Post Quote search function

It would be great to be able to have a notification for or ability to search for where someone quoted a post you submitted. I'm not talking about forum replies, I am talking about when someone uses the "Reply With Quote" function. If there is a way to do this, I have not figured it out. It would be a great tool for the larger forum topics where you post and pretty much have to forget about checking if anyone responded to your specific post within the thread because of the large amount of posts.

For example, you post a response to a thread about Warlock PvP, and your post contains an idea or question which you would like to see if anyone responded to (that includes a quote from your post). However, there are 10 pages of posts after yours and it is unlikely that you will take the time to search each page and see if anyone addressed your post directly.

Thoughts?
    Opulence. I has it.

Sweet, thanks. The more I thought about it, the more it did sound like a coding nightmare.

By the way, that puppy is far too cute to be allowed on the internet. My wife almost made me go buy one.
    Opulence. I has it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be hard at all, hell theres already a vBulletin addon for it. >.>

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...fy+when+quoted
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    It wouldn't be hard at all, hell theres already a vBulletin addon for it. >.>

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...fy+when+quoted
    Hmm. I wonder if it might be a resource drain then? I honestly just have a very general understanding of this stuff and don't know much about the finer points of programming and whatever. So, I don't know if that would be an issue, or if it is just not a priority right now, as was stated on one of the links.

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 06:55 PM ----------

I just tried the "Search Thread" option and put in my username and it worked. As good as anything, I guess.
    Opulence. I has it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm a little jealous of the system they use on Fark, where you are emailed automatically anytime anyone directly replies or quotes you.

The forum software here is infinitely more superior, and more appropriate than the system Fark uses, but that is one feature I definitely wish was available on other high-population boards like this one. Searching for people who may have responded to you often means clicking through many, many pages of popular threads.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    We'll look into it, but no promises on ETA.