Heroic 10 Man Conclave of Wind - Help needed.

So, we've been putting in quite a few attempts on Heroic Conclave of Wind and I can't help but feel like we're missing something.

Raid composition:

Prot Pally
    Blood Dk*
    Feral/Boomkin
    Survival Hunter
    Marks Hunter (Or 2 Marks/2 Survival)
    Warlock (Any spec, mostly used for AoE)
    Mage
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid

Standby

An extra DK (Frost)
    A Rogue

Things we've tried:

1)Subbing a DPS for a Frost DK, have a Frost DK kite the adds, Blood DK tank Nezir and Prot Paladin tanking Anshal. No tank swaps.
    2)AoEing the adds down with a DK initially picking them up and kiting them with 2 or 3 dps aoeing them down after the first toxic spore
    3) 2 Marks Hunters on Shield to break it. Relying on aimed shot procs to get it before 2 seconds pass.
    4) Mage doing the ultimate
    5) Also tried Druid tanking/Prot paladin tanking (did tank swaps) and then had a DK kite.

We've also tried pretty much any combo of these to try to come up with a working strategy for us. Healing doesn't seem to be an issue. Tank Swaps seem to be a bit of an issue, getting shield down in time can sometimes be an issue. We have had many attempts where it seemed like we're 5-10 seconds away from a burn on Anshal or something.

I'd appreciate some tips, or even, how would YOU kill this boss with this raid composition. Healing Nezir Ultimate is not an issue at all, so keep that in mind. I have a feeling we're missing something fairly large with this fight and it's hard to find some detailed information. Spreading the DPS out etc and getting everything done perfectly seems to be an issue. We're 7/12 Heroic, been so for awhile, just.. cock block of a boss. Farming Tol Barad trinkets for Heroic Nef as we speak, will be continuing pulls on him as soon as we kill conclave.

I found one of our major issues has been the shield. Even if it gets broken in 2 or 3 seconds, generally seems to be a death sometimes, so need to break shield faster.

Would anyone happen to know if say.. a rogue or a hunter on Wind platform by himself (no pet out) and he drops aggro, would that stop the shield cast while he places the raid wide debuff? If it does, wouldn't that be a way to cheese the shield? Have everyone leave just before shield, as shield pops, drop aggro for a second? Probably better idea to think and work out a real strategy rather than trying to cheese the fight.

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 05:07 AM ----------

It's very late so I'm probably forgetting some substantial information. Just.. need ways to maximize productivity and simply, to kill this f*****g boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving View Post
    Would anyone happen to know if say.. a rogue or a hunter on Wind platform by himself (no pet out) and he drops aggro, would that stop the shield cast while he places the raid wide debuff? If it does, wouldn't that be a way to cheese the shield? Have everyone leave just before shield, as shield pops, drop aggro for a second? Probably better idea to think and work out a real strategy rather than trying to cheese the fight.
    Since it's not a targetted ability on a player, I sincerely doubt this will work.

You say that even with 2-3 seconds of shields you have some deaths - this really means your healer on that platform is underperforming. You have a disc priest, I am a disc priest who did the healing on that platform. Tell your priest to make sure all three players on the platform have a shield before ultimate hits but not weakened soul; reshield them during the shield and make sure to have PoM up. Have your rogue on rohash for the entire fight, have him use cloak to clear the debuff around ultimate time. Use pain suppression on the rogue for the second shield in the fight as he will have a bit more stacks than the other two there. On the third and final shield stack up and use barrier. It should go unsaid that all players need to be full hp before the shield hits.

Using this tactic you can survive at least 4 hits, sometimes 5 if you're lucky with the nature debuff being spread around a bit.

Our setup we killed him with:

Rohash platform:

Disc priest
    Combat rogue
    Enh shaman

Anshal platform:

Blood dk (tank)
    Resto druid
    Fire mage
    Destr warlock
    MM hunter

Nezir:

Prot pala
    Holy pala

Disc priest + enh shaman jump to Nezir with 15 seconds left on ultimate cd, the tanks + their healers swap the second the adds are down @ Anshal, which is usually 15 seconds or so before ultimate too.

Deleted
    "I found one of our major issues has been the shield. Even if it gets broken in 2 or 3 seconds, generally seems to be a death sometimes, so need to break shield faster."

This is one of the two things can wipe you raid easily in this fight. The other one is to handle the adds.

If you look at your combat log, I believe on Rohash platform, when shield is on, it does about 25k+ damage each tick/per second (sometimes 30K). The key thing here is to time your cooldown. Save your hard hit before the shield.

There is another tip, ask those who are on Rohash platform to use Mirror of Broken Images (so called pvp trinket). The use effect can significantly reduce each tick damage to 15K which make it ridiculously easy to survive the shield phase.

We are kind of farming the boss at the moment. We had Rogue+Mage, Mage+Mage, Mage+SPriest combo on the platform. All of them were doing fine with the trinket.

So, we've been putting in quite a few attempts on Heroic Conclave of Wind and I can't help but feel like we're missing something.

Raid composition:

Prot Pally
    Blood Dk*
    Feral/Boomkin
    Survival Hunter
    Marks Hunter (Or 2 Marks/2 Survival)
    Warlock (Any spec, mostly used for AoE)
    Mage
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid

Standby

An extra DK (Frost)
    A Rogue

Things we've tried:

1)Subbing a DPS for a Frost DK, have a Frost DK kite the adds, Blood DK tank Nezir and Prot Paladin tanking Anshal. No tank swaps.
    2)AoEing the adds down with a DK initially picking them up and kiting them with 2 or 3 dps aoeing them down after the first toxic spore
    3) 2 Marks Hunters on Shield to break it. Relying on aimed shot procs to get it before 2 seconds pass.
    4) Mage doing the ultimate
    You may prefer to swap one hunter for the rogue. The rogue can Cloak of shadow all the debuff from Wind-guy (I never remember their name).
    So he can stay on the platform all day long. But sometime it's tight on healing. But if you put a disc priest, with a bubble + mending before the priest leave the rogue should be ok.

You should swap your tank position, put holypal+ prot pal on the frost guy, so before the first ultimate they can bubble their debuff and stay one more time. (You'll need 1 tank swapping).

You didn't talk about plants so I guess it isn't an issue. BUT you do not want to kite them... for 2 reason.
    If your frost dk fail for xyz reason it's an instant wipe. Also when the frost do his ultimate, he won't be here. So other member will take more damage. This may cause death sometimes. You better simply kill the adds. The best way is to freeze them before they explode, and when they have 2sec left on their buff the moonkin explode his shroom (mage frostnova break instant) and you burn them in 10sec.

Also, really good advice, we used to try to push both wind and nature guy after 3 ultimate. Wich is a really bad idea, depending of your gear, you MIGHT be short by +-5sec on killing frost guy (we wiped 3 times on this, like... 2-3sec and one of the other rezzed). So you should do a fourth ultimate, natre will be at 20% or so, don't kill the plant, just rape him. Wind guy get killed just before the shield thing (to avoid eventual wipe), everybody on frost, the boss is already at 30-40%. GZ he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicochon View Post
    You may prefer to swap one hunter for the rogue. The rogue can Cloak of shadow all the debuff from Wind-guy (I never remember their name).
    So he can stay on the platform all day long. But sometime it's tight on healing. But if you put a disc priest, with a bubble + mending before the priest leave the rogue should be ok.

You should swap your tank position, put holypal+ prot pal on the frost guy, so before the first ultimate they can bubble their debuff and stay one more time. (You'll need 1 tank swapping).

You didn't talk about plants so I guess it isn't an issue. BUT you do not want to kite them... for 2 reason.
    If your frost dk fail for xyz reason it's an instant wipe. Also when the frost do his ultimate, he won't be here. So other member will take more damage. This may cause death sometimes. You better simply kill the adds. The best way is to freeze them before they explode, and when they have 2sec left on their buff the moonkin explode his shroom (mage frostnova break instant) and you burn them in 10sec.

Also, really good advice, we used to try to push both wind and nature guy after 3 ultimate. Wich is a really bad idea, depending of your gear, you MIGHT be short by +-5sec on killing frost guy (we wiped 3 times on this, like... 2-3sec and one of the other rezzed). So you should do a fourth ultimate, natre will be at 20% or so, don't kill the plant, just rape him. Wind guy get killed just before the shield thing (to avoid eventual wipe), everybody on frost, the boss is already at 30-40%. GZ he's dead.
    Agreed to doing the 4th ultimate. That will make a first kill much easier I believe, as the DPS would be really, really tight to do it otherwise. We can have rohash down to sub 10% in about 2.5 ultimates, so burn on him is easy, and nezir is down to about 3m health after 3 ultimates.

The reason why the tanks werent swapping (but switched back) was because they found it easier to control the healing circle and he wouldnt get healed for an insane amount of health during ultimate/tank swaps.

I don't know what it is with heals sometimes, though. They've healed nezir platform with 4 or 5 total people on it before no problem with no raidwides up. I guess if they were able to figure out their issues a bit during shield, they could at least keep people alive for the extra second shield takes. Breaking it in 2 to 3 seconds with deaths is really weird.

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 05:22 PM ----------

Anyone else?

Agreed to doing the 4th ultimate. That will make a first kill much easier I believe, as the DPS would be really, really tight to do it otherwise. We can have rohash down to sub 10% in about 2.5 ultimates, so burn on him is easy, and nezir is down to about 3m health after 3 ultimates.

The reason why the tanks werent swapping (but switched back) was because they found it easier to control the healing circle and he wouldnt get healed for an insane amount of health during ultimate/tank swaps.

I don't know what it is with heals sometimes, though. They've healed nezir platform with 4 or 5 total people on it before no problem with no raidwides up. I guess if they were able to figure out their issues a bit during shield, they could at least keep people alive for the extra second shield takes. Breaking it in 2 to 3 seconds with deaths is really weird.

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 05:22 PM ----------

Anyone else?
    Ok for the healing u need to do the tank swapp at 80-85. At 80 (around) they'll breath / healing patch. if the nature guy is really far from the middle, the healing patch will be near the windy thing. So at 90 he'll teleport in the middle and only get heal from the ultimate. For the movement, here is how we do it. (paint ftw)
    The only hard thing is the plants killing, I hope u have pro aoe (the tank needs to aoe like retard, even the healing can AoE since nobody will takes damage). U can try to kite with Frost DK but as I said... boaf... Cheeze strats.

For the wind guy, an OP said that tanking trinker reduce dmg by half. that could be a really good idea. Since dps on this platform isn't an issue.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Killed it last night. Switched it up a bit.

Had Hunter / Mage / Rogue on Wind Platform to start fight. Burned Rohash to 40%.
    Hunter/Mage move to Nezir for Ultimate. Hunter went to Nature. Mage went to Rohash.
    Mage/Rogue burned shield. Mage had the instants whereas the Hunter had to rely on Aimed Shot procs or time a perfect hardcast aimedshot/chimera shot combo.
    Hunter on Nature Platform until just before 2nd ultimate. DPsed through the nature Ultimate.

Had Rohash @ 3% and Anshal @ 7% before 3rd Ultimate. Burned both just after Ultimate, lusted on Nezir and burned him from 8m with 15 seconds left.

312 wipes. Many more than it took me to get a top 100 kill on HLK25 LOL the nerd screams.. oh the nerd screams.

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 03:45 PM ----------

Forgot to add, we kited.
    Last edited by Savedwow; 2011-04-06 at 03:15 PM.

Not to sure what your doing as far as healers go but, we dont actually have a healer on Add plat form, we have the pally tank self heal and his raidiance keeps everyone up. Add tank should take no damage if hes good. After Ultimate we have Pally blow all cds for the few big hits hes going to take and have our spreist toss hima shield and a little help.

It creates a ton of extra dps, one that could make the shield on wind very insignificant.

312 wipes? really? holy shit

My guild is going to be trying heroic conclave soon, and I"m debating between going frost or arcane for this fight.... the thinking being arcaen with presence of mind would be just as good for the shield.... anyone have any good advice for this? How much does the shield absord on 10 man?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    My guild is going to be trying heroic conclave soon, and I"m debating between going frost or arcane for this fight.... the thinking being arcaen with presence of mind would be just as good for the shield.... anyone have any good advice for this? How much does the shield absord on 10 man?
    it absorbs 150k

Quote Originally Posted by carrierz View Post
    312 wipes? really? holy shit
    Well, about 200 of them were on the weekends with a few pugs. It took us 21 attempts once we formulated our strategy and executed.