Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

    Have anybody seen the newest trailer on youtube with some gameplay shots? I can't post a link, because i am new here. So you can find it on youtube. Since i played Oblivion i didn't think, that bethesda will make even more better game.

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Fierae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northampton, UK
    Posts
    1,245
    I'm hoping it will be a good game yes. If it's Oblivion but better, there is a very high chance it will be amazing.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Azjol-Nerub EU - Fieran (Feral) | Smite | LoL | Skyrim | BF4
    Played: EVE - 37mil SP | Rift Mage | Guild Wars 2 - Mesmer | SW:TOR Sage
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Have anybody seen the newest trailer on youtube with some gameplay shots? I can't post a link, because i am new here. So you can find it on youtube. Since i played Oblivion i didn't think, that bethesda will make even more better game.
    Of course they can make a better game, they've set the bar ridiculously high but of course it can be better.
    Skyrim will rock your world.

  4. #4
    It'll be just like Oblivion: great in previews, hyped to the gills, and touted as the messiah and savior of CRPG genre. It will also be delayed "just so all the new and wonderful technology can be perfected."

    Then when it is released, it will be ten miles wide and an inch deep, with the same bugs and gameplay mechanic hangups that plagued Oblivion, and the story on a par with Fallout 3 (we took all previous games, mashed them together and threw in a generous dose of bland and anticlimactic; enjoy). All paid reviewers will sheepishly praise it while counting their advances, Bethesda fanbois will cream, and people who still remember what an RPG should be will nerdrage on various forums and get banned.

    In six months, Bethesda will attempt something else, like the next installment of Fallout. Obsidian will once again be the real force behind the project, and the same paid reviewers will sheepishly assure us that "This will be nothing like Skyrim, and in fact ISN'T Skyrim with guns." Oddly enough, people will believe them because Obsidian did a pretty decent job on New Vegas. And all shall be well again.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    It'll be just like Oblivion: great in previews, hyped to the gills, and touted as the messiah and savior of CRPG genre. It will also be delayed "just so all the new and wonderful technology can be perfected."

    Then when it is released, it will be ten miles wide and an inch deep, with the same bugs and gameplay mechanic hangups that plagued Oblivion, and the story on a par with Fallout 3 (we took all previous games, mashed them together and threw in a generous dose of bland and anticlimactic; enjoy). All paid reviewers will sheepishly praise it while counting their advances, Bethesda fanbois will cream, and people who still remember what an RPG should be will nerdrage on various forums and get banned.

    In six months, Bethesda will attempt something else, like the next installment of Fallout. Obsidian will once again be the real force behind the project, and the same paid reviewers will sheepishly assure us that "This will be nothing like Skyrim, and in fact ISN'T Skyrim with guns." Oddly enough, people will believe them because Obsidian did a pretty decent job on New Vegas. And all shall be well again.
    Are you saying Oblivion wasn't epic? and was only 10 miles wide? lol Oblivion was huge and one of the best RPGs STILL. Not my opinion thats a fact. Skyrim AGAIN will be on the top of rpgs as was Oblivion and Morrowind. Who doesn't love nord mythology?
    I Just Herped All Over My Derp !

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurpin-Meh-Durp View Post
    Are you saying Oblivion wasn't epic? and was only 10 miles wide? lol Oblivion was huge and one of the best RPGs STILL. Not my opinion thats a fact. Skyrim AGAIN will be on the top of rpgs as was Oblivion and Morrowind. Who doesn't love nord mythology?
    Eh, "a mile/ten miles wide and an inch deep" means that something seems huge, but is really shallow and uninspired. Have I just been trolled? I don't know...

    No, Oblivion wasn't epic. Not compared to Morrowind anyway.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans 4KhazModan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CSUF
    Posts
    2,712
    Ya I saw it. Well, part of it. I had to change my pants part way through. Then I resumed. Then had to go change again.

  8. #8
    Dreadlord ryoukthebloodelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where am I ?!
    Posts
    762
    I loved those espcially the vikingish *not sure how to describe* music
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

  9. #9
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    Eh, "a mile/ten miles wide and an inch deep" means that something seems huge, but is really shallow and uninspired. Have I just been trolled? I don't know...

    No, Oblivion wasn't epic. Not compared to Morrowind anyway.
    Morrowind was amazing and so was Oblivion.

    I hate these types of comparisons because it's like "Morrowind was a 10/10 game and Oblivion is only a 9.5/10 so it's freaking TERRIBLE".

    Oblivion was amazingly fun and I spent just as much time on it as Morrowind. The ability to explore a massive world and always find something new over the next hill was just so much fun that any game like that would be fun. I wouldn't care if it was a Morrowind or Oblivion clone set on a new world, it's the concept that is fun to me.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  10. #10
    Morrowind was amazing and it set the bar really high, Oblivion was disappointment and only became playable to me through mods that removed the ridiculous level scaling and itemization (O HAY THUGS WITH DAEDRIC ARMOUR AT HIGH LEVELS MAEKS SENSE NO??" altough it couldn't fix the one man to voice them all VA and shallow dialogue.

    On the other hand, I have really high expectations on Skyrim because so far the things in it seem rather amazing. Just have to prepare myself for similiar kind of disappointment that was Radiant AI and I guess I'll be fine and happily waiting.

  11. #11
    Dragon age 2 is better :|

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Dragon age 2 is better :|
    The game isnt' even out yet, so there's no way you can already tell Dragon age 2 is better.

    Thx Kenz for this awesome sig ^^

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Fierae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northampton, UK
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Dragon age 2 is better :|
    That is the most useless comment I've ever read.
    I'm not even going to take the bait and bother arguing it.

    Skyrim is out on 11/11/11 though.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Azjol-Nerub EU - Fieran (Feral) | Smite | LoL | Skyrim | BF4
    Played: EVE - 37mil SP | Rift Mage | Guild Wars 2 - Mesmer | SW:TOR Sage
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    It'll be just like Oblivion: great in previews, hyped to the gills, and touted as the messiah and savior of CRPG genre. It will also be delayed "just so all the new and wonderful technology can be perfected."

    Then when it is released, it will be ten miles wide and an inch deep, with the same bugs and gameplay mechanic hangups that plagued Oblivion, and the story on a par with Fallout 3 (we took all previous games, mashed them together and threw in a generous dose of bland and anticlimactic; enjoy). All paid reviewers will sheepishly praise it while counting their advances, Bethesda fanbois will cream, and people who still remember what an RPG should be will nerdrage on various forums and get banned.

    In six months, Bethesda will attempt something else, like the next installment of Fallout. Obsidian will once again be the real force behind the project, and the same paid reviewers will sheepishly assure us that "This will be nothing like Skyrim, and in fact ISN'T Skyrim with guns." Oddly enough, people will believe them because Obsidian did a pretty decent job on New Vegas. And all shall be well again.
    The door is on your left please dont hit your head on the way out

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    It'll be just like Oblivion: great in previews, hyped to the gills, and touted as the messiah and savior of CRPG genre. It will also be delayed "just so all the new and wonderful technology can be perfected."

    Then when it is released, it will be ten miles wide and an inch deep, with the same bugs and gameplay mechanic hangups that plagued Oblivion, and the story on a par with Fallout 3 (we took all previous games, mashed them together and threw in a generous dose of bland and anticlimactic; enjoy). All paid reviewers will sheepishly praise it while counting their advances, Bethesda fanbois will cream, and people who still remember what an RPG should be will nerdrage on various forums and get banned.

    In six months, Bethesda will attempt something else, like the next installment of Fallout. Obsidian will once again be the real force behind the project, and the same paid reviewers will sheepishly assure us that "This will be nothing like Skyrim, and in fact ISN'T Skyrim with guns." Oddly enough, people will believe them because Obsidian did a pretty decent job on New Vegas. And all shall be well again.
    +1 for good post

  16. #16
    Skyrim will be amazing...here is the released gameplay trailer for those who havnt seen it :

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    It'll be just like Oblivion: great in previews, hyped to the gills, and touted as the messiah and savior of CRPG genre. It will also be delayed "just so all the new and wonderful technology can be perfected."

    Then when it is released, it will be ten miles wide and an inch deep, with the same bugs and gameplay mechanic hangups that plagued Oblivion, and the story on a par with Fallout 3 (we took all previous games, mashed them together and threw in a generous dose of bland and anticlimactic; enjoy). All paid reviewers will sheepishly praise it while counting their advances, Bethesda fanbois will cream, and people who still remember what an RPG should be will nerdrage on various forums and get banned.

    In six months, Bethesda will attempt something else, like the next installment of Fallout. Obsidian will once again be the real force behind the project, and the same paid reviewers will sheepishly assure us that "This will be nothing like Skyrim, and in fact ISN'T Skyrim with guns." Oddly enough, people will believe them because Obsidian did a pretty decent job on New Vegas. And all shall be well again.
    I disagree, just because Fallout:NV was a glorified expansion doesnt mean Skyrim will be a glorified expansion of Oblivion. The gameplay will be different and we will have new bugs to find!

    Also, there was already a thread here about Skyrim including the new trailer in the OP

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    It'll be just like Oblivion: great in previews, hyped to the gills, and touted as the messiah and savior of CRPG genre. It will also be delayed "just so all the new and wonderful technology can be perfected."

    Then when it is released, it will be ten miles wide and an inch deep, with the same bugs and gameplay mechanic hangups that plagued Oblivion, and the story on a par with Fallout 3 (we took all previous games, mashed them together and threw in a generous dose of bland and anticlimactic; enjoy). All paid reviewers will sheepishly praise it while counting their advances, Bethesda fanbois will cream, and people who still remember what an RPG should be will nerdrage on various forums and get banned.

    In six months, Bethesda will attempt something else, like the next installment of Fallout. Obsidian will once again be the real force behind the project, and the same paid reviewers will sheepishly assure us that "This will be nothing like Skyrim, and in fact ISN'T Skyrim with guns." Oddly enough, people will believe them because Obsidian did a pretty decent job on New Vegas. And all shall be well again.
    Yes and No.

    Oblivion was really, really promising in all it's trailers and previews, and resulting product was hardly as good as what we were promised.
    However, the game was still really great and lived quite long. I can still definetly remmember many good moments from Morrowind and Oblivion.
    Releasing same thing once again wouldn't be great move from Bethseda, but there is no such pattern, Oblivion is definetly superior to Morrowind in it's gameplay.
    Fallout 3 from Bethseda was really a failure, but then again NV was developed by many guys formely from BIS - guys who already worked on previous Fallout games...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Yes and No.

    Oblivion was really, really promising in all it's trailers and previews, and resulting product was hardly as good as what we were promised.
    However, the game was still really great and lived quite long. I can still definetly remmember many good moments from Morrowind and Oblivion.
    Releasing same thing once again wouldn't be great move from Bethseda, but there is no such pattern, Oblivion is definetly superior to Morrowind in it's gameplay.
    Fallout 3 from Bethseda was really a failure, but then again NV was developed by many guys formely from BIS - guys who already worked on previous Fallout games...
    I played oblivion for about an hour before deleting it. I wasn't impressed at all. No feeling, no character, just a huge world with no personality whatsoever.

  20. #20
    Oblivion has a lot of issues but it also fixed a lot of issues from Morrowind. Skyrim, just from the trailer and developer comments, seems to fix a lot of Oblivion's problems.

    Even if the main story is uninspired and poorly delivered I'll have no end of fun just running around a huge world, robbing homes, and assassinating nobles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •