10+ Year Old Account

New Intel Cooler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8O2N...rec_grec_index
    No more CoolerMaster Hyper 212+. They're essentially the same thing. Any one's opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8O2N...rec_grec_index
    No more CoolerMaster Hyper 212+. They're essentially the same thing. Any one's opinions?
    It's the standard-one for intels six-core processors, they've been around as long as they have.
    From what I've heard, it's actually pretty good. No Noctua, but better than the Hyper212+. (Just once, I'd like Coolermaster to make a product that's really good, so I can stop what appears to be a crusade against them)

+1 for Linus Sebastian. He's awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    It's the standard-one for intels six-core processors, they've been around as long as they have.
    From what I've heard, it's actually pretty good. No Noctua, but better than the Hyper212+. (Just once, I'd like Coolermaster to make a product that's really good, so I can stop what appears to be a crusade against them)

+1 for Linus Sebastian. He's awesome.
    The Hyper 212 is amazing in terms of price->performance. (I use that term a lot... It's getting annoying. Better make a thread. )

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    The Hyper 212 is amazing in terms of price->performance. (I use that term a lot... It's getting annoying. Better make a thread. )
    Eh. In Push/Pull with two other fans, I'd agree. But there's similiar, non-mainstream heatsinks in the same price-range that're as good for price/performance. Personally, I'm just too lazy to remember to learn the names, and just recommend the Hyper212+ or the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 rev.2.

So this will be stock for all processors bought now?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobasteve1226 View Post
    So this will be stock for all processors bought now?
    No. It didn't come with the 1155, as far as I can tell. And since they had existed almost a year prior to the release of 1155, I'd say it's saved for the six-core ones (or rather, the extreme processors on their extreme-platform. X58 and the comming X79)

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    No. It didn't come with the 1155, as far as I can tell. And since they had existed almost a year prior to the release of 1155, I'd say it's saved for the six-core ones (or rather, the extreme processors on their extreme-platform. X58 and the comming X79)
    Lame. Looks like I will have to still buy my Coolermaster 212+.