Need a new microphone, what do?

So guys, looking for a new microphone. I'd like something that's good, but moderately priced. I'm not an audiophile, but I'd like something where I can be heard clearly on vocaroo or the likes. A headset or just the microphone itself would be nice. Doesn't really matter.
    "Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found."
    By a forum member "Membrane"

Deleted
    i use a cheap logitech headset for voice input.. cost like 15 euros and no one complained yet. i dont listen to myself, so i wouldnt know though.

i wouldnt spend much more for a mic, its more important that everyone else has a good one ^^

If you are looking for just a mic, a good quality one that one let in a lot of ambient noise can be a little expensive, I am not big on mic tech , my best advice is, spend more then 40$ if you have back ground noise around your area. no one likes an open mic where everyone can hear your back ground. GL to you

I'm currently using the Logitech G930 and its great. Awesome Surround Sound and amazing mic quality. The G35 is the non wireless version I think.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use a $20.00 logitech stand mic, can't remember the model, but it works quite nicely paired with regular headphones (i had a bad habit of spiking headsets, so i went with the 2 separate pieces lol)

i use a cheap $20 logitech headset, and i can hear people clearly and have no issues with my mic. I know the mics are good because my bro and his wife use the exact same headset. I only use the headset for vent/etc, but have a 5.1 for music so the headset does its job

Deleted
    I tried using a couple of cheap (No more than £3 each) mics and they seem to break after a couple of weeks. Using my turtle beach atm, they've served me well over the past year or so.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach...1991135&sr=8-1

I have a $20 headset from bestbuy and i have no problems with it.
    But i plan to get the g930 soon for its surround sound and i want a wireless headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DansWarrior View Post
    I tried using a couple of cheap (No more than £3 each) mics and they seem to break after a couple of weeks. Using my turtle beach atm, they've served me well over the past year or so.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach...1991135&sr=8-1
    I use and love those. <3 I have the headset amp and it messed up the headset though. The left side of the headset went out, I took off the amp, and it started working again.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam...es/devices/221

Try this.

Downside is with a mechanical keyboard and raiding while you're a tank pre Cataclysm all my guildies heard was

*clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack*
    (Heroic strike spam)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam...es/devices/221

Try this.

Downside is with a mechanical keyboard and raiding while you're a tank pre Cataclysm all my guildies heard was

*clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack* *clack*
    (Heroic strike spam)
    What my guild mates hear: CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK "FUCKING LACERATE SPAM!" CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK
    What my guild master hears: OMGOMGOMG HIS KEYBOARD SOUNDS AMAZING OMGOMGOMG SO MUCH CLICKING HE MUST BE GOOD.

Pardon the caps. >.> *The clicking of the keyboard, not of my mouse, for the record. -.-*

Listen to his keyboard. I can't stand people that don't appreciate a good mechanical keyboard.
    Last edited by ayako; 2011-04-05 at 06:03 PM. Reason: replaced with another video..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    video

Listen to his keyboard. I can't stand people that don't appreciate a good mechanical keyboard.
    I started listening to that and his rape reference pissed me off. That was fucking disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I started listening to that and his rape reference pissed me off. That was fucking disgusting.
    Swapped with another one. While he is a douchebag, he is quite entertaining.

Especially at 4:40

I just bought the sennheiser PC 350. The quality is amazing, especially the mic. No feedback, no background noises...

Deleted
    I use Corsair HS1 USB Gaming headset (costed like 80 euro), I've just had one headset before: Creative Fatal1ty headset for like 20 euro. Corsair is rather new in the Audio business, but they're unexpectedly good, and have had lots of good reviews, and they're said to have people from Creative, Logitech etc. You won't have to worry about a new soundcard, as these have a built-in one. The ear pads are unexpectedly big, but really comfortable headset, and it has different driver settings: 7.1 etc, dolby headphone mode etc. But since it´s new, you'll have to count with abit issues as the drivers arent the best yet, I've has some issues from time to time, but lets just hope the next driver will fix it, which is said it will.