depth, it gets old soon.
    Last edited by grolschs; 2011-04-04 at 02:47 PM.

It's grindy from what a couple buddies tell me. They're playing on European servers at the moment jsut to try it out. I watched them in some PVP and it's pretty intense looking, but they've both got around 20 hours played and are only level 10-11 with the level cap being 100. Beautiful game, though.

Deleted
    Why did i just watch the login screen?

Deleted
    Is it still in development?

God it looks amazing. It remembers me to EVE Online, but it seems that this game is more about driving your spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Is it still in development?

God it looks amazing. It remembers me to EVE Online, but it seems that this game is more about driving your spaceship.
    Its Released as far as i know! Free to play and open to register. it indeed reminded me of EVE online, but maybe a bit more ''simpel''

to be honest it reminds me a LOT of mass effect 2, you know at the end where you get to the collector's base...
    looks cool anyway, might check it out

I've been playing it for a while, and they've released the EU version, with the US version in open beta I believe.
    The game is decent, however, very VERY simple. You fly around in your space ship and shoot other ships. You have skills, and replacable ship parts. You can replace the cockpit, the wings and the engine to make your ship more resilient and/or faster, it will also so change the look of your ship... alittle.
    You can use three types of weapons Energy, Mechanical. To use any "gear" in the game you need to put points into the respective skills assosiated with the "gear", you will also need to upgrade your Ship Skill to upgrade any other skill.
    The game is simple, you do missions, which, often if not always, involves killing a group of ships, followed by another group etc etc.
    The combat system is very similar to Star Wars: Battlefronts, if you've played that.
    There's also supposed to be "Battleground" and "Instances", however I have yet to try any of them.
    I think the game is fun, especially if played with friends, atleast for a while. The only problem is the lack of depth, it gets old soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Registered, looks excellent. Been waiting for a Freelancer-type of game to be released again
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I'm not really impressed by it right now, while I've been looking forward to it for years...I just can't seem to grasp it. Part of it may be due to the horrible lag I experienced while playing, which makes or breaks the experience since you can't hit anything for crap if you can't tell where it is. I'll stick to Eve until they polish it a bit more.

Is the flight mechanics like EVE, or like the old school space sims that no one seems to make anymore? An excuse to drag my joystick out of storage would be nice.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    I hear it has an instanced world like guild wars 1. That's fail by default as much as I'm concerned.

this game is too complicated for the ppl who want a game that will let them dive in without needing to learn much

this game you have to learn 1,000 things off the bat before you can go out and get in a ship.

too many intro movies in the beginning

they should of went with a single player game, and made a multiplayer mode imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I remember signing up for its beta in april 09 and getting a couple of newsletters. then they stopped last year and I completely forgot about it.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon7evin View Post
    this game is too complicated for the ppl who want a game that will let them dive in without needing to learn much

this game you have to learn 1,000 things off the bat before you can go out and get in a ship.

too many intro movies in the beginning

they should of went with a single player game, and made a multiplayer mode imo
    Loooool. Reviews are saying the game is pretty simplistic compared to the other mmos.

I wouldn't hold my breath for this one if you want a space sim mmo. Jumpgate Evolution is what you want.

I run the only English-based fan site for Black Prophecy. Not sure if I'm allowed to put the link to it here but in case anyone is interested it's called Prophecy Nation.

Not much to offer in terms of community but the basics of a Wiki are there and I do news posts every now and then as a summary of the happenings around the game. It's pretty much just me and another guy working on it currently.