Deleted

New build - LF opinions

So I'm building my own PC and I was wondering what you guys thought about it
    this build for 840€:

HDD(don't mind this it's something cheap to store my OS):
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS | WD5000AAKS
    RAM:
    2x Corsair VS2GB1333D3 | VS2GB1333D3
    2x2gb@1333Mhz
    Case:
    Cooler Master CM 690 II | RC-692-KWN3
    PSU:
    Corsair Gaming GS700 | CMPSU-700GEU
    700W
    CPU:
    Intel Core I5 2500K Boxed | BX80623I52500K
    GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2 GB
    MOBO:
    MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | P67A-GD65 (B3)
    EDIT: updated the rig
    Last edited by mmocab362f8f03; 2011-04-04 at 07:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with 2x4GB of RAM

and get a samsung spinpoint f3 or western digital caviar black for HDD. you say you don't care, but when the computer takes longer to boot/load things/open programs than it should, you will care
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I'd go with 2x4GB of RAM

and get a samsung spinpoint f3 or western digital caviar black for HDD. you say you don't care, but when the computer takes longer to boot/load things/open programs than it should, you will care
    This. HDD makes more of a difference than I think some people realized. I used to think it was all in the RAM and CPU, boy, those were ignorant days indeed. (I don't mean ignorant in a rude sense of the word.) The highest speed HDDs and of course all the way up to SSDs make a day and night difference, really.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I wouldn't go with a 6970 at this point. New cards are coming out later this year and a 6950 2gb reference version is probably a much better buy in your country. It should be a lot cheaper and if you can get a reference model, you can unlock it to a 6970. The performance difference between the two cards is minimal and unnoticeable on your eyes, but noticeable on your wallet.

I would also recommend 2x4GB RAM instead unless you use your PC strictly for gaming only. If you do any other kind of work and/or multi-tasking, you will definitely want 8GB of RAM.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    Ok I'll probably take a hd6950 then. The PC will strictly be for gaming so thats why I took 4GB RAM.
    If I downgrade the GFX card should I upgrade my MOBO so it lasts longer? And what numbers should i be looking at when I'm checking motherboards?
    I'll probably drop the HDD for a 500gb caviar black also.

Upgrading your motherboard won't make your PC last longer. Different motherboards have different features. Some give you better overclocking features and more OC potential, more features such as USB 3.0 or eSATA, PCI-e 16x/16x or PCI-e 8x/8x, etc, etc.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Upgrading your motherboard won't make your PC last longer. Different motherboards have different features. Some give you better overclocking features and more OC potential, more features such as USB 3.0 or eSATA, PCI-e 16x/16x or PCI-e 8x/8x, etc, etc.
    I got money left now so I think it's best to spend it on buying a better motherboard. (PC will only be used for gaming and some software that doesn't require great hardware)
    What stats should I be looking for. (suggestions are also welcome)

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 09:07 PM ----------

I'm think I'll be going with an Asus SABERTOOTH P67 can anyone please check the specs whether or not it fits the build I didn't notice anything major but better safe than sorry
    EDIT: grammar error!
    Last edited by mmocab362f8f03; 2011-04-04 at 09:24 PM.