Poll: How many people need to cancel their subscription for it to make an impact?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bored of the old races look, NPC's monsters look 10x better.

Hmm :| *clicks to delete thread*
    Last edited by Ligerio; 2011-04-05 at 11:27 PM.

They did, and have been through out the years, if you want proof go look at the original models an compare em to now.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Deleted
    they go like : meh
    and then they find a way to attract another 10,000 ppl to the game and gone is their ""problem"

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care if they do.

Because to be honest.

People will just BITCH about it like they always EFFING do.

I know they can do a good job I just hope they don't totally screw up night elf females I played them for 4 1/2 years

actually what i find kinda funny is that alot of the old npc models DID get updated textures and even some got new skins.

15+ Year Old Account
    If your up to throwing away £525,600 on buying, upgrading and closing 10,000 accounts I think they might take notice.

Or not, in the hope you keep buying accounts.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    10.000 people cancel their subscription because the models are out-of-date.
    So Blizzard replaces the models with complete, state-of-the-art new top-notch models.

What happens next, you ask?
    10.000 people cancel their subscription because they want their old models back...
    10.000 people cancel their subscription because the models are not their personal taste...
    10.000 people cancel their subscription because Blizzard caters to casuals who demanded new models...
    10.000 people cancel their subscription because, well, everything was so much better "back in the days"...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    10.000 people cancel their subscription because the models are out-of-date.
    So Blizzard replaces the models with complete, state-of-the-art new top-notch models.

What happens next, you ask?
    10.000 people cancel their subscription because they want their old models back...
    10.000 people cancel their subscription because the models are not their personal taste...
    10.000 people cancel their subscription because Blizzard caters to casuals who demanded new models...
    10.000 people cancel their subscription because, well, everything was so much better "back in the days"...
    This. x100.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligerio View Post
    How many accounts do you think need to be closed with the comments you give before closing accounts, bored of the old human race, tauren, etc as every NPC look 10x better then me ^_^ So?

I think Blizzard would quickly get to work with updating at least the old races, not the blood elves or worgens, etc. But old races if like 10,000 people would close their accounts on the same day with the same comment. Would make some impact, don't you think?
    I'll be honest, I don't understand what you are on about, I'll assume it's about the look of the original races looks since it's in the title.

The problem with updating the original races, is that people have picked faces/skin colours and what-not based on how they currently look. If they suddenly looked different due to higher rest textures or whatever you are wanting, it could have a big impact.

If my character went from say this (http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...94_405_541.jpg) to this (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rollprimal.jpg) - then I'd be a little upset since I prefer the way the female troll looks in the low-res model as opposed to the more articulated one
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

Deleted
    They already tried to really update the models, but when that happened people went mental because they created their character to look like they did, and suddenly they didnt anymore. so its not just as easy as you think it is. People want it updated but they cannot change! You see the problem?

What does it matter if ur toon looks a little outdated when the gear just looks better and better! It's not like ur staring at the face all the time while raiding etc :P

Deleted
    I think they look good,not all of them but they aren`t bad.
    And this would be a massive change,so a lot of people might quit due to the game not being the same.
    My . of view.

Deleted
    They did, and have been through out the years, if you want proof go look at the original models an compare em to now.
    Yes I remmember how they completly gutted normals on Human female so it went pretty horrible just to remove few polys from their lowpoly stuff....
    I stopped tracking how many times I've asked about long cloak on NELF female just to have the bug still going on.
    Only thing I see is "Blood Elf shoulder blah blah".
    What does it matter if ur toon looks a little outdated when the gear just looks better and better! It's not like ur staring at the face all the time while raiding etc :P
    Would be true if armor was more than just a texture with unrealisticly huge shoulderpads and fugly helm that people can atleast turn off.
    I still don't understand why they are not adding any geosets for new tiers, it just feels like they're saving every little $ they can.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2011-04-05 at 08:51 AM.

I think the old races look good. 9 (39.13%)

whoever voted this shall be shot. It just give blizzard excuse to be lazy and ignore the most basic and important part for an MMORPG

Deleted
    I vote this is a stupid thread, if you dont like the way they look, dont play as them, or better yet, dont play at all, why dont you cancel your sub, then you wouldn't have to worry about how they look.

The only race the needs some work on them, is the dwarfs, and thats just to fix a bug, when weilding a 2h sword/axe/mace. the should gets cut off... thats it.....
    Last edited by mmoc95c97f64ce; 2011-04-05 at 09:21 AM.

They have already said they were hoping to add a option to keep the old skin if your not happy with the new ones they would bring in. That was like 1 year ago and since then its been quiet about reskinning. Chances are though people wont have anything to bitch about when they change em if they dont like the new models the option to be with the old skins is still there.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    It just give blizzard excuse to be lazy and ignore the most basic and important part for an MMORPG
    Sure who needs content or balanced pvp when you can have models that look more like some random anime figure.
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    I think the old races look good. 9 (39.13%)

whoever voted this shall be shot. It just give blizzard excuse to be lazy and ignore the most basic and important part for an MMORPG
    Based on your response, i'd be tempted to vote that anyway... before you say, i haven't voted yet...

Deleted
    If my character went from say this (http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...94_405_541.jpg) to this (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rollprimal.jpg) - then I'd be a little upset since I prefer the way the female troll looks in the low-res model as opposed to the more articulated one
    Just to shed some light on it: some CMs already stated they would *like* to do it (well whatever) and that if anything is going to change, proportions are going to stay as they are, because they're aware of this problem.
    In reality we're asking for more detail, but Blizzard haven't done it before. If they upgraded something else first, players would take the change much easier.
    But in my honest opinion it's just really crappy financing, because the game earns a lot as it is, and this wouldn't repay itself anytime soon.
    If hardware develops faster than expected, we will probably see some interesting changes.

Deleted
    I would love them to add new skins for the old races, but as said they would either need to give people free race change tokens or do something to allow people to re-customise their characters again.

If they do redo the skins, i hope we see a human face that doesn't look stupid without a beard.